The Student Room Group

Hello

Scroll to see replies

They could, you would need to contact them for information about the fees for A Levels. You will need to take two other A Levels as well as Law.
Reply 21
Original post by Amefish
They could, you would need to contact them for information about the fees for A Levels. You will need to take two other A Levels as well as Law.

And you actually think that they could admit me but i need to pay for course
(A-Level)?? I think that this is a way better news
Reply 22
Original post by Amefish

So you really think if im older than 18 year old I can still do A-levels but i just need to pay for them? Could you please ask them for me because your englih is much better than mine.
Original post by Kodejs13
So you really think if im older than 18 year old I can still do A-levels but i just need to pay for them? Could you please ask them for me because your englih is much better than mine.

yes I will show you what they say
Reply 24
Original post by Amefish
yes I will show you what they say

Thank you very much :smile:
Thank you very much :smile:

Hi, the college responded and said that they only allow people aged 16-19 to do their A Level course, but you can do their Access to Higher Education course. There might be another college in Birmingham that lets you do A Levels though, if you really want to do them then you will have to check.
Reply 26
Original post by Amefish
Hi, the college responded and said that they only allow people aged 16-19 to do their A Level course, but you can do their Access to Higher Education course. There might be another college in Birmingham that lets you do A Levels though, if you really want to do them then you will have to check.

So at the moment I am 18 year old so maybe I could do A-level but Latvia GCSE is different than UK. I mean In Latvia has 12 years, If you do 9 year in Latvia and if you move to England you have to do 11 year.

So at the moment I have elementary School education sertificate (year 9)

Maybe I could move to England in this summer and ask for enroll?

What does GCSE exactly mean? You will need finish year 11 and then you get GCSE?

But I'm still not 19 year old so they should admit me
(edited 7 years ago)
What qualifications do you in Latvia? You will have to speak to the college about it
Reply 28
Original post by Amefish
What qualifications do you in Latvia? You will have to speak to the college about it

What Qualifications exactly you mean?

Subjects or something like that?
Reply 29
Original post by Amefish

I find this College could this allow me to do A-level?

http://www.bridgwater.ac.uk/subject.php?sector=1&subject=28

http://www.bridgwater.ac.uk/course.php?sector=1&subject=28&course=67

I think that College allow do A-levels Between 16 and 19 year olds
(edited 7 years ago)
What Qualifications exactly you mean?

Subjects or something like that?

In England we do GCSE, A Levels, Bachelors, etc. What do you do in Latvia? Email the college and ask if you can do A Levels if you are over 19. Send them this:"Hi, I was just wondering if I could study A Levels at your college if I am over 19, and what would the costs be?

Thanks."

My college offers older students to study their A Levels, but it's not in Birmingham. Nonetheless, it show that some colleges allow it.
Reply 31
Original post by Amefish
In England we do GCSE, A Levels, Bachelors, etc. What do you do in Latvia? Email the college and ask if you can do A Levels if you are over 19. Send them this:"Hi, I was just wondering if I could study A Levels at your college if I am over 19, and what would the costs be?

Thanks."

My college offers older students to study their A Levels, but it's not in Birmingham. Nonetheless, it show that some colleges allow it.

What colege are you studying at?
What colege are you studying at?

Vision West Notts, in Mansfield
Reply 33
Original post by Amefish
Vision West Notts, in Mansfield

I just emailed to your college. That college not far from Birgimham only like 65miles.

But I very hope that wouldn't very expensive to study there
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you think that your college meight offer A-level if I'm over 19?

Yeah they do I think
Reply 35
Original post by Amefish
Yeah they do I think

I just emailed to them

Thanks for suggestion :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Amefish
Yeah they do I think

Hello again. I got the response from the college what actually suggested me

http://imgur.com/a/V42mC

So this mean that actually can admit me to this college?

If they really do where can i find something about a tutition fees?
Reply 37
Original post by Amefish

which college is that?I just turned 19 and i live in west bromwich i really couldn't find colleges where i can do my A-levels can you please suggest me some near west bromwich
Original post by Bijendra
which college is that?I just turned 19 and i live in west bromwich i really couldn't find colleges where i can do my A-levels can you please suggest me some near west bromwich

I'm not sure, sorry. You'll have to contact them individually if it's not stated on their website. You might have to pay though

Quick Reply

Latest