The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leonard Dev
Could you tell me the name of this book please?

"A First Course in Abstract Algebra" by John B. Fraleigh.
It's given to Indian institutions afaik, it has good exercises but I think there are better books on abstract algebra; one of those classic books. It works through basic group theory, and then connects it to the other algebraic structures like rings and fields; at the end there is some galois theory.
Original post by physicsmaths
It is so satisfying to look at weirdly.
Makes me happy. Wowza.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you on
So much beefing in the results day thread lol, first mathsmaths then zacin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BioOx
*Laughs* The proof of arrogance of this Cambridge species is trivial, and is left as an exercise.
I wonder how 'd you play LOL?

>tfw I am considered arrogant for not liking your autism
>tfw you are Oxford wannabe and yet don't know the meaning of 'arrogance'

I pity you fam
but it's ok
you will fit right in Oxford
and you can at least put autism in the extenuating circumstances form
Original post by BioOx
*Laughs* The proof of arrogance of this Cambridge species is trivial, and is left as an exercise.
I wonder how 'd you play LOL?

I think I've learned enough to know that by the end of my third year that phrase will trigger me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
So much beefing in the results day thread lol, first mathsmaths then zacin

Posted from TSR Mobile

tell me if any of you want help with the beefing
I protect my TSR lads all the way
Original post by Insight314
tell me if any of you want help with the beefing
I protect my TSR lads all the way

Yeh blud back the mandem 100%.
They trying to call me retarded blud.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh blud back the mandem 100%.
They trying to call me retarded blud.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on sight with these man

Posted from TSR Mobile
"A First Course in Abstract Algebra" by John B. Fraleigh.
It's given to Indian institutions afaik, it has good exercises but I think there are better books on abstract algebra; one of those classic books. It works through basic group theory, and then connects it to the other algebraic structures like rings and fields; at the end there is some galois theory.

अभार -thanks
What are you on

Had so much lemonade today. Literally so pumped for edexcel boundaries. Gna be so fun.
Imagine if Physics is decent and M5 and 1 more out of D1 D2 and S4 has low boundaries.
I would literally get 4A*s crazy.
So far yet so close.

Posted from TSR Mobile
अभार -thanks

Hehe, not Indian.
I presume, you are Indian?
So many great mathematicians are Indians, I guess because of your educational system or just because of culture?
Had so much lemonade today. Literally so pumped for edexcel boundaries. Gna be so fun.
Imagine if Physics is decent and M5 and 1 more out of D1 D2 and S4 has low boundaries.
I would literally get 4A*s crazy.
So far yet so close.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right fam, I am so pumped for OCR but I think I may miss the A in Chemistry :////
there is like no chance of me getting lower than A* in FM since I got all full UMS (or a bit off full UMS for FP3 probably) in FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, M5 and a D grade in M4
gonna back you up when retards call you retard for the basic computation that is A-levels
is anyone else gonn pop sleeping pills the night before results day, like after STEP results? I gotta wake up at 6am to get to school so rip gotta get high on dem pills
Hehe, not Indian.
I presume, you are Indian?
So many great mathematicians are Indians, I guess because of your educational system or just because of culture?

Yes and i can only speak for the latter as I had the British education system experience. It's a matter of pride for most Indian families that their children be well educated; at least in the past.
Might i add: thanks Gove for the 'wonderful' experience.
is anyone else gonn pop sleeping pills the night before results day, like after STEP results? I gotta wake up at 6am to get to school so rip gotta get high on dem pills

nah im just gonna dose up on caffeine and lose my sanity.

btw is it me or do alot of people seem pretty 'salty' towards other Cambmos advice over the past day or so?
Yes and i can only speak for the latter as I had the British education system experience. It's a matter of pride for most Indian families that their children be well educated; at least in the past.
Might i add: thanks Gove for the 'wonderful' experience.

861e9922d57517ab69d2c36ed541c75a59d41b766ce7d0cc96ba07d2b425542d.jpg
Original post by EnglishMuon
nah im just gonna dose up on caffeine and lose my sanity.

btw is it me or do alot of people seem pretty 'salty' towards other Cambmos advice over the past day or so?

I usually dose up on caffeine pills so that day just gonna take sleeping pills and see how it goes. Gotta find where they sell those pills when I arrive in Cambridge, my mum usually buys them for me kek.

Yeah they are all pretty salty
But protect the Camb mandem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still trying to decide if I want to look at grade boundaries or not. Think I've got a pretty good idea of my raw marks in each paper so theoretically I should be able to calculate my grades which would be nice to know, but I'd rather just not know if I've failed. Plus there always seems to be dodgy marking (I'm looking at your OCR maths) and last year I was half a grade out on some of my raw predictions, so I don't want to look and think I've got in tomorrow, then get all excited and Thursday's disappointment will be even worse either.

Ugh I hate making decisions :dontknow:

The only good thing is that I stupidly stayed up until 5 last night so got 2.5 hours sleep before a full days work sat at a computer and I don't think I'll get much more than 7-8 hours sleep tonight so hopefully I'll be so tired tomorrow I won't be awake worrying for too long. Fingers crossed.
(edited 7 years ago)
>tfw I am considered arrogant for not liking your autism
>tfw you are Oxford wannabe and yet don't know the meaning of 'arrogance'

I pity you fam
but it's ok
you will fit right in Oxford
and you can at least put autism in the extenuating circumstances form

Solipsist!
You'd be a wonderful doctor!

My friend is going at King's college and honestly after witnessing who is considered to be a mathmo....I was disappointed
Original post by BioOx
Solipsist!
You'd be a wonderful doctor!

My friend is going at King's college and honestly after witnessing who is considered to be a mathmo....I was disappointed

Did you seriously just say that I am a bad mathematician for not liking you?

You are a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest