The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ComputerMaths97
How do people know what time their exam board will upload grade boundaries :lol:

AQA have said 8am on there website and OCR have tweeted 8am tomorrow
Edexcel will post anytime tomorrow
Original post by Aph
Grade boundries need to come soon. My only worry is that AEA I don't think my guess is accurate (moderate overestimate) but maths and physics grades are reasonably accurate...mi hope

This years AEA paper looked really fun. Looked harder then last years I think(I sat that one) I predict boundaries a tad lower then last year like 68 for distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a bit confused about how clearing works. Do I apply via UCAS on the day, or do I have to phone up each university that has courses on clearing that I'm interested in?
Original post by PQ
You can ring. Be prepared for a short sharp NO though.

Quite annoying knowing that they probably let someone who missed a grade in whilst rejecting you but oh well.
Original post by yoli1998
I'm a bit confused about how clearing works. Do I apply via UCAS on the day, or do I have to phone up each university that has courses on clearing that I'm interested in?

You phone up and get offers from universities (lots of them) and then pick your favourite and refer yourself for that course/university on Track after 3pm. Once the university confirms it you have a new Unconditional Firm.
Original post by yoli1998

You phone up the universities and then enter your favourite one that gave you an offer into UCAS at 3pm. You can only enter one choice at a time, but you get the offers by calling as soon as you have your clearing number.
(I'm sure someone else will explain it better)
Anyone else been spending time today looking at previous years' boundaries for the millionth time, to finally confirm that you still have no clue :lol:
5 hours 5 hours 5 hours although I'm not actually worried about maths grade boundaries so I'm not sure why I'm excited. :biggrin:
I'm more worried about OCR Chemistry.
I can't wait for the grade boundaries just so people will stop asking when they'll be released :wink:
Can anyone tell me what it looks like on Track when you get accepted by firm? I hope it's nice an clear so that tense moment isn't dragged out xD

#WorryingAboutTheMostRandomIrrelevantThingsBeforeResultsDay
Who keeps trying to change the URL of the 2015 Edexcel grade boundaries from 1506 to 1606 in the hope it is up?
Reply 5671
Original post by physicsmaths
This years AEA paper looked really fun. Looked harder then last years I think(I sat that one) I predict boundaries a tad lower then last year like 68 for distinction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was so much fun!!!
I failed most of the past papers I did (boarder line merit) but I think this years was actually easier than most of the other years.
Question. When grade boundaries are released, will it be easy to calculate the UMS achieved for a grade not on the boundary, like if 70 is 90 UMS, what would 72 be? I need an average of 91 in FP2 and FP3 for an A* in further maths which I really want.
Original post by MessyEffy
honestly I thought it was just me!
I'm so glad it's the calculator and not my grades lmao. I'm pretty sure it's the calculator

Yeah lol I was like 'this can't be right can it??'
Original post by Aph
It was so much fun!!!
I failed most of the past papers I did (boarder line merit) but I think this years was actually easier than most of the other years.

The Q8 looked great.
Aswell as Q1, many people would think it is dead easy but could've been made alot more interesting and testing,inputs and domains/ranges of nested functions is alot more complicated then most people think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
You phone up and get offers from universities (lots of them) and then pick your favourite and refer yourself for that course/university on Track after 3pm. Once the university confirms it you have a new Unconditional Firm.

Ah okay I see. And how many clearing choices do we get?
Original post by Naveed Rahman
AQA have said 8am on there website and OCR have tweeted 8am tomorrow
Edexcel will post anytime tomorrow

8am at the latest*
The UMS system is so confusing
Reply 5678
What do you do if you haven't found enough courses in clearing for the course that you want to do? I checked a few days ago and there were at least 10 courses still in clearing, between 4 different unis, but now there are only 2 courses between two unis that I would actually want to go to. You say you should get lots of offers and then decide, but what if you only have 2 clearing choices for the courses that you want?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks
Original post by Craig1998
Question. When grade boundaries are released, will it be easy to calculate the UMS achieved for a grade not on the boundary, like if 70 is 90 UMS, what would 72 be? I need an average of 91 in FP2 and FP3 for an A* in further maths which I really want.

idk what exam board this is but I know AQA usually update their UMS converter at the same time as releasing boundaries...presumably other boards do this too?

Edit: I've checked this on their website and the UMS converter should be live at 8am tomorrow latest along with boundaries.
This will be the link for the converter when it's live, of course, I'm only assuming you are on AQA here..I have no clue about other boards: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/grade-boundaries-and-ums/ums-converter
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest