The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
That's like literally what he said

Well, I'm just reiterating so that everyone knows I might not be able to post them.
Original post by SH0405
@Captain Jack has informed me that due to copyright reasons, links to papers and mark schemes cannot be posted.

****ing bastards. It's never been a problem in the past so why start enforcing it now?

Good job I saved the full set of AQA papers to my computer. Shame we likely won't be seeing the mark schemes or examiners' reports this year.
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
Yes I will get my AS result this year but I think all these systems are used in UK as for us we go to the university to apply and we can apply to as many unis as we want and then if we are accepted into a bunch of them we can choose one and we use SAT tests for a better chance of admission
Wow that's cool! I'm guessing you are a prospective student from the US? You do AS and A2 (A Levels) in the US ?😱
Reply 5843
Original post by marioman
****ing bastards. It's never been a problem in the past so why start enforcing it now?

Good job I saved the full set of AQA papers to my computer. Shame we likely won't be seeing the mark schemes or examiners' reports this year.

It's quite annoying, I know.
Original post by marioman

Oh, dear! Remember, unless they come armed...:wink:
I've got a couple of questions if anyone could help me out:

First of all, as the course for one of my uni offers I rejected seems to be on the clearing list, if I missed my firm and insurance would it still be possible to call them up? and also what is the likelihood that UCAS could mess up with your results and make you miss your offers?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Wow that's cool! I'm guessing you are a prospective student from the US? You do AS and A2 (A Levels) in the US ?😱

No I did my AS and will do my A2 from UAE
Can anyone recommend some movies to take my mind off everything!? Preferably a comedy or thriller! I shall thank you forever
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Ermmm, no, not at all. :lol: The 15 markers were the death of me. :erm:

Which questions did you do?

Same
The 15 markers were horrible in both exams

i did the liberalism essay. TBH i don't think it was that great. I will actually be okay with a C in Politics tbh.....thats how badly it went for me.
Original post by _Dreamville_
Can anyone recommend some movies to take my mind off everything!? Preferably a comedy or thriller! I shall thank you forever

Borat is decent
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Absent Agent
Well, I'm just reiterating so that everyone knows I might not be able to post them.

Sorry, didn't mean to be such a ****. Could you still post them on Reddit or something? They're not very strict about enforcing copyright
Reply 5851
Original post by SH0405
@Captain Jack has informed me that due to copyright reasons, links to papers and mark schemes cannot be posted.

Did you ask or did he have to tell you? And does that mean people can't post the questions they remember or make unofficial mark schemes in the future?
I AM SO NERVOUS GUYS!!!
I need BBC and tbh I really don't think I've done it - I resat most of my modules last year as I got CDE and I really think I've not done it:frown:
Original post by Insight314
I like how you put quotation marks around 'best'

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's true though? All the best ones go to Durham obviously, so they don't need STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Did you ask or did he have to tell you? And does that mean people can't post the questions they remember or make unofficial mark schemes in the future?

They shut down Arsey but it didn't stop anyone
Is it true re marking will be harder this year?
Original post by zoebeddardx
I AM SO NERVOUS GUYS!!!
I need BBC and tbh I really don't think I've done it - I resat most of my modules last year as I got CDE and I really think I've not done it:frown:

you *think*. you do not *know*, so stop worrying :biggrin:
Original post by ninjass
I am so confused - when i checked the UCAS website it said that MORSE and Data science was in clearing. However when I checked the warwick website it said otherwise. So which is correct?

More than likely warwicks website will be more up to date, but since its not instant you'll only know for sure if you call them.

Original post by Dave8991
I've got a couple of questions if anyone could help me out:

First of all, as the course for one of my uni offers I rejected seems to be on the clearing list, if I missed my firm and insurance would it still be possible to call them up? and also what is the likelihood that UCAS could mess up with your results and make you miss your offers?

There'd be no point in calling them, they would have had over 4 days to decide if they still wanted you so no means no. If the grades were messed up it would be because your exam details were incorrect on your ucas application, as long as those details are correct there shouldnt be any problems. If it appears they missed a result then their qualifications team can help fix it.
Reply 5858
Original post by Aph

He removed the links from the first post and informed me of the reason for this. I'm sure if you can remember questions from a paper and/or wish to create an unofficial mark scheme, then you're allowed to post them, since they are not copyrighted as such. I think.
Original post by drandy76
It's true though? All the best ones go to Durham obviously, so they don't need STEP

Posted from TSR Mobile

Durham not wanting STEP for Maths is a godsend haha, just need the A*AA!

Quick Reply

Latest