The Student Room Group

I'm in love with someone I have never met

Me and this guy have been following each other on Instagram for the past two years. We've interacted through dms before but we are both too shy to admit how we feel. It's so frustrating I don't really want to take this further but I'm too scared. What would do you suggest I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and this guy have been following each other on Instagram for the past two years. We've interacted through dms before but we are both too shy to admit how we feel. It's so frustrating I don't really want to take this further but I'm too scared. What would do you suggest I do?

Are you really in love?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I also forgot to mention that I can't stop thinking about him. Every song I listen to reminds me of him
Reply 3
Original post by RobML
Are you really in love?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it's love not lust
All you have to say is "I like you" ffs
Reply 5
Yes it's love not lust

How well do you know each other?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes it's love not lust

That is not true, but that's okay. You probably don't know what it is yet. I made the same mistake the first time.

You either take it somewhere (though you said you're scared to) or block him. There is no happy inbetween.
Reply 7
Original post by RobML
How well do you know each other?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very well, I had on snapchat for about a year and I feel like I know everything about him. We just haven't discussed having relationship because we live in different cities too 😔
You're not in love, go meet them IRL and see if you click.
What would you want to do? If you really see yourself in love with him then you must act on how you feel and tell him despite your fears (someone has got to do it)/ But it is really up to how you feel- if there is doubt then perhaps it is not love.
I doubt it's love but just message him
Whilst I understand definitions of love vary from person to person, generally speaking...you simply cannot fall in love with someone you have never met. You don't know how compatible you are physically together, for one example.

Regardless, express yourself. Only way for things to potentially take a step forward in the right direction.
You don't understand it was love at first follow
You don't understand it was love at first follow

Okay, now I call ******** on this whole thread. :tongue:

Darling, that's not love; you are infatuated. Love is much, much more and can only manifest after you get to know each other in person. I know what it's like to be infatuated with an online persona, it felt similar to love. After we met in person my feelings began to vanish gradually.

About taking things further: if you don't take risks, you'll never get what you truly want in life. Tell him that you would like to get to know him better and ask him what he thinks about meeting for a coffee. Something simple and in a public place will be less awkward for a first meeting.

whats dms?
Reply 16
People are too quick to throw the word 'love' around nowadays.

You like him because you have a lot in common, are compatible with each other and/or fancy each other rotten. it may feel like love but that doesn't necessarily mean it is love.

It's the same thing for me I've known the guy for a year now and we are so similar.
Sounds like Myspace.
????
21st centuary love :u:

Quick Reply

Latest