The Student Room Group

MSc Health Psychology help

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a bit of advice about postgrad study. Ultimately I want to do a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology but I know I do not have enough experience for this level of study yet. I am wondering whether doing an MSc in Health Psychology will strengthen my application or not. I am interested in the Health/Clinical side of Psychology. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
If it's relevant then yes but check the requirements of the doctorate first. They may also want work experience.
I have an MSc in Health Psychology! Well, I graduate in two months anyway. I think it would help an application for clin psy more than any other professional psychology masters, however probably something like MSc Applications of Clinical Psychology or something like that title would probably be looked upon more favourably. Working in the field is way more important though.
Reply 3
Original post by JamesManc
I have an MSc in Health Psychology! Well, I graduate in two months anyway. I think it would help an application for clin psy more than any other professional psychology masters, however probably something like MSc Applications of Clinical Psychology or something like that title would probably be looked upon more favourably. Working in the field is way more important though.

Would you be able to give me a bit of advice on your masters? I'm still in the process of deciding whether it is the right thing for me to do or not. At which uni have you done it?
LJMU, you don't do much that is clinical in it really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending