The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Best Accommodation

So I'm applying to Warwick, and I have no idea what the accomadation is like.

I'm picking my top 5, and will probably end up putting Claycroft first. However I really want a good hall where everyone is social, stay up late, party etc.

I want a balance between work life and partying, so some sort of middle ground, is Claycroft fine?
Reply 1
Hi OP,

Claycroft is a halls which was not open to undergraduate students last year, so you might struggle getting reviews or feedback as this coming year will be the first year in a while that it will be open to undergrads. Previously, the halls were only for postgrad students. They are nice in regards to how they look and what you get in the rooms, but they are fairly far out in relation to central halls like Rootes and Jack Martin. You would have to walk through Sciences/Maths and Stats to get to central campus. If you are going to study something like Engineering, Maths, Sciences etc. you would be quite ideally placed to get your lectures!

The halls with the rep for being most party-like are Rootes. However, the truth is you can't trust the reps of halls as it literally all depends on the mix of people you get that year. I was in with some absolute party animals, and some very shy and introverted individuals, so it was really pot luck.

I hope this helps, but if I can do any more for you, please ask! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by dmrich
Hi OP,

Claycroft is a halls which was not open to undergraduate students last year, so you might struggle getting reviews or feedback as this coming year will be the first year in a while that it will be open to undergrads. Previously, the halls were only for postgrad students. They are nice in regards to how they look and what you get in the rooms, but they are fairly far out in relation to central halls like Rootes and Jack Martin. You would have to walk through Sciences/Maths and Stats to get to central campus. If you are going to study something like Engineering, Maths, Sciences etc. you would be quite ideally placed to get your lectures!

The halls with the rep for being most party-like are Rootes. However, the truth is you can't trust the reps of halls as it literally all depends on the mix of people you get that year. I was in with some absolute party animals, and some very shy and introverted individuals, so it was really pot luck.

I hope this helps, but if I can do any more for you, please ask! :smile:

Actually, there were a few undergrads in Claycroft last year: all of them finalists. I was one of them, and can answer any questions about the halls not related to the people living in them.
Reply 3
Original post by BlueSam3
Actually, there were a few undergrads in Claycroft last year: all of them finalists. I was one of them, and can answer any questions about the halls not related to the people living in them.

My apologies OP! Please refer to BlueSam3 who, to be fair, is a verified Warwick TSR genius! :smile:
Hi - how would you rank Tocil, Westwood, Whitefields, Rootes and Cryfield? Rootes seems the most popular bu I'm not much of a party person... I know you all probably won't have staed in some of those, but I'm guessing you might have heard some things about the others? Thank you!
Reply 5
Claycroft didn't have first years last year, but did the year before. It's pretty much central campus, but right next to the supermarket. It will be a quieter hall than the likes of Rootes as there are also postgrads and finalists in nearby buildings. One of the unique features is the fact two residents share a bathroom so it's a little bit like the American setup where you have a roommate - but the bedrooms themselves are separate.
ROOTES. I was there last year and it'll honestly be the best decision you ever make. I also wanted a balance between work and partying, but once you realise that first year requires very little of the former, you'll realise Rootes is the best place to be.

I already miss it so much :frown:
Original post by LaurieHarris
Hi - how would you rank Tocil, Westwood, Whitefields, Rootes and Cryfield? Rootes seems the most popular bu I'm not much of a party person... I know you all probably won't have staed in some of those, but I'm guessing you might have heard some things about the others? Thank you!

Tocil: Good sized rooms/kitchens. No sinks in the rooms. Central location. Generally decent.

Westwood: Good sized rooms. Massively undersubscribed. Kitchens can be crowded. A bit away from central campus.

Whitefields: Really close to the SU (noisy). Unusual arrangement (not for everyone). Houses tend to be quite close within themselves, but can be otherwise relatively isolated. Small rooms/kitchens.

Rootes: As Whitefields, minus the houses thing.

Cryfield: Good sized kitchens, reasonable sized rooms. Can get a bit of noise from the SU, but not too bad. Very narrow corridors.
Reply 8
Original post by franzorb
ROOTES. I was there last year and it'll honestly be the best decision you ever make. I also wanted a balance between work and partying, but once you realise that first year requires very little of the former, you'll realise Rootes is the best place to be.

I already miss it so much :frown:

hey i really want rootes accommodation and was wondering how to maximise my chances of getting like what should i put as my other options.
Original post by BlueSam3
Tocil: Good sized rooms/kitchens. No sinks in the rooms. Central location. Generally decent.

Westwood: Good sized rooms. Massively undersubscribed. Kitchens can be crowded. A bit away from central campus.

Whitefields: Really close to the SU (noisy). Unusual arrangement (not for everyone). Houses tend to be quite close within themselves, but can be otherwise relatively isolated. Small rooms/kitchens.

Rootes: As Whitefields, minus the houses thing.

Cryfield: Good sized kitchens, reasonable sized rooms. Can get a bit of noise from the SU, but not too bad. Very narrow corridors.

What do you think about claycroft? And which accommodation have the largest windows or best sunny green views?

Quick Reply

Latest