The Student Room Group

Is transgendered toilets our future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MeYou2Night
Yeah I know...and they're gender neutral so. transgenders can go there.

Non disabled people shouldn't use disabled toilets.

(transgender is a verb not a noun)
Original post by PQ
Non disabled people shouldn't use disabled toilets.

(transgender is a verb not a noun)

Yeah and a transgender person has changed genders right? Or are going to? As I also said, if you've changed to a man go in the mens and vice versa. What's the problem?
Yeah and a transgender person has changed genders right? Or are going to? As I also said, if you've changed to a man go in the mens and vice versa. What's the problem?

You're saying that non disabled people should use disabled toilets.

That's the problem.
How about we give everyone their own individual toilet in public?

Oh wait, they're called cubicles.
What about that girl in the USA who was born the wrong species? She thinks she's a cat (not a fetish thing) she actually thinks she's a cat. Should we have litter trays everywhere for them to?
Original post by studentlucy15
I'm all for LGBT rights. however, as a teenage girl, would no way feel safe sharing a toilet with adult men. I also believe this could increase sex crimes

Posted from TSR Mobile

so avoid politicians and catholic priests then ...

you are swallowing the misogyny and transphobia of the religious right
Original post by zippyRN
so avoid politicians and catholic priests then ...

you are swallowing the misogyny and transphobia of the religious right

No she isn't. She has a very legitimate concern.
Answer, no. Why? Because politics is a pendulum, attitudes change over time.
Original post by BRONZEMEDAL1
Is this not a moral crisis we see ahead of ourselves?

Does anybody on student room have any reservations, would you go out to protest at parliament if this became our reality?

We have disabled toilets. They are accessible to anyone of any gender, no point in going around building more bloody toilets for an extreme minority of the population. But in a way it is fitting considering gender dysphoria is a mental illness that needs to be treated not pandered to.
No she isn't. She has a very legitimate concern.

provide proof that trans women routinely attack cis women in toilets ... which seems to be the fear of the religious right despite the fact the criminal cases usggest it;s far risker to be in a toilet with a catholic priest or a US politician ... also concenr for daughters doesn;t seem to be refelcted in concern in sons ... yet another ofthe great double standards

interestingly the evidence base from Uk schools which have gone in part down the gender neutral toilets route is that it reduces problems overall and there is no suggestion of an increase in male on female attacks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JoshDawg
We have disabled toilets. They are accessible to anyone of any gender, no point in going around building more bloody toilets for an extreme minority of the population. But in a way it is fitting considering gender dysphoria is a mental illness that needs to be treated not pandered to.

where as being a discriminatory idiot is a choice ...
Original post by zippyRN
provide proof that transwomen routinely attack cis women in toilets ... which seems to be the fear of the religious right despite the fact the criminal cases usggest it;s far risker to be in a toilet with a catholic priest or a US politician ... also concenr for daughters doesn;t seem to be refelcted in concern in sons ... yet another ofthe great double standards

interestingly the evidence base from Uk schools which have gone in part down the gender neutral toilets route is that it reduces problems overall and there is no suggestion of an increase in male on female attacks

What has any of that got to do with a teenage girl feeling uncomfortable sharing a toilet with adult men?
Original post by abc:)
Er.... most people zip up inside the cubicle, regardless of gender. I'd find it a bit odd seeing anybody zip up outside the cubicle.

See it all the time. Urinals aren't in cubicles you know.
Unisex/gender neutral toilets are the future...well they're already here but I expect them to become more common in our increasingly androgynous society.
Reply 74
Original post by LillyB14
I am pro LGBT and think having a neutral toilet is a good idea but i think this should be alongside the separate male and female bathrooms. My reason being that there is a larger no. of straight perverts and child sex offenders. Just think of the extremes: peaking under stalls, cameras, pedophiles hanging around family restaurant toilets where kids are usually allowed to go alone. I understand that transgendered people need to feel comfortable like everyone else in using public toilets but i feel like its just going to make rape and sex crimes 100x easier :frown: - i wouldn't feel safe personally as an underage girl sharing a public restroom with adult men
However- in cases where the public toilets is just one room with 1 toilet and sink as well with an enclosed door (like disabled toilets) then those being neutral is totally fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? First, a door has never stopped a rapist before. Nor is there some kind of gender force field on the entrance to toilets. I've used the toilet in a man's bathroom before. Managed to urinate without being raped or molested or flashed at. Because there were no sexual predators of any gender in the bathroom. Same as the other bazillion times I've used a public bathroom.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
See it all the time. Urinals aren't in cubicles you know.

"if a man zipped up as he was leaving the cubicle, your daughter sees this, you wouldn't mind? Would you allow your future daughter into the toilets alone? I highly doubt it."

The post I was replying to was specifically talking about a male to female transgender person coming out of a cubicle in a women's toilet. So yes zipping up at a urinal is different but that's beside the point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending