The Student Room Group

Well known UK islamist preacher finally convicted of promoting terrorism

Our old 'friend' Anjem Choudury has been found guilty of posting images and material linked to extremists with a view of promoting support for banned islamist groups. ( possibly a charge that could be levelled at certain members on TSR?)

He was highly prominent figure in the uk in converting various non muslims ( some of whom have gone on to join terrorist groups) to join his islamist supporting group and had a far reaching online prescence and support.
http://news.sky.com/story/hate-cleric-anjem-choudary-linked-to-500-british-is-jihadis-10539051

Scroll to see replies

Interesting stuff from his Wikipedia article

"Responding to claims that he was a "party animal" who joined his friends in "getting stoned", in 2014 Choudary commented "I admit that I wasn't always practising... I committed many mistakes in my life."

Another true Muslim??
Original post by alevelstresss

"Responding to claims that he was a "party animal" who joined his friends in "getting stoned", in 2014 Choudary commented "I admit that I wasn't always practising... I committed many mistakes in my life."

Another true Muslim??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmRNmGhdYnU&ab_channel=TL;DR
The wise and knowledgeable Anjem Choudary is being prosecuted by the police.The 49-year-old from East London said: "If you look at my speeches, I have said the same thing for 20 years. For me, it is a matter of worship.”
True, he has been saying the same thing for decades, you don’t get many lies from Mr Choudary.

This prosecution only highlights the stupidity of the British Police / MP's
Yes! imprison this bastard.
Just read this on the BBC, about f****n time.

How he got away with this for years is another matter entirely but better late than never.
Hopefully he'll be segregated, so he can't convert prisoners to islam, or further radicalise those who are already muslim.
Reply 7

Another true Muslim??

while he was a successful part of society and enjoying his life, he was 'partying ' but wasnt promoting murderous terrorists.
Good. Throw away the key.
Reply 9
Original post by The_Opinion
The wise and knowledgeable Anjem Choudary is being prosecuted by the police.The 49-year-old from East London said: "If you look at my speeches, I have said the same thing for 20 years. For me, it is a matter of worship.”
True, he has been saying the same thing for decades, you don’t get many lies from Mr Choudary.

This prosecution only highlights the stupidity of the British Police / MP's

i think he and his followers have made enough derogatory comments in the past about ppl of other faiths and promoted extremist islamist political ideology- but wasnt deemed worthy to stop by the authorities.
You could make same accusation of TSR mods here actually
I reject his worldview, but I believe that free speech should apply to everyone rather than just discourse which exists within a narrow Overton window. Sad day.
Original post by MildredMalone
Hopefully he'll be segregated, so he can't convert prisoners to islam, or further radicalise those who are already muslim.

This is the cucked British government and police force we are talking about, he will be treated like a king.
I'm glad he's in prison, but I do wonder if the same people who are the same as AJ effectively.. ie: the far right, are going to champion his right to hate speech, because of "freedom of speech" Nah I thought not. Not like em to be hypocritical

And again before someone says any thing to me, I'm glad he's in prison. That took forever
Original post by JamesN88
Just read this on the BBC, about f****n time.

How he got away with this for years is another matter entirely but better late than never.

It's because he's quite clever in his wording. I mean he was a lawyer before he became an extremist
Reply 14

Another true Muslim??

Nothing new there, the most extremist of them all always happen to be the biggest hypocrites. when you look at their past you will see that they all drank, smoked and slept around but of course if anyone else did it then there'd be hell to pay. one rule for them and one for everyone else

some even consider watching tv/films and listening to music to be 'haram' and claim they wouldn't want their wives to do it... but of course they do it all the time.
any woman who allows her husband to prevent her from doing something that he does himself is a massive idiot.
Reply 15
Original post by The_Internet
I'm glad he's in prison, but I do wonder if the same people who are the same as AJ effectively.. ie: the far right, are going to champion his right to hate speech, because of "freedom of speech" Nah I thought not. Not like em to be hypocritical

And again before someone says any thing to me, I'm glad he's in prison. That took forever

It depends on what he said that got him jailed, I'm glad he has been jailed I only hope it is for something that incites violence and I would possibly class encouraging people to join a terrorist group as that.

I'm not far right but I do support freedom of speech to being able to say almost anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Gets to run his prison with his muslim mates intimidating and indoctrinating many. Needs solitary
Original post by ELVsLP
Nothing new there, the most extremist of them all always happen to be the biggest hypocrites. when you look at their past you will see that they all drank, smoked and slept around but of course if anyone else did it then there'd be hell to pay. one rule for them and one for everyone else

some even consider watching tv/films and listening to music to be 'haram' and claim they wouldn't want their wives to do it... but of course they do it all the time.
any woman who allows her husband to prevent her from doing something that he does himself is a massive idiot.

Not quite. They realise the error of their ways. Realise they are going to the hell fire... thus try to make up for it by becoming extreme and devout. Realise they need to practice Islam in its purest form to make amends and be granted Jannah in allahs orfices
(edited 7 years ago)
Good, lock the rest of his horrible wormlike lot up too!

Plus, he should only be allowed to eat bacon for breakfast, And no halal meat either.
(edited 7 years ago)
I always found him to be a troll, never took him seriously so I didn't dislike or even care about him. That being said, even a troll can do lots of harm when the right buttons are pushed. If he is partially responsible for radicalising young people then he deserves the jail time.

Quick Reply

Latest