The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Incase no one saw it earlier...ImageUploadedByStudent Room1471364388.782905.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many people asking when grade boundaries will be released... The answer is on every page pretty much! Lol :wink:
Original post by Cadherin
If it's like last year:

Edexcel: 00:00
AQA: 08:00
OCR: 08:00

Can't remember WJEC but I have a feeling it was on results day.

WJEC released their grade boundaries before anyone else last year, I remember because everyone was in shock haha.
Original post by jn998
Do you mean 78-80% for the Depth? The paper was the same length as the breadth, only 70 marks

http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h034-h434/

I even forgot how many marks the papers were..and people keep asking for mark schemes :biggrin: Yes i mean around 78- 80% because they were fairly easy.
Original post by patricio_miguel
I'm reapplying as well! Ain't my ass going through clearing 😭😭😭

Nope it's too stressful, wondering about accomodation, student finance blah blah blah. I'm getting out of England one way or another..and that's not through clearing. All the Scottish unis for mental healtth nursing has gone... so clearing is only full of English unis. So it's a big no no for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, if my firm rejects me but my insurance accepts me can I reject my insurance and go through clearing?
Reply 5586
Original post by Mvoykov
I even forgot how many marks the papers were..and people keep asking for mark schemes :biggrin: Yes i mean around 78- 80% because they were fairly easy.

I was told there was no UMS for these, they just add the score to give you a mark out of 140 and the grade boundaries will reflect that but I think (best case) I got around 76% so I just hope they bring the boundary down a percent or two on account of the new exam style. Inevitably some people that would have got As under the modular system will get Bs just because it was more difficult to revise for the day before the exam
Original post by ninjass
I think so for edexcel only though
I hope my boundary predictions which are posted somewhere are too high compared to the real thing...

Your personal predictions for edexcel fp3?
Original post by jn998
Has anyone else done these AS exams?
OCR MEI: C1,C2,S1,D1,M1,FP1
OCR A Chemistry Breadth/Depth
OCR A Physics Breadth/Depth
AQA Economics Micro/Macro

If so how did you find them/any predictions of grade boundaries?

did the econ.

i think 60 for an A
Original post by ninjass
I think I have either 70/75 or 73/75 (cant rememebr my answer for the vectors lol) and I think I have 70/75 minimum in c3 so its up to you edexcel bounderies to save me!!!! I am still scared that edexcel c4 will be sky high

I remember most of my answers seemed right when I checked but I didnt estimated the raw mark, that was my mistake last year 😭. I hope the boundaries are low, espesh for D1 because I was rushing towards the end and that has never happened to me before! 😭😭
Original post by dauntlesstraitor
Hey, if my firm rejects me but my insurance accepts me can I reject my insurance and go through clearing?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15483-changing-your-mind-about-your-firm-or-insurance-choice
Original post by jn998
I was told there was no UMS for these, they just add the score to give you a mark out of 140 and the grade boundaries will reflect that but I think (best case) I got around 76% so I just hope they bring the boundary down a percent or two on account of the new exam style. Inevitably some people that would have got As under the modular system will get Bs just because it was more difficult to revise for the day before the exam

That was their aim to make it harder and so that students dont forget about the content straight after the exams. They said that would help us in uni. In my best case i have exactly 80% not up but this is likely to happen if the examiners were in a good mood when marking :biggrin:
Original post by lawlieto
What was that area question? Are we talking about edexcel S2? (I may have forgotten it)

The first one... I had to think for ages how to calculate variance :biggrin:

The expected value of area of a circle, (151/3)pi ring a bell?
Reply 5593
Original post by citibankrec
did the econ.

i think 60 for an A

Based on the last few years of grade boundaries that is extremely unlikely. They have been 60 once before but the old papers were out of 75 and the new ones are 70 so that 60 would become 55, and most of the old ones were 58 (for an A) so that would translate to 53. And then there is the fact that it was a new course which generally means slightly lower boundaries for the first year as some teachers won't have adapted to it
waiting on the grade boundary releases :s-smilie: i have no idea how i've done tbh
Hello PQ,
Do you advise that I should call up my insurance tomorrow? (I have received my results since i sat for cie board and am waiting for the decision) I know my firm will reject me but prolly my insurance can take me (since I missed by one grade)
What do you say? Should I call them and ask about the decision?
Original post by DesignPredator
The expected value of area of a circle, (151/3)pi ring a bell?

hmmmmm maybe something...
Just over 6 hours to go until grade boundaries!!

Who's leaking them?
Edexcel C4 was 69 for an A (72 for an A*) in January 2011. I think that paper was easier than ours though. I hope they aren't that high :s-smilie: (need that A*)
Original post by electrahearts
waiting on the grade boundary releases :s-smilie: i have no idea how i've done tbh

Same!!! Grade boundaries will help to have an idea on what will I get :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest