The Student Room Group

Why are people underrating Leicester again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
lol why? What margin are u expecting city to walk the league by given they had the best squad on paper before MAGIC KING PEP signed AND splurged £100-£200m in one window..

They must be nailed on to win the league at a canter?

Well they are the bookies favourites and it will be between them, united and Chelsea battling for the league.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Well they are the bookies favourites and it will be between them, united and Chelsea battling for the league.

Hope you watched the Pep masterclass tonight...
Hope you watched the Pep masterclass tonight...

Steau Bucharest... "Masterclass"

Pls tell me how many points man city are going to win the league by. Thanks
Steau Bucharest... "Masterclass"

Pls tell me how many points man city are going to win the league by. Thanks

Do I look like Mystic ****ing Meg to you?

Tell me how many dicks your mother is going to suck next weekend. Thanks,
Do I look like Mystic ****ing Meg to you?

Tell me how many dicks your mother is going to suck next weekend. Thanks,

So Pep is a genius yet you wont even say how many points you think he will secure the title with lmao
So Pep is a genius yet you wont even say how many points you think he will secure the title with lmao

How does it feel to fail so miserably at life that you can't even troll on the internet successfully?

****ing hell :rofl:
Reply 47
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I still think 5th or 6th.

I can see Leicester going above Spurs. I'm not so sure on Arsenal. Kante going will be a big loss to them as well.

Above Spurs?
Lucky to finish midtable
How does it feel to fail so miserably at life that you can't even troll on the internet successfully?

****ing hell :rofl:

How am i trolling?? You ignorant children seriously believe the hype ... ERMAGHERRDDDD URGHHHH PEPPPP WHAT A GENIUS

You seriously over rate the effect managers have on a squad and results
How am i trolling?? You ignorant children seriously believe the hype ... ERMAGHERRDDDD URGHHHH PEPPPP WHAT A GENIUS

You seriously over rate the effect managers have on a squad and results

Blah blah blah change the record mate, you're boring :boring:
Blah blah blah change the record mate, you're boring :boring:

Stick to Fifa and champ manager little fella

So I guess we can write the first gameweek off as a blip, due to a very well defensively drilled and motivated Hull side. Normal service has resumed. :smile:

"Magic King" Pep is top of the table, as expected
(edited 7 years ago)
Leicester to sign Adrien Silva and Slimani. Showing real ambition.
"Magic King" Pep again.
Original post by Diego Costa
"Magic King" Pep again.

Leicester losing again.

Remember you laughing at me for suggesting Everton would finish above them.
Original post by sr90
Leicester losing again.

Remember you laughing at me for suggesting Everton would finish above them.

It was more fun laughing last season when you said Leicester would finish outside of the top six and Chelsea would.

Everton haven't really been tested either their wins have been with they faced Stoke who are presently bottom, WBA who finished last season in 14th place. They did face a really poor Spurs side, but we'll wait and see, especially when only four games have been played.

I did say at the time Everton finishing above Spurs was less likely because they hadn't strengthened (at the time they only had Stekelenberg). They do have easy fixtures for now, but I see them falling a lot come December when they have many crunch games in a short space of time.

If we are going to get knee-jerk over predictions then this one is worse:

Original post by sr90
Baldiola won't win a trophy next season
Original post by Diego Costa
I've made similar comments earlier in other threads, but I don't see why people are largely predicting Leicester to finish 7th-10th which is 50-65 points.

Other than Kante (not irreplaceable) they haven't lost anyone and have otherwise strengthened. Ahmed Musa for instance in particular looks like one to watch. They've kept Vardy and it looks like Mahrez will be around next season.

The only other real argument is that the CL may take a lot of their energy, but start to finish it's only 13 games. I doubt the same people predicting Leicester to flop in the League are expecting them to win the CL. Even then, they're in Pot 1 and as long as they avoid Atleti and Dortmund can afford to play second string players and qualify in first.

Anyone else got any input for why they won't make top 5?

They've had fairly bad opening games and have no momentum at all....
The premier league will boost so much this year, with Cante, Mourinho, Guardiola and Klopp all pushing hard, with massive transfers like Ibra and Claudio Bravo.
Vardy hasn't looked great in recent games and was off form with England in the Euros.
Porto , Bruges etc. are not basic teams, this is a mistake that English teams always make and end up with results like Arsenal losing to Monaco, Man U losing to Wolfsburg etc.

My prediction this year :
1 Man City
2 Man Utd
3 Chelsea
4 Liverpool
5 Tottenham
6 Perhaps Everton

I predict that Leicester will finish around 7- 10
Everyone has seen their gameplan and knows now how and who to defend. Also when they play Guardiola they won't touch the ball, when they play Mourinho they won't get by a blanket defense etc.

And if they can't get by Liverpool's defense then....
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 57
The good news for Leicester is that - every time they suffered a defeat last season - they reacted well, and they will need to do so again after being thumped at Anfield. I wonder whether, subconsciously or not, the Leicester players are focusing on the CL this season.
Leicester won't win the league. only because they have lost Kante and most other teams have strengthened. 7th or 8th at best.

Quick Reply

Latest