The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone remember when OCR released their grade boundaries last year? I remember staying up to see Edexcel and OCR and can't recall whether OCR also released them around midnight.
Original post by victoria98
Anyone remember when OCR released their grade boundaries last year? I remember staying up to see Edexcel and OCR and can't recall whether OCR also released them around midnight.

Yeah I'm wondering the same
Reply 5482
Original post by victoria98

Last year 1AM
Year before 9AM
Original post by kayrx
If you get rejected from your firm & insurance uni and you go into clearing, can you apply to your firm uni again through clearing? Providing they have spaces ofc

You can phone them

They'll probably tell you no - they'll already have considered your application and decided that they can't accept you with lower grades (otherwise Track wouldn't say you were rejected) so unless you're going for a very different course then you're going to be wasting time on the phone you could be using to contact somewhere that does wont you.
I usually make a big announcement about this but for various reasons, can't this year. So I'll just make a post here - we've made some threads in the A-Level forum designed to help you guys in the run up to results (including the famous grade boundaries thread). Have a look at the sticky threads.

Good luck :smile:*
Original post by nimesh007
Guys are u all sure that grade boundries will be released at midnight

No - they can be released at any time.
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Awesome, that's really, really put my mind at ease. In both English and Film I now know I've already got at least 70 each towards the overall 320 UMS from the coursework modules. I was underestimating how big of an impact UMS and AS Levels had. Though I am still cautious, just not bricking myself as much as I was before.

WJEC Film? :tongue:
Edexcel bio4 has ruined my life
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Isn't it mandatory to get 90+ UMS in C3 and C4 for the A*?

It's a 90+ UMS average, a 180+ UMS total.
Meaning 100 in C3 and 80 in C4 will still get you the A*
Original post by emiloujess
WJEC Film? :tongue:

Nope, OCR, a course I haven't seen any discussion on here or elsewhere. The questions this year were great, one was based on something I had literally been practicing the day before and the other was based on something incredibly easy to write about. Got 95/100 in my Coursework as well so I don't really have any worries about it.
Reply 5490
Original post by usycool1
I usually make a big announcement about this but for various reasons, can't this year. So I'll just make a post here - we've made some threads in the A-Level forum designed to help you guys in the run up to results (including the famous grade boundaries thread). Have a look at the sticky threads.

Good luck :smile:*

Why are only 3 different coloured and not all of them :frown:
Original post by ToastiestZombie
Nope, OCR, a course I haven't seen any discussion on here or elsewhere. The questions this year were great, one was based on something I had literally been practicing the day before and the other was based on something incredibly easy to write about. Got 95/100 in my Coursework as well so I don't really have any worries about it.

I'm not going to get above a C :frown: It's really upsetting because I was 5UMS off a B last year and would have made the B if I'd talked about both sources in one of the questions which lost me 10 MARKS! I retook the exam but I know I didn't do as well. This year we had Mexican cinema which I struggled with massively and that's going to be the question that pulls my grade down.
Anyone know when the WJEC grade boundaries will be released? I remember last year they were the first ones out, which was a surprise because they are usually the slowest apparently.
Can someone tell me how UMS works in AS in subjects such as Psychology, im freaking out and im doing a new spec with 2 units. 😩
Original post by Aph
Why are only 3 different coloured and not all of them :frown:

Because we don't discriminate by colour :hand:

(You'll need to ask Gingerbread101 :tongue:)*
Oh my god I am so so nervous :/
Original post by Altun63
True, thats a good way of looking at it.

Law hopefully!!

If you don't get it - reapply. It's better to wait a year than cry for the next 3/4 years lol (don't want to go to my insurance). I'll be reapplying to Oxford myself if I have missed my offer.
Original post by emiloujess
I'm not going to get above a C :frown: It's really upsetting because I was 5UMS off a B last year and would have made the B if I'd talked about both sources in one of the questions which lost me 10 MARKS! I retook the exam but I know I didn't do as well. This year we had Mexican cinema which I struggled with massively and that's going to be the question that pulls my grade down.

Ah damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear it. In OCR our film question (the other question being about film context/history) was based around three foreign films of the teacher's choice, so we got a French (La Haine), Spanish (The Orphanage) and Korean (Oldboy) film to study. Only looking at Mexican cinema sounds like it could be very limiting, so I can imagine how hard it might be.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh my god I am so so nervous :/

What you applied for/where? All the best of the luck in any case, I'm sure you've done well.
Double Post!

Quick Reply

Latest