The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Frantically going back to subject-specific exam threads and looking at the unofficial OCR mark schemes trying to recall what I'd scribbled 3 months ago and roughly calculating my raw marks and then guessing my UMS based on grade boundary predictions, sound 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year's thread hit 501 pages !
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
:biggrin: haha

Lol ur the same guy who PMed me like 5 times asking for advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5543
Original post by MessyEffy
anyone else going to be glued on this website come midnight-8?

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

Can you not work it out yourself? I even programmed an excel sheat to do it for me (and differentiate between A & A* :tongue:) but it's not much work to add a few numbers together.
Original post by PQ
None of those would be to my taste either - I'm not a writer or a linguist :no: I even dropped my "with computer science" minor because the syntax of coding drove me up the wall.

I did geology - it was really interesting and changed the way I look at the world and gave me lots of opportunities to learn new skills that have served me well. After maths, physics and chemistry A level the only thing I knew for sure was that I didn't want to do maths, physics or chemistry at university. Then I went on an engineering summer school and ruled that out too and stumbled across geology.

If I was starting again from scratch I think I'd do something like http://aub.ac.uk/courses/ba/ba-modelmaking/ - I love making things (BIG lego fan) and the range of opportunities to make everything from prosthetics and film props/films to architectural models and playing with a bunch of 3d printers/CAD/CNC etc kit sounds utterly amazing. (that's not in clearing though :p: )

This is though: GBBO Foundation Degree at *the* best place for catering/food science degrees in the UK :cool:

Yeah, coding is the bit that I'm not looking forward too... You know if you did your degree now you'd probably have at least one coding module (they seen to In all science degrees) :frown:

Model making sounds fun, but I HATED DT at school so couldn't go back to that!!!
lol as if this is on thursday....

least im finally bothered about it :lol: better late than never :redface:

although now i wish i wasnt bc palpitations

smh so indecisive :indiff:

Goodluck to everyone 'specially the A2 ppl cos i imagine that it is more stressful for you :console:
Original post by ninjass
I think I have either 70/75 or 73/75 (cant rememebr my answer for the vectors lol) and I think I have 70/75 minimum in c3 so its up to you edexcel bounderies to save me!!!! I am still scared that edexcel c4 will be sky high

What you reckon for s2? I can see it dropping a lot for s2 imo. People who can think outside the box would have smashed that exam, but people who only know whats in the textbook would have flopped i reckon.
I am curious here - who here is considering taking a gap year rather than go into clearing if results dont go to plan. It looks like the latter is the most popular option here althugh I feel its better to take a year out and then reapply to a uni you want to go rather than choosing a uni at quick notice (and the majority of times you wont have seen it before) and regetting it for 3/4 years?
Guys,

When you call a uni to go into clearing and they give you an offer, do you have to accept the offer right away on the phone to them? Say you still want to call up other unis and look for the best course available. Would your place only really be confirmed when you add the choice onto track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brown_eyes
Guys,

When you call a uni to go into clearing and they give you an offer, do you have to accept the offer right away on the phone to them? Say you still want to call up other unis and look for the best course available. Would your place only really be confirmed when you add the choice onto track?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a read of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15535-guide-to-clearing :smile:
Original post by milutin767

This is soooo not good 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bromazepam

Is this like guyliner and broghurt?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathsmad123
What you reckon for s2? I can see it dropping a lot for s2 imo. People who can think outside the box would have smashed that exam, but people who only know whats in the textbook would have flopped i reckon.

Looking at the paper - it was a bit tricky. Q5 will be a BLOODBATH and not many would get that

I think 59 for an A, 66 for 90 ums and 73 for 100 ums
Original post by ninjass
I am curious here - who here is considering taking a gap year rather than go into clearing if results dont go to plan. It looks like the latter is the most popular option here althugh I feel its better to take a year out and then reapply to a uni you want to go rather than choosing a uni at quick notice (and the majority of times you wont have seen it before) and regetting it for 3/4 years?

I can't find any clearing Universities that I'm particularly interested in, so if I end up in clearing I'll just resit some exams and take a gap year I think, no point going to a uni I don't want to be at!
Original post by Pato1
Last year's thread hit 501 pages !

And two years ago we got to our third thread! You are way behind lol :biggrin:
Original post by target21859
He's too good for school

XD
Original post by PQ
Bromazepam

Is this like guyliner and broghurt?

I think this is actually some sort of a Xanax-type drug, I've got it as a prescription for hay fever if the bronchioles constrict as it acts as a relaxant..but I think people use it when they're feeling anxious!
Original post by AmyPilot
And two years ago we got to our third thread! You are way behind lol :biggrin:

Has TSR suffered from the exam season changes? :frown:
Original post by ninjass

Me, I just don't like the look of clearing for my course :frown: I think I've just got stuck on the idea of going to my uni (Manchester) and I don't want to go anywhere else haha
Original post by Mathsmad123

I think S2 grade boundaries will be high, like 70 for an A* (I think grade boundaries will be more or less the same as last year)
I actually found that exam easy-ish, but there was a lot of "non-S2" algebra stuff involved, and algebra is my strength, so I may have found it easy because of that. I was surprised to see the S2 poll and that more people found it hard than OK, but last year's poll had similar results and high grade boundaries

I may be wrong and grade boundaries will be low. It's 5 pm so we still have 7 hours to speculate :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by ninjass

I am, I'm not going to bother with clearing if I end up in it and just reapply to my firm uni, that's the one I 100% want to go too, whatever it takes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by milutin767
I think this is actually some sort of a Xanax-type drug, I've got it as a prescription for hay fever if the bronchioles constrict as it acts as a relaxant..but I think people use it when they're feeling anxious!

blimey - your hayfever must be bad!

Quick Reply

Latest