The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

That UMS thing has me worrying a lot less now, thanks MoonVirgo and z33. In BUSS2 last year I got maximum UMS (so 120) which means I only have to get 200 total UMS from BUSS1, 3 and 4 to get the A I need.

That is how it works, right?
I cant wait until midnight to see edexcel grade boundaries ARGHFSKFHSLKXVHLKXVHXLKV
i'm trying to pass time by playing the piano, but i've played so much i have vertigo
Original post by ToastiestZombie
That UMS thing has me worrying a lot less now, thanks MoonVirgo and z33. In BUSS2 last year I got maximum UMS (so 120) which means I only have to get 200 total UMS from BUSS1, 3 and 4 to get the A I need.

That is how it works, right?

yup :smile:
This is the end.
I have decided not to look at Grade Boundaries this year, as last year I did and it got me panicking constantly... The stress was unbearable! 😂😒 So I am not making the same mistake again...
Reply 5445
Original post by QueenBee98
I have decided not to look at Grade Boundaries this year, as last year I did and it got me panicking constantly... The stress was unbearable! 😂😒 So I am not making the same mistake again...

Temptation will win. It's just a matter of time.
Original post by MoonVirgo
yup :smile:

Awesome, that's really, really put my mind at ease. In both English and Film I now know I've already got at least 70 each towards the overall 320 UMS from the coursework modules. I was underestimating how big of an impact UMS and AS Levels had. Though I am still cautious, just not bricking myself as much as I was before.
I cant be the only one who thinks it's silly that the clearing lines open on the same day as results day. They should have the courses listed but not be able to apply to them till the next day imo to give people enough time to consider their choices and make sure they're not rushing into a decision.
Basically if I fail I want to have enough time to cry about my life before I have to start making important decisions lol
Original post by Altun63
Do you have any source to support the claim about Durham?

I just thought it was a good idea but if what you are saying is true I will just stick with my firm.

If you really like Durham, you might as well try. It is a fantastic institution and if you don't try then you'll have to live the rest of your life thinking what could have been. I applied for Cambridge very optimistically, but I thought do it as I would live the rest of my life thinking I could have got there, but now I know I couldn't have. Anyway I prefer my firm choice of Birmingham. What are you looking to study?
Reply 5449
Original post by JMACM98
I cant be the only one who thinks it's silly that the clearing lines open on the same day as results day. They should have the courses listed but not be able to apply to them till the next day imo to give people enough time to consider their choices and make sure they're not rushing into a decision.
Basically if I fail I want to have enough time to cry about my life before I have to start making important decisions lol

Ummm generally people are expected to have made a back up plan already by results day about where they plan on going to and then have 9-5 hours to call around and get offers and then decide where they want to go. So you should be making the important decisions now really.
Are the grade boundaries released at midnight tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's 8am tomorrow
Original post by Pijktmyha
If you really like Durham, you might as well try. It is a fantastic institution and if you don't try then you'll have to live the rest of your life thinking what could have been. I applied for Cambridge very optimistically, but I thought do it as I would live the rest of my life thinking I could have got there, but now I know I couldn't have. Anyway I prefer my firm choice of Birmingham. What are you looking to study?

True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!
Original post by rxns_00
I think it's 8am tomorrow

Are you sure? Where does it say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some are, others not until 8 or 9 am. Edexcel are normally around midnight, AQA are normally last to the party.
Original post by miless090
Some are, others not until 8 or 9 am. Edexcel are normally around midnight, AQA are normally last to the party.

Can anyone verify this? Thanks by the way I'm so so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Altun63
True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!

Nice
Imagine if the edexcel bounderies are soo low and I can be more confident for the offer :smile: That will be such a good sleep !!!
Original post by miless090

Does anyone know what time WJEC reveal grade boundries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone verify this? Thanks by the way I'm so so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aqua website says 8am if you look it up not sure about edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest