The Student Room Group

When is too early?

When is it too early to start writing a personal statement?
I don't want to seem too eager😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessicaac

Posted from TSR Mobile

Starting now is a good idea if you re applying for 2017 entry.
Reply 2
Thank you! I've been contemplating it for the past week and then thought I should ask someone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its now or never.
If you're sure on the course then go ahead and give it a try, if not then research thoroughly into courses so that you're writing your personal statement on the correct subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Many schools will have requested a draft from their students before the summer holidays, so it's certainly not too soon now. Get the first drafts over with now. You will look back and cringe in a few months' time, so get it out of the way early!
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Many schools will have requested a draft from their students before the summer holidays, so it's certainly not too soon now. Get the first drafts over with now. You will look back and cringe in a few months' time, so get it out of the way early!

Ah right I will get a first draft started then. My college doesn't seem fussed about us applying to uni so they don't really seem helpful with when to start preparing application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

My school made everyone hand in a first draft by the end of year 12!
If you're about to start Year 13 then start writing it now!
Reply 9
Yes
I am 13 years old & Ilove writing.
Reply 10
Thank you, you've given me the push I really needed to actually get started :colondollar:
My college has barely mentioned personal statements, but my old school had everyone completing their first draft around April...
I don't think it's too early now. This summer's the perfect time to get sh*t done :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by torilee
Thank you, you've given me the push I really needed to actually get started :colondollar:
My college has barely mentioned personal statements, but my old school had everyone completing their first draft around April...
I don't think it's too early now. This summer's the perfect time to get sh*t done :tongue:

I have the exact same feelings right now 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi jessicaac,

It's never too early to start, and as you said summer holidays are the best time to crack on with it!
You might want to have a look at this vlog which will give you advice for writing your PS.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!:h:

UniAdmissions
Obviously if you write it in the summer holiday between year 11 and 12 that would be too early. But if I were you I'd start drafting it from June of year 12 onwards
Reply 14
after my AS exams this year we were all forced to do our statements and finish them by july 10th we can only tweak it noe if we want to change course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
You shouldn't care about seeming eager, the early the better. I would say late September - October is a good time to get it in as a lot of unis send out offers as soon as they start receiving applications and that way you won't be compared to many other students.
Reply 16
Original post by Tols
You shouldn't care about seeming eager, the early the better. I would say late September - October is a good time to get it in as a lot of unis send out offers as soon as they start receiving applications and that way you won't be compared to many other students.

I never really thought about it that way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending