The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S F
Just think, behind that frozen wall on track, your unis will have responded...

D: someone hack UCAS please
Original post by Matt.avf98
D: someone hack UCAS please

Right away sir 😋😋😋
sorry if this has already been answered but are aqa boundaries released at midnight tonight or tomorrow morning

not that im gonna check them... i hope....
Original post by PQ
It's very common for applicants to be accepted with one (or sometimes many more) dropped grades.

There are no guarantees though - if they are overwhelmed with applicants who have met their offers or they know that applicants with a C in that subject tend to fail then you will be rejected.

If they can fit you in and think you can pass the course then you'll be accepted.

I think im 1 or 2 ums off its in maths
Original post by usycool1
There is no exact time - it could be from any time tomorrow so just keep your eyes peeled.

Me.
image.jpeg
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5385
Original post by tanyapotter
sorry if this has already been answered but are aqa boundaries released at midnight tonight or tomorrow morning

not that im gonna check them... i hope....

8AM
Original post by usycool1
There is no exact time - it could be from any time tomorrow so just keep your eyes peeled.

Hi, a question - if you miss your offer by a grade, should you phone the university admissions team for your firm or the university's course admission to ask if you can still be accepted.

Also, do you recommend calling univeristies with courses which match your grades on results day and asking for a place, or do they have to be listed on clearing for you to get a place?
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
Hi, a question - if you miss your offer by a grade, should you phone the university admissions team for your firm or the university's course admission to ask if you can still be accepted.

Also, do you recommend calling univeristies with courses which match your grades on results day and asking for a place, or do they have to be listed on clearing for you to get a place?

You should only call if they are still shown as 'Conditional offer' on UCAS. If they have rejected you on Track then that decision is final and a phone call will not change it unless you have got a remark.

All courses with places on results day will be in Clearing, so probably not worth calling universities unless they are listed there.
Original post by Sikhanddestroy

Get your results and check track - then follow the results day flowchart in my sig

results day flowchart

Thought I'd try and get to sleep at 1:30 last night.

Ended up having a small panic attack and had to just sit up and watch Youtube on my phone until 3am.

These next two days are gonna be the death of me.
Original post by S F
Just think, behind that frozen wall on track, your unis will have responded...

Omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalierm2707
Cambridge care about both step and A2 grades... I know one friend who got A*A*A*A* at A2 and missed her step offer and got rejected and one who completely aced step but only got A*AAB at A2 and also get rejected. With maths at Cambridge they give out more offers than places as they know some people wont meet offers, and hence if you miss you often end up rejected. Its kinda harsh... But maybe you should have revised more than the night before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is all wrong.
Guys what time can you start calling for clearing? Some people are saying at 12 and others are saying as soon as you get your results? I'm so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not doing A-levels or AS, but may the Grade boundaries be forever in your favour.
Original post by brown_eyes
Guys what time can you start calling for clearing? Some people are saying at 12 and others are saying as soon as you get your results? I'm so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

As soon as you have your results and a clearing number.
Reply 5395

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you can start calling straight away but you can't actually add a clearing choice until 3pm :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have your results and your clearing number on Track then you can start calling straight away.

Without one or the other then you're going to get told to go away by the people on the phone.

You can only REFER yourself officially to a university/course in clearing at 3pm - but by that point you should have at least 3 offers under your belt (start with an easy dead cert on the phones then try for some riskier options, if you start to feel a bit annoyed then go back and get another easy offer from somewhere with lower entry requirements).

DO NOT RUSH into a decision - once you refer yourself on Track it's a massive ball ache to reverse that. Make sure you ask about accommodation, clearing open days/visits, look at student union websites/facebook pages and find out about the details of the course (modules, how much flexibility there is, opportunities for placements/years abroad, how much of your assessment is exam based, course contact time etc etc).
Reply 5397
Probably the same time as AQA boundaries :smile: so around 8am
Original post by PQ
It's too late to make changes I'm afraid (and even if it wasn't you need to speak to your universities directly not UCAS - UCAS can do very little at this point).

There's very little chance you'll end up with your insurance choice. Only about 8% of people do - because most firm choices will accept grades below the offer (often a lot lower).

It is worth emailing your insurance today (email their admissions office) and explaining that if your firm reject you then you would not want to take up a place with them and would like to be placed in clearing ASAP. That means when you ring on Thrusday morning (IF you miss your firm grades and IF your firm reject you) then you can tell them they already have intructions in writing about your wishes.

You can check it but it will be offline that early. UCAS wont make track live until their phonelines are open. Their phonlines open at 7:30am.
Get more sleep!

Call them up (and follow up with an email) and let them know that if you're unsuccessful with your first choice course you would like to be considered for alternatives (especially the one you prefer) before they reject you.

TBH I doubt you'd be rejected with AAA for an A*AA English offer at Exeter unless they've had a bumper year which given their VC is all over the press saying how difficult this year will be for universities doesn't seem likely

so i can check to see whether ive been accepted at my firm at 7:50?
Original post by scrawlx101
so i can check to see whether ive been accepted at my firm at 7:50?

You can check to see whether you firm and insurance have made a decision and notified UCAS at some point between 7:30am and 8am yes

See the first post of this thread for more details about Track on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest