The Student Room Group

Course Change- No time for clearing number what are my options

Hi all,

Hoping someone out there can share any advice. I have had an unconditional offer from Nottingham Uni for counselling which I accepted early this year.

However because of circumstances I can't commit to that course I want to do a completely different course in Art at Derby Uni.

Derby Uni have said that I need a clearing number, Notts Uni have advised that to be 'released' takes 10 days! (I know, I must be the only person who didn't know that) The course I want to go onto is available in clearing but I have no idea how do go about it....any advice?
Original post by LisaKN
Hi all,

Hoping someone out there can share any advice. I have had an unconditional offer from Nottingham Uni for counselling which I accepted early this year.

However because of circumstances I can't commit to that course I want to do a completely different course in Art at Derby Uni.

Derby Uni have said that I need a clearing number, Notts Uni have advised that to be 'released' takes 10 days! (I know, I must be the only person who didn't know that) The course I want to go onto is available in clearing but I have no idea how do go about it....any advice?

Without that clearing number there isnt anything Derby can do for you, 10 days is a bit longer than normal up to a couple of days sounds more likely.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Without that clearing number there isnt anything Derby can do for you, 10 days is a bit longer than normal up to a couple of days sounds more likely.

Thank you for a reply! :smile:

Do you reckon I could go through adjustment? for the route I took have exceeded what Derby Uni require for their course?
Original post by LisaKN
Thank you for a reply! :smile:

Do you reckon I could go through adjustment? for the route I took have exceeded what Derby Uni require for their course?

You aren't eligible for adjustment if they gave you an unconditional offer i m afraid.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
You aren't eligible for adjustment if they gave you an unconditional offer i m afraid.

Thanks for replying :smile:

Ohh! I'm really lost with how I can get around this, really don't want to take a gap year. I guess I will have to have another conversation with the universities.
Original post by LisaKN
Thanks for replying :smile:

Ohh! I'm really lost with how I can get around this, really don't want to take a gap year. I guess I will have to have another conversation with the universities.

All you can do is hope they release you in a reasonable amount of time, there is no way to get round it.

Quick Reply

Latest