The Student Room Group

Muslims "in the crosshairs of bigotry"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37079910

According to the New York mayor, in response to the shooting of two Muslims outside a mosque. I think he is absolutely right, we cannot let ourselves collectively incriminate all Muslims for the actions of the few.

Scroll to see replies

"most muslims aren't like that"? a 2011 UK poll suggested that 100% of muslims asked think homosexuality is "unacceptable" - and 75% of them thought people should be criminalised for insulting the prophet muhammad...and 50% thought gay people should be jailed. it's hard to not generalise with figures like those
(edited 7 years ago)
In many many cases they are the one pulling the trigger
Original post by sleepysnooze
islam is the most bigoted religion in existence...
"most muslims aren't like that"? a 2011 UK poll suggested that 100% of muslims asked think homosexuality is "unacceptable" - and 75% of them thought people should be criminalised for insult the prophet muhammad. and 50% thought gay people should be jailed. sounds pretty bigoted to me. it's hard to not generalise with figures like those.

This.

However, we should still withhold judgement of individuals but keep in mind that as a group, Muslims are demonstrably highly prone to such backward beliefs. Much more so than members of the other major religions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss

According to the New York mayor, in response to the shooting of two Muslims outside a mosque. I think he is absolutely right, we cannot let ourselves collectively incriminate all Muslims for the actions of the few.

Suspect of "medium complexion". Probably a sectarian squabble similar to when the Edinburgh shopkeeper (Akhmadiyya) was killed by another Muslim. Not surprising as Muslims have been killing eachother for the past 1400 years. Makes me wonder what a "true" Muslim is.

I agree, there's like 1.6 billion Muslims out there and if these two men had done nothing, then why was there a need to kill them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sleepysnooze
islam is the most bigoted religion in existence...
"most muslims aren't like that"? a 2011 UK poll suggested that 100% of muslims asked think homosexuality is "unacceptable" - and 75% of them thought people should be criminalised for insult the prophet muhammad. and 50% thought gay people should be jailed. sounds pretty bigoted to me. it's hard to not generalise with figures like those.

imagine if there was a community that believed in khmer rouge (pol pot) ideologies - would we really think of them as oppressed victims simply for being indochinese? because this is basically the mentality of those that say that there's bigotry against muslims who are mostly arab/desi.

A 5-year poll is meaningless, the dynamics of attitude towards Islam has changed so much in the wake of ISIS and the Syrian Civil War.

I have been right into the heart of Muslim communities, completely isolated from the rest of the world, and they are more welcoming and friendly than pretty much any white community here. I went to Kargil which is 95% Muslim and they offered us free food, hospitality and everything. They are not these western-hating bigots like you think, the evil of Islamic State has manipulated malleable individuals such as yourself into thinking that Islam is evil. Islam is bigoted, yes, but so are all religions, and Muslims should not be suffering - just as they are doing like in New York, because you're too lazy to differentiate between ISIS and the rest of Islam.
Original post by AperfectBalance
In many many cases they are the one pulling the trigger

Islam isn't forcing them to kill, these are hateful people who make a conscious choice to kill.
Original post by Willdono
Suspect of "medium complexion". Probably a sectarian squabble similar to when the Edinburgh shopkeeper (Akhmadiyya) was killed by another Muslim. Not surprising as Muslims have been killing eachother for the past 1400 years. Makes me wonder what a "true" Muslim is.

I've seen reports that the Muslim gangs (drugs, prostitution and the usual gang related ****) apparently are treading on the toes of the Mexican ones hence the attack
If you want real bigotry search Anjem Choudary, Should be hung.
Original post by MildredMalone
Oh noes, people who worship a paedo and who poll after poll have shown disgusting views are at the other end of biogtry?! Cry me a river.

You have no concept of diversity. Marrying younger people was the social norm in the Middle East 1500 years ago, deal with it. Quite obviously at least 95% of Muslims nowadays are self-aware enough to not marry 9 year olds. Our way of society isn't the only way of society.
You have no concept of diversity. Marrying younger people was the social norm in the Middle East 1500 years ago, deal with it. Quite obviously at least 95% of Muslims nowadays are self-aware enough to not marry 9 year olds. Our way of society isn't the only way of society.

It still happens today so yeah.
(edited 7 years ago)
It still happens today so yeah.
and your way of society is terrible

Wait, so you hate democracy?

You have it from AperfectBalance guys, my society, democracy, is terrible

I'm not a Muslim lol

And he's seen as the perfect example for all times, for all people. Therefore, his perversions can't be critisised, and places like Turkey and Pakistan use it as an excuse to legalise such activities.

Disgusting people.
Wait, so you hate democracy?

You have it from AperfectBalance guys, my society, democracy, is terrible

I'm not a Muslim lol

I assumed you meant "our" as in Islamic society. I will replace that but I was not talking about British society
And he's seen as the perfect example for all times, for all people. Therefore, his perversions can't be critisised, and places like Turkey and Pakistan use it as an excuse to legalise such activities.

Disgusting people.

What about Moses the plague-spreading terrorist?

Don't try and deflect this answer the question.

... what about him? His actions aren't used to justify anything today.
... what about him? His actions aren't used to justify anything today.

Neither are Mohamed's
Don't try and deflect this answer the question.

Are you blind or just stupid? There was no question in the response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending