The Student Room Group

To all those Brexiters who had championed Switzerland as a role model

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
yeah I know - I ****ed up - I thought I found the right one but I found one from the idiot

what the ****? yes it is! :lol: what are you talking about?!

"hours"? I haven't been on this website in like a week!

Sharia Law =/= radical, sorry to burst your bubble, but it literally translates as religious law and has no set list of things that have to be followed, it varies massively from each country.
Original post by alevelstresss
Sharia Law =/= radical, sorry to burst your bubble, but it literally translates as religious law and has no set list of things that have to be followed, it varies massively from each country.

And you've got 3000 posts here, most of which are anti-Islam / pro-Brexit, on a student forum, which is pretty sad imo.

aw, you don't even know what sharia law contains in its legal code yet you think you know enough to start lecturing me about how islam isn't hateful? :'] sorry but I hate haters. so I hate islam.

sharia law says that gays should die. it says that atheists, blasphemers and apostates should die. it says that a husband can beat his wife. it says that an old man can marry a child. it says that a petty thief should have his hand amputated. it says that the testimony of women is worth 1/2 of a mans and that they should have only 1/2 of a father's inheritance.

in pakistan in the last few days, a legal court struck down a law banning child marriage because it was "unislamic" for ****'s sake. and remember that famous case where a little girl was accused of accidentally burning pages of the qur'an and she was going to be put to ****ing death?! remember that teacher who went to saudi arabia, named a child's teddy "muhammad" and got lashed, or threatened with lashes (I can't remember)?

and actually look at that link I gave you - you can literally click the links to studies - multiples studies - for each claim.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/04/myth-tiny-radical-minority/
(edited 7 years ago)
aw, you don't even know what sharia law contains in its legal code yet you think you know enough to start lecturing me about how islam isn't hateful? :':wink: sorry but I hate haters. so I hate islam.

sharia law says that gays should die. it says that atheists, blasphemers and apostates should die. it says that a husband can beat his wife. it says that an old man can marry a child. it says that a petty thief should have his hand amputated. it says that the testimony of women is worth 1/2 of a mans and that they should have only 1/2 of a father's inheritance.

Wrong.

[video="youtube;sjJVO8GASmw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJVO8GASmw[/video]

"There is not a strictly codified uniform set of laws that can be called Sharia. It is more like a system of several laws, based on the Qur'an, Hadith and centuries of debate, interpretation and precedent.
Islamic shariah is not implemented in any country of the world, most Muslim countries have their own laws & chosen only few of laws from Islamic shariah."

Not sure if I should continue responding, you're clearly just a troll or a bigot, or both.
Wrong.

[video="youtube;sjJVO8GASmw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjJVO8GASmw[/video]

"There is not a strictly codified uniform set of laws that can be called Sharia. It is more like a system of several laws, based on the Qur'an, Hadith and centuries of debate, interpretation and precedent.
Islamic shariah is not implemented in any country of the world, most Muslim countries have their own laws & chosen only few of laws from Islamic shariah."

Not sure if I should continue responding, you're clearly just a troll or a bigot, or both.

why are you going off on a tangent about islamic dress? did I ever even mention burkas? :| I mentioned all the other things thoug, like the death penalty for homosexuality, blasphemy, apostasy, wife-beatings, child-marriage, hand amputations for petty crimes, female half-humanity, etc

also:
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/09/04/myth-tiny-radical-minority/

you are shockingly uninformed - you remind me of myself at your age - I believed everything the mainstream PC media taught me
(edited 7 years ago)
why are you going off on a tangent about islamic dress? did I ever even mention burkas? :| I mentioned all the other things thoug, like the death penalty for homosexuality, blasphemy, apostasy, wife-beatings, child-marriage, hand amputations for petty crimes, female half-humanity, etc

also:

you are shockingly uninformed - you remind me of myself at your age - I believed everything the mainstream PC media taught me

Every time you link that stupid article I laugh, its been refuted, and accidentally by yourself lmfao.

And what is this nonsense about islamic dresses? I never mentioned that haha

Did you accidentally interpret 'uniform' as a dress code or something? If so, you're in shambles its unreal.
Original post by TercioOfParma
*Let me cite the Guardian to explain why you're a stupid evil racist bigot*

Original post by generallee
Yet another pointless thread.

You lost the referendum. Deal with it.

Original post by YaliaV
The Guardian is as bad as the DM.

*guardian link*
*tsk tsk tsk*
and when people send you daily mail articles you shrug it off?

Did any of you even read the article?
Every time you link that stupid article I laugh, its been refuted, and accidentally by yourself lmfao.

And what is this nonsense about islamic dresses? I never mentioned that haha

Did you accidentally interpret 'uniform' as a dress code or something? If so, you're in shambles its unreal.

And lastly about my age. If you know my age, and you claim to be more mature now, then you must be like 25-30 which if true is pretty damn sad if a 25-30 year olds spends his days ranting about Islam on a STUDENT HELP FORUM lmfao.

You're a complete shambles buddy,

don't be a child - I gave you the one with the actual links - the original one didn't do that at all, did it? it made claims without evidence, so it's not helping you. and again, even one link is better than 1000 claims.
Original post by SHallowvale
Did any of you even read the article?

nah - if they are allowed to not read DM then it's fair game to disregard a source like the guardian. besides, I'm doubting that the article had any references.
nah - if they are allowed to not read DM then it's fair game to disregard a source like the guardian. besides, I'm doubting that the article had any references.

You could be the better person and not stoop to the same level as those who'd outright reject an article because it came from the Daily Mail, Express, etc.

The article did contain references, many of them.
Original post by SHallowvale
You could be the better person and not stoop to the same level as those who'd outright reject an article because it came from the Daily Mail, Express, etc.

The article did contain references, many of them.

were the references linked?
don't be a child - I gave you the one with the actual links - the original one didn't do that at all, did it? it made claims without evidence, so it's not helping you. and again, even one link is better than 1000 claims.

You're the child here buddy, now rush along, I'm done with a shambolic person like yourself
Original post by inhuman
Because to me the vast majority of those "arguing" for Brexit are stupid. Some have somewhat genuine arguments that are based on anti-EU sentiment, some are at least honest and say they are outright anti-non UK, but most pretend it's the better choice, when it's not.

And why not? People on here discuss the US election even though they are not American. But I guess that is exactly what a leavetard would say :wink:

Studies have shown that the more someone knows about the EU and its various institutions, the more likely they are to have a negative opinion of it.*

I can conversely say that the majority of Remoaners (thought I'd return the childish insults) have very little knowledge of the EU and its inept protectionist policies, but of course I can't say that for certain.

People voted for different reasons and all had varying levels of knowledge on the matter. Grouping people together and making unsubstantiated assertions only serves as sanctimonious one-upmanship: wise up and accept the result.
Original post by ByEeek
Why Ha ha? We are all on the Titanic. It is all very well laughing at the designer for claiming his ship was unsinkable but we are still all going to drown or freeze to death in the sea.

In this scenario, it is the rich who play the parts of the women and children.

Indeed.
You're the child here buddy, now rush along, I'm done with a shambolic person like yourself

huh? what did I do that was childish?
Just to remind the OP, the UK majority voted in favour to 'leave the European Union', not 'leave the European Union providing we can piggy-back off Switzerland or Norway's model'. It is as simple as that.

It seems to be that some people are playing games trying to sneer at other people's decision, when the mature thing would be to respect people's different views to you. The majority won, please accept it. The referendum's result was a clear instruction to the government.

To many people, the UK must leave the EU, there can be no compromise on this position. This is why most on the Leave's side were undeterred by the warnings of potential economic risks because leaving the union was the bottom line of their views.

I'm always opened for genuine discussions, but these sneery attitudes are just toxic and ugly. It shows more about the mental age of the posters than the point they trying to make.

It's only been less than 2 months since the referendum, Article 50 hasn't even been invoked yet. Yet many of you already carry the 'I-told-you-so' attitude as if any bad economic indicator is a good thing. It is a destructive mindset and downright desperate, to be frank.

I think the lesson many of you here can learn from this referendum, is not how to make the best out of a referendum result, but to make the best out of yourself as a person first and foremost.

I know I'll get some defensive replies from some of you, but before you reply can you just look at yourself first and the way you carried yourself in this discussion?

/rant
In all probability we would go for an EEA-type arrangement. Which does, (despite what many on the remain side have said) offer some benefits (and admittedly some drawbacks) over EU membership, if increased sovereignty is your goal it does offer that ... sort of. The number of EU laws the UK would have to follow IS reduced although this does come with a trade off of having no formal say on the laws you do have to follow. It is very much a compromise, but it is not as I have heard some people say, akin to having the same relationship with the EU as we do now but with zero say.

If I were prime minister I have to say that it is the option I would pursue, because it is as good a compromise as I can see between the competing interests of the electorate. Now, I'm aware that someone will come back at this saying that, a good portion of the leave vote was such because people didn't want free movement. Well on that I'd have to point out that it's most certainly not the case that everybody (or possibly even the majority) of people who voted leave did so to end free movement within the EU, it would seem to me to be clear that in fact the majority of people are either in favour, or at least tolerant of free movement of EU and EEA nationals, so that IS a compromise we can make and is something we can very realistically consider keeping.
Because Islam contains 1.5 billion good, peaceful, non-violent people.
The KKK and the Nazis contain a much larger proportion of hateful, destructive individuals.

In Islam, the majority are peaceful. With the Nazis and KKK, the majority are hateful and destructive.

The average Nazis is literally harmless, a few years back I went into a job run by actual neo-Nazis and I was goading them about all sorts of hilarious and perverted **** and nothing happened to me.

All in all, they were White Supremacists of peace :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
Switzerland's deal was supposed to be a stopgap towards EU membership, instead they show no sign of joining and it's grown into a massively complicated set of arrangements that it wouldn't be viable to replicate.

It doesn't take PhD levels of research to know this and I've no doubt the politicians using this example did.

Switzerland has increased its own problems by refusing to accept open borders, but as that's precisely what the UK bargaining position will allegedly be, it seems we are going to share their difficulties.

The idea that these small fringe countries like Switzerland or Norway could serve as a template for the 5th or 6th biggest economy in the world was always a bit of a joke anyway - just empty UKIP or extremist Tory-inspired hogwash designed to con a gullible electorate.
Original post by CherishFreedom

To many people, the UK must leave the EU, there can be no compromise on this position. This is why most on the Leave's side were undeterred by the warnings of potential economic risks because leaving the union was the bottom line of their views.

It wasn't many people. The number of purist Euro-leavers based on ideological aversion to the Federalist experiment or whatever, yawn, was and is never anything but a small minority of headbangers. They won through an elaborate con game of charades, including (ignoring all the obvious nonsense of the 3bn a week for the NHS or whatever ridiculous figure was dreamed up) the con that somehow we would all be alright because we can live like Norway.

It would be nice if the headbangers now came out and admitted (like one of the bosses of the hedge funds that secured Leave through vast corrupt donations did) that the aim was always chaos and economic destruction for many Britons, that there would be no easy ride and that what lies ahead is a major depression and downward plunge.

Unfortunately, they prefer to continue lying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending