The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Eurgh, sometimes the gps thing really annoys me! I'd just defeated a gym twice and got it down to 1000 point, so one more defeat and I could have taken it, when it decided I was just outside the ring where I could fight :colonhash:

Being on a station platform, I couldn't get any closer.
Been needing one more Oddish and one more Krabby for so so long to evolve them, finally manged it yesterday! I get way too excited when I get new Pokemon :lol:

1471342780409.jpg
1471342809454.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarkMagic
Because everyone deserves a chance: 😄 image.png*

aw that's so nice. i can't do anything to the mystic gyms around town because everyone stations their 1.5k+cp pokemons there and then there's no point in playing bc i can't win and raise the prestige. i'll just be wasting super pots. everyone's concerned about not letting other teams take a gym but honestly its not like any team holds a gym for more than 21 hrs. i saw a level 12 gym on my way home and in less than 15 mins it was overrun by another team. smh
Original post by Arima
aw that's so nice. i can't do anything to the mystic gyms around town because everyone stations their 1.5k+cp pokemons there and then there's no point in playing bc i can't win and raise the prestige. i'll just be wasting super pots. everyone's concerned about not letting other teams take a gym but honestly its not like any team holds a gym for more than 21 hrs. i saw a level 12 gym on my way home and in less than 15 mins it was overrun by another team. smh

Lies. I took the Gym at my town's bus station 9 days ago and we've had it ever since but that's kinda to be expected when your team plonk a group of PITA for people to deal with, Mystic gym up to level 13, i've got a 2613 Arcanine on it, the lowest on it is 1811 Poliwrath as of this morning, and the highest on the gym is a level 33 trainer with a 3447 Snorlax - good luck to any valor trying to take that :P
Original post by Changing Skies
Been needing one more Oddish and one more Krabby for so so long to evolve them, finally manged it yesterday! I get way too excited when I get new Pokemon :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jealous of that Gloom! I evolved an oddish a couple of days ago but the Gloom is only level 650.

Anyway now that I've hit level 20 hopefully I can start catching/evolving more stuff which will be CP1,000+!
Guys, need to ask but, once you hit a certain level, do the number of 2k eggs drop?

Haven't had any 2k eggs in a while minus 2... I would say 95% of all the eggs I get are now 5k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
Jealous of that Gloom! I evolved an oddish a couple of days ago but the Gloom is only level 650.

Anyway now that I've hit level 20 hopefully I can start catching/evolving more stuff which will be CP1,000+!

Yeah it turned out higher than expected! That's still decent enough :h:

I've definitely noticed a difference since reaching level 20 :smile:

Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, need to ask but, once you hit a certain level, do the number of 2k eggs drop?

Haven't had any 2k eggs in a while minus 2... I would say 95% of all the eggs I get are now 5k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no idea, but I always get 5km ones. Currently have 8 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right now I have 7 5k eggs and 2 10k ones.
One of my 5k eggs currently has only 1km left to go until it hatches then my second 10k egg is going into that incubator.

Really hoping for a Snorlax or a Lapras...
Wouldn't mind an Electabuz though, want a decent electric pokemon. Currently my best one is a 1249CP Jolteon.
(edited 7 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good to hear. Doesn't look like I'm going to level up quickly anymore so hoping these new ultra balls can help me catch some high CP pokemon.
Original post by iainvg
Lies. I took the Gym at my town's bus station 9 days ago and we've had it ever since but that's kinda to be expected when your team plonk a group of PITA for people to deal with, Mystic gym up to level 13, i've got a 2613 Arcanine on it, the lowest on it is 1811 Poliwrath as of this morning, and the highest on the gym is a level 33 trainer with a 3447 Snorlax - good luck to any valor trying to take that :P

why would i lie about the happenings of terrible game such as this.

the gym im talking about is the most public place in my town. which is more like a small city than a town. and the whole town is filled with hot headed valors who hate mystics owning gyms.

valors the majority here and even instincts are by far more common in this town than mystics. and even if there are any mystics only like lvl 20+s appear in gyms because!!!! they don't let lower levels win any training battles to raise prestige + station theirs there!! thats the main point i was trying to get at!!

and fyi it is possible to beat 3k+s, at the same gym i was talking about each team is constantly taking it and conquering it w their 2.5+ snorlaxes and 3k+ dragonites. im actually very glad when i see another team owning a gym nearby because that means i can at least win one battle w my lineup of 6 and earn xp and, yknow, actually play the game.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Right now I have 7 5k eggs and 2 10k ones.
One of my 5k eggs currently has only 1km left to go until it hatches then my second 10k egg is going into that incubator.

Really hoping for a Snorlax or a Lapras...
Wouldn't mind an Electabuz though, want a decent electric pokemon. Currently my best one is a 1249CP Jolteon.

Wow haha :tongue: let me know what you get :biggrin: I have one 10k one that's halfway to hatching! I desperately want a Lapras :frown: yeah I'd love any of those! Ooh jealous! Still need a Jolteon!

Original post by Zerforax
That's good to hear. Doesn't look like I'm going to level up quickly anymore so hoping these new ultra balls can help me catch some high CP pokemon.

Yeah same. My aim was always to get to level 20 and then I'm just interested in catching/hatching as many different ones as I can! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1331
Im the 1337th reply
kappa
Original post by Arima
i can at least win one battle w my lineup of 6 and earn xp and, yknow, actually play the game.

The game is predominantly aimed at gaining XP by catching pokemon and evolving them at the moment, Gym's give meaningless XP in comparison, so getting in a tizz over not being able to battle against them? Tough luck. I live in a suburb, I don't even bother with Gym's in the city, as they have a distinct advantage just by density of hotspots for pokemon. Until they implement trainer battles, I wouldn't be so concerned with a 6 pokemon lineup, i've binned 30 odd pidgeots now, as the candy to evolve pidgey's is infinitely more important.
Original post by iainvg
The game is predominantly aimed at gaining XP by catching pokemon and evolving them at the moment, Gym's give meaningless XP in comparison, so getting in a tizz over not being able to battle against them? Tough luck. I live in a suburb, I don't even bother with Gym's in the city, as they have a distinct advantage just by density of hotspots for pokemon. Until they implement trainer battles, I wouldn't be so concerned with a 6 pokemon lineup, i've binned 30 odd pidgeots now, as the candy to evolve pidgey's is infinitely more important.

the game might be "aimed" at evolving/catching....that doesn't mean people can't enjoy gym interactions more though.

IMO screw what's deemed "important" in order to level up and gain a bit of xp. I'm more interested in having fun :p:
Original post by PQ
that doesn't mean people can't enjoy gym interactions more though.

That's fine, but whinging because people aren't being fair by taking gym's and sticking high CP pokemon on them? Get a grip. Welcome to multiplayer.
Original post by iainvg

it is. but just catching and evolving is dull. battling at gyms is fun, and i agree it'd be much better once they implement trainer battles. competition for multiplayer is fine but it gets to the point where theres far too many 18+ elitists overrunning a game primarily geared towards older children. i'm fine with the idea of young adults playing pogo but at least be considerate to other players. it won't hurt.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm playing the game because I want to complete my Pokedex (or at least catch as much I can). I only fight gyms because it gives me coins to buy more incubators, which leads to getting more Pokemon from eggs. *I only take over easy gyms though, I find it really tedious fighting for more than 5 minutes and don't have the Potions for it anyway. I hope they bring out Pokecentres that can heal all your Pokemon at once.*
Original post by DarkMagic
I'm playing the game because I want to complete my Pokedex (or at least catch as much I can). I only fight gyms because it gives me coins to buy more incubators, which leads to getting more Pokemon from eggs. *I only take over easy gyms though, I find it really tedious fighting for more than 5 minutes and don't have the Potions for it anyway. I hope they bring out Pokecentres that can heal all your Pokemon at once.*

If they do bring out Pokecentres (I know they said they would), I hope it is limited to like once every half hour because it would make most potions and revives redundant...
Unless they make it possible to use potions in gym battles... then again that would make them too easy too...
Reply 1338
I love it when a pokemon jumps and you get an excellent bonus from a **** throw!
Original post by UWS
I love it when a pokemon jumps and you get an excellent bonus from a **** throw!

My finger slipped the other day and sent the pokeball flying SO HIGH I think It went into orbit.

Ratatta escaped because I couldn't stop laughing.

Quick Reply

Latest