The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L's Successor
Why are you trigger-happy banning people
But don't ban people with loads of rep gems?

See, this sort of thing upsets a lot of us mods. We're never 'trigger happy' when it comes to banning or cards. Simply because we have a duty to fulfil and that our section leaders and the CT monitor what we do too to make sure we're doing a good job and provide lots and lots of support and character development to us too. If we were 'trigger happy', we wouldn't be a member of the ST for very long, because that would be misconduct and that's not allowed or encouraged. When banning someone, reputation has absolutely nothing to do with it. A ban is carried out when rules are broken or if the user in question has too many of a certain card, they get banned automatically!

Despite what some will say, we haven't got the time (nor energy!) to be having vendettas against you guys. We're all the same, even if we've got purple names and you haven't. We're all members of this community and to ban people for no reason would be detrimental to everyone!

It does get a bit upsetting to hear that some people think of the ST as 'evil' or 'corrupt'. We're just people doing a job and trying to do our best! :tongue: The aim of this project is to try and get a message like that across. That we're here to be a part of the community and we want to make sure that you all know that and you know a bit more about the people behind the purple names! :woo:
Original post by iEthan
See, this sort of thing upsets a lot of us mods. We're never 'trigger happy' when it comes to banning or cards. Simply because we have a duty to fulfil and that our section leaders and the CT monitor what we do too to make sure we're doing a good job and provide lots and lots of support and character development to us too. If we were 'trigger happy', we wouldn't be a member of the ST for very long, because that would be misconduct and that's not allowed or encouraged. When banning someone, reputation has absolutely nothing to do with it. A ban is carried out when rules are broken or if the user in question has too many of a certain card, they get banned automatically!

Despite what some will say, we haven't got the time (nor energy!) to be having vendettas against you guys. We're all the same, even if we've got purple names and you haven't. We're all members of this community and to ban people for no reason would be detrimental to everyone!

It does get a bit upsetting to hear that some people think of the ST as 'evil' or 'corrupt'. We're just people doing a job and trying to do our best! :tongue: The aim of this project is to try and get a message like that across. That we're here to be a part of the community and we want to make sure that you all know that and you know a bit more about the people behind the purple names! :woo:

Well said.
What's been your funniest TSR moments?
Original post by Captain Jack
What's been your funniest TSR moments?

Dolphin swear filter was :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing funny. :lol: As was the joke idea of introducing an 'avoiding the dolphin filter' card. :lol:
Can you guys change my username colour to a rainbow coloured one? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RDKGames

Sadly not :tongue: though that would be cool!

Original post by iEthan
Sadly not :tongue:

Aw :console:
Original post by iEthan
Sadly not :tongue: though that would be cool!

I demand The TSR community demands this feature! :judge:
I demand The TSR community demands this feature! :judge:

I think in the very old days it might have been a thing. But the site had a different name and everything back then! @AngryJellyfish also remembers a time when you could get some very special rep gems on the old rep system. :eek2: The site has changed so much over the years.
Original post by iEthan
I think in the very old days it might have been a thing. But the site had a different name and everything back then! @AngryJellyfish also remembers a time when you could get some very special rep gems on the old rep system. :eek2: The site has changed so much over the years.

Didn't they have the red gems too?
Original post by titfortat
Didn't they have the red gems too?

They did yeah, for negative reputation! @Lord Trollington has a lot of red gems......... :colone:
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I have heard that TSR moderators are able to see the identity of anonymous posters on TSR. Rumour or reality?
@iEthan

Reality.

Though only Support Team members who help support the section you post in can see behind the anonymity; for instance - if you posted in mental health, I'd be able to see identify anonymous posters but someone who doesn't support it such as Ethan wouldn't, whereas if you posted anonymously in say the sexual health forum because I don't support it, I wouldn't be able to.

It's really important from a safeguarding perspective that we're able to see behind the anonymity. For example, in the case of someone posting something anonymously that needs the attention of the Peer Support Team, it's really important to be able to see who posted the content so we're able to get a message out to the right person and hopefully direct them to relevant help.
I have heard that TSR moderators are able to see the identity of anonymous posters on TSR. Rumour or reality?
@iEthan

Yes, if it is in the section that you have powers in. Not otherwise. We can see deleted posts in the same circumstances also.
(edited 7 years ago)
@iEthan

^^ what they said!
Original post by Akamega
Do you think the quality of discussion has devolved over the years?

Yes.

I remember the days where conversations were carried out in the GCSE and A-level forums with full punctuation.

i dnt lyk txt spk
Original post by Nirgilis
Yes.

I remember the days where conversations were carried out in the GCSE and A-level forums with full punctuation.

i dnt lyk txt spk

That's why I love you.
Original post by Nirgilis
Yes.

i dnt lyk txt spk

m8 r u srs its so good

Translation compliance

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Yes, if it is in the section that you have powers in. Not otherwise. We can see deleted posts in the same circumstances also.

Is that fair? The option to post anonymously is there for a reason: so that NO ONE is able to recognise the identity of the poster, regardless of status on TSR.
Is that fair? The option to post anonymously is there for a reason: so that NO ONE is able to recognise the identity of the poster, regardless of status on TSR.

As I said, it's really important for safeguarding.

I refer you to Deyesy's explanation.

Latest