The Student Room Group

US election: Donald Trump to call for 'testing' immigrants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
'eyesight insults'

that's new:biggrin:

So far we have the following:

I know what you really mean.
Pretending to not understand the question / point raised.
Replying with messages that are not relevant to the point raised.
Group X already does this, so it doesn't matter if group Y also do it.

I probably missed some.
But wouldn't a potential terrorist lie in this test? As they'd be the most desperate to come into America to attack it?

Tbf it's just Trump trying to please the southern states to get their votes. It's a stupid idea that won't work like the wall he plans to build. :toofunny:
Original post by Lord Samosa
But wouldn't a potential terrorist lie in this test? As they'd be the most desperate to come into America to attack it?

Tbf it's just Trump trying to please the southern states to get their votes. It's a stupid idea that won't work like the wall he plans to build. :toofunny:

It's not just about terrorism

It's about the attitudes of people from some countries and their unsuitability of inclusion in to existing communities

For example it could be those who don't believe people are free to marry who they like and belong to any faith they choose or even none.

Now I know what you response will be 'these attitudes exist already' and yes your right they do but this does not negate this issue.
But wouldn't a potential terrorist lie in this test? As they'd be the most desperate to come into America to attack it?Tbf it's just Trump trying to please the southern states to get their votes. It's a stupid idea that won't work like the wall he plans to build. :toofunny:
It is not just about terrorism, its is about preventing ghettos from forming.
Original post by The_Opinion
It is not just about terrorism, its is about preventing ghettos from forming.

So it's not about religion, it's about ensuring the right people are immigrating. (E.g. Skilled workers, not unskilled workers who don't add to the country). Which is reasonable.

Trump wants votes, he uses any terrorist attack to say these things to get support. If a Mexican went on a killing spree, he'd bring up his wall, he just likes to play with people's emotions.
what's wrong with that? it makes perfect sense to do that.
immigration should be on a nation's own terms, goddamn it.
people from other countries are not citizens with the same rights of non-discrimination as domestic individuals. they can and should be doxed, profiled, etc for the overall protection of that country. we are a world of different nations - people from across the world don't have an equal right to come to a nation. we should select them based on *our* needs, not theirs.

also, you ought to have a certain amount of money, qualifications, health insurance, no criminal record (etc) before you can come as well. and compatible cultures to the UK ought to get priority. the fact that this isn't already government policy is astounding to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 86
I cannot commend this man enough
So it's not about religion, it's about ensuring the right people are immigrating. (E.g. Skilled workers, not unskilled workers who don't add to the country). Which is reasonable.

Trump wants votes, he uses any terrorist attack to say these things to get support. If a Mexican went on a killing spree, he'd bring up his wall, he just likes to play with people's emotions.

Who mentioned religion? The immigration test could apply to all, and so it should, every country should do this. The lack of such tests combined with a welfare state is the reason such ghettos already exist.
Who mentioned religion? The immigration test could apply to all, and so it should, every country should do this. The lack of such tests combined with a welfare state is the reason such ghettos already exist.

He talk about fighting "Islamic extremism" and ideological tests. It's obvious he's using this to gain support. (And come on, every politician does this)

"Applicants will be tested to determine if they share Western liberal values like LGBT and religious tolerance." - This is silly too, and I'm sure many Americans oppose gay marriage.

He's just a needs to be clearer instead of riling people up. He wants firmer immigration checks to ensure people who come in will benifit the country. If he said this, he'd probably have a better amongst minority groups too, who wouldn't see it as him being xenophobic or something.

But then again, I just don't think he'd be a competent president anyway, that's my opinion anyway.
I completely agree with Donald Trump.

Why let in people who hate and are offended by western culture and society?

Sounds like common sense.
What I was talking about was obvious to any one who is not a moron. I guarantee that @BaconandSauce understood my message, as would most on this site.

I would bet money on you and BaconandSauce being the same person tbh lmao
This is the most preposterous, illogical and racist thing I have ever seen in my entire life. For one, we don't live in an age of terror, what we are seeing is the inflation of threat posed by terrorists against Western nations in the wake of a few terrorist attacks. Compared to even a decade ago, the world is arguably more peaceful today. It is completely illogical to spend however much more money to mitigate attacks that are incredibly improbable. It is even more illogical to forsake an entire religious community to checks because of an improbable attack/mass homicides committed by perpetrators who probably aren't brown. The only imaginable way I can see this being carried out is by targeting people that are brown/black and by their ethnicities; that is RACIST. You can try your very best to ignore the accusations of racism if you support this, but unfortunately that's probably an entirely accurate description.
I agree 100%.

The life in the uk test asks questions like when St George's day is, but I doubt most Brits could tell you that. I'm most interested in knowing that the people moving here believe in secular government, equal rights of men and women, support homosexuality (~and the rest), understand the law, don't support domestic abuse, understand consent and rape, etc.

Also, if you want citizenship i think you should have to have a good level of English. No English = no right to vote, in my mind.

A few months the ago I was laughing at trump, now I am a complete convert.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending