The Student Room Group

Which Olympic athlete do you (dis)like the most?

Which athletes do you like or respect the most, and why? It doesn't have to be just from this games, but the Olympics in general!

And perhaps more controversially, which do you dislike the most? :ninja:
Reply 1
Wiggins / Cavendish.

Gatlin. Or, after her outburst following being beaten, Hope Solo.
Reply 2
The ones that beat Team GB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usain Bo- (Joking)

In truth its the:

US Basketaball team (not fair that all the pros are there,that goes for neymar aswell - Personally think there should be a separate team for the football since the olympics isn't the pinnacle of football)
Original post by scrawlx101
Usain Bo- (Joking)

In truth its the:

US Basketaball team (not fair that all the pros are there,that goes for neymar aswell - Personally think there should be a separate team for the football since the olympics isn't the pinnacle of football)

Whats the difference between the US basketball team and Andy Murray?
Original post by AlexS101

true,if I had it my way I'd have those at the pinnacle of their sport with arguably bigger trophies would be unable to compete - its unfair on other countries when a team like brazil can send out someone like Neymar to outplay their team - of course this isn't foolproof and its unfair
Reply 6
Usain Bo- (Joking)

In truth its the:

In fairness though, 90% of athletes are professional now (certainly all GB gold winners are, as well as a fair chunk of the other medal winners), so the notion that one group of pros is bad but another is fine is a bit hypocritical.
Original post by Drewski
In fairness though, 90% of athletes are professional now (certainly all GB gold winners are, as well as a fair chunk of the other medal winners), so the notion that one group of pros is bad but another is fine is a bit hypocritical.

yeah thats true I guess :smile:
Reply 8
true,if I had it my way I'd have those at the pinnacle of their sport with arguably bigger trophies would be unable to compete - its unfair on other countries when a team like brazil can send out someone like Neymar to outplay their team - of course this isn't foolproof and its unfair

The Olympics football tournament is an U23 tournament, with 3 older players allowed. One person like Neymar doesn't often make a difference - look at the teams who've won gold in the past (FYI, Brazil have never won it).
Highest Respect = Micheal Phelps
Plus he gets the nod for fav olympian
I also like Laura Trott though too!

Dislike, no idea tbh. Dont really watch it :tongue:
More of a winter olympics fan
Original post by AlexS101

The fact that more than one country has high level tennis pros?

Quick Reply

Latest