The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Why would it make things awkward lol? If anything your friends should be happy if one did better than the other.

You can't be that close if that's your worry lol

We are pretty close, it's just my friend struggles to get Bs and Cs and if I got something she works so hard for it would frustrate her.
Reply 1441
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
We are pretty close, it's just my friend struggles to get Bs and Cs and if I got something she works so hard for it would frustrate her.

All my friends are going with their parents so I'll probably see them there. I'm bascislly the smartest one of our group (not being big headed) and if they get a higher grade than me they will never ever let it go which will make me feel terrible.. so I kind of hope I don't see them there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by extraordinaire
Same! Preferably lower than 165 though. Imo both papers weren't too bad but some questions were worded weirdly and others were time consumming

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess, did you use the official mark scheme to count your marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mlb37
All my friends are going with their parents so I'll probably see them there. I'm bascislly the smartest one of our group (not being big headed) and if they get a higher grade than me they will never ever let it go which will make me feel terrible.. so I kind of hope I don't see them there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly, same situation with other friends too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121
Yeah I guess, did you use the official mark scheme to count your marks?

Used the unofficial one. By the time I saw the official one, I had forgotten my answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miless090
some found last years easy as well, the GBs were still low.

Yeah I know, it depends on how the country did as a whole :smile: You can't really very accurately predict the grade boundaries, you just have to make an educated guess :h:
What I will be annoyed about results day is that people who you don't really talk to or hang out with ask you what grade you have :s-smilie:
Original post by Starlight15
What I will be annoyed about results day is that people who you don't really talk to or hang out with ask you what grade you have :s-smilie:

That's definitely gonna happen to me, all the clever, popular girls will try to boost their ego by coming to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starlight15

everyone's gonna expect me to do well and i'll flop lol
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
everyone's gonna expect me to do well and i'll flop lol

I feel the same but you never know what the future may hold. I hope you exceed your expectations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel bad for people that are going to get their results with their parents.
I dunno if it's just me but whenever I am having fun,I have sudden but temporary feelings that slightly warn me not enjoy myself too much as results day is still awaiting. I'm just excited to stop having these strange anxieties when results day is over 😂😭😁
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Well said! I know what you mean

Original post by sahil19
Very poetic :wink:

Haha thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Real_jenn
I dunno if it's just me but whenever I am having fun,I have sudden but temporary feelings that slightly warn me not enjoy myself too much as results day is still awaiting. I'm just excited to stop having these strange anxieties when results day is over 😂😭😁

Same!!:colonhash: Hope results day ends on a good note so the next two weeks we can enjoy to the fullest without any anxious feelings haunting us :redface:
Original post by Mlb37

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exact same position😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Real_jenn

Yeah, it's like your body says. "Hey! Don't enjoy yourself, you should be worrying"

It's really weird, but that's the human brain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think a B grade will be for edexcel maths? I marked my self and got around 106-120. Is that enough?
Original post by Hs-234
What do you guys think a B grade will be for edexcel maths? I marked my self and got around 106-120. Is that enough?

Most definitely. You should mark with the official mark scheme found here to get a more accurate prediction.
Original post by miless090
Last year was a lot harder than any other year and it showed in the grade boundaries, 155 for A*. This year it was a lot easier and it's likely to go up to about 164 for A*.

what about for an A last year was 125 2014 was 133 and 2013 131 for an A wat do u think this year ?

Latest