The Student Room Group

Seriously how do kings (KCL) and Manchester compare?

Not specific to a particular subject or discipline, but in general. In terms of prestige, and in terms of being more well regarded, which one scores better? And why?
Reply 1
Both are very good, it's one of those situations where it's better to visit both and see which one you like better.
In general, King's > Manchester, but in specific subjects Manchester > King's.
King's >>>>> Manchester, sweetheart.
King's is much better than UoM.
Reply 5
Original post by PeterhouseKIL

M8 leave him alone. If you succumb to him like this it means you lost.
Original post by Scruffyjoe
Not specific to a particular subject or discipline, but in general. In terms of prestige, and in terms of being more well regarded, which one scores better? And why?

They are both absolutely on a par in general terms. As someone said above, they differ very slightly on a subject level, eg War Studies department at Kings is stronger than IR at Manchester, but sciences at Manchester are word class.

From other threads, it seems you have issues with the prestige on your Manchester degree. Stop obsessing, you haven't got a clue, Manchester is an international quality university and only Oxford or Cambridge would add further prestige to a CV (assuming that's what you are chasing).
Reply 7

Wow, you really are obsessed with me! I have a fan, I guess. Yayy (not!)
Reply 8
Original post by 130398
M8 leave him alone. If you succumb to him like this it means you lost.

Lol
Reply 9
Original post by AmyAlbertsLamb

Please go back to the lonely concrete jungles of Warwick and dream of it being better than UCL (or even being considered a prestigious university) x
Please go back to the lonely concrete jungles of Warwick and dream of it being better than UCL (or even being considered a prestigious university) x

I actually find you so cute! Now you're thinking Manchester is better! I mean, ignore the elite ranking list, the forbes list, the Linkedin list and come up with your own facts Manchester student!

Even in your own posts is Warwick mentioned, it must really hurt- you clearly got rejected!
Lol, King's>>Manchester.
Reply 12
I actually find you so cute! Now you're thinking Manchester is better! I mean, ignore the elite ranking list, the forbes list, the Linkedin list and come up with your own facts Manchester student!

Even in your own posts is Warwick mentioned, it must really hurt- you clearly got rejected!

Poor little loser, still sulking about yesterday and that UCL>>>>Warwick?
How about you get over it and move on? I know it has been a rude awakening that ucl is better than Warwick but you need to move on now. Let it go. Shhh.
How about you get over it and move on? I know it has been a rude awakening that ucl is better than Warwick but you need to move on now. Let it go. Shhh.

More like you're the one sulking when you've been proven wrong by numerous amounts of people. Just accept it kid. Manchester, lol. You must REALLY hate Warwick now? :wink:

warwick > ucl
umad

KCL has better prestige in general, though Manchester destroys it in science subjects.

It wasn't a rude awakening at all. UCL has been better than Warwick ever since Warwick came into existence.
Reply 17

Original post by ShafTJB
Lol, King's>>Manchester.

How do you know?
Okay, even though King's is really prestigious, I honestly don't think it's pure science degrees even compare to Manchester. Physics and especially chemistry, in Manchester, are world-class. Rutherford, Bohr, Geim and Novoselov.

But, if you're doing commerce or humanities, KCL is a no-brainer. War history, Politics, Art, easily, KCL dominates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending