The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucy Jane.f
Wanting to arrange to do something with friends when we have received our results, but I'm scared that I'll end up now wanting to go if I don't get the results I'm hoping for 😭

I know how you feel there! It's pretty annoying

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucy Jane.f
Wanting to arrange to do something with friends when we have received our results, but I'm scared that I'll end up now wanting to go if I don't get the results I'm hoping for 😭

Dw you'll be fine and arrange to eat with your friends so if you do good you can celebrate through food and though it's unlikely if you do bad you can drown your sorrows in food
Original post by chloechurcher
Been reading this for a while now and thought I'd just say hello! It's safe to say I'm pretty anxious about next week now 😖

Hi. Join in. If you share what you feel about results day approaching so neat and read how other people are coping with it then it may be easier you on the day. And yes I'm extremely nervous too. Can't imagine that day:colonhash:
Guys I am extremely nervous, i have worked so hard and i feel like i failed everything, for example, the maths exam for edexcel that everyone said was super is easy. All my teachers said I am capable of getting an A* in maths, but i honestly left so many questions out. I'm so scared who else feels the same?
Original post by linda171
Guys I am extremely nervous, i have worked so hard and i feel like i failed everything, for example, the maths exam for edexcel that everyone said was super is easy. All my teachers said I am capable of getting an A* in maths, but i honestly left so many questions out. I'm so scared who else feels the same?

I'm really worried about my fate too with edexcel maths, I made so many stupid mistakes! You're not on your own Linda, this thread is full of worried students anyway!

Edexcel maths this year was torture. You're not alone, I felt horrible during that exam and had my teacher say the same to me. I hope despite that you get a good grade you're happy with :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheAnon121
I'm really worried about my fate too with edexcel maths, I made so many stupid mistakes! You're not on your own Linda, this thread is full of worried students anyway!

Same i made so many mistakes even though it wasn't too hard, what grades do usually get for maths if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Enigmatically
It didn't really reassure me that much but it make me less anxious and more confident. Considering I didn't do half bad. But I did get what I wanted. By God's Grace of course.

Btw, some of you that are having nightmares should really check yourselves. Don't let them scare you.

Don't worry I prayed for my dream to not be a reality because I know I worked hard
Reply 1488
Original post by chloechurcher
Hey thanks! What are you expecting to get in your results? If it's okay with me asking 😁

That's okay😁 I'm hoping for a mix of A*s and As with a few Bs and a C for PE which I was forced to take even though I'm terrible at it and I hate it. What about you if you don't mind me asking? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone !! :h: I'm sure you all did amazingly well; my form teacher always said that examiners are everyday people, they don't want you to fail and will give you marks where your due. Hopefully !! :crossedf:
Same i made so many mistakes even though it wasn't too hard, what grades do usually get for maths if you don't mind me asking?

I usually get C's in my Maths mocks because Im not very good at Maths. I even got moved down sets but I worked really hard and now I estimate I got about 168/200.
holy balls i've failed most of my subjects :biggrin:
when everyone here is predicted all A*s and im sat here feeling glad if i get a C in chemistry

A*, but I don't think I've got it on this paper :frown:
If any one of you is predicting A* on English literature, you are a god/goddess.
Original post by Mlb37
That's okay😁 I'm hoping for a mix of A*s and As with a few Bs and a C for PE which I was forced to take even though I'm terrible at it and I hate it. What about you if you don't mind me asking? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck, wishing you the best and hope you get what you're expecting!! I'm expecting A's and B's and hopefully A*'s in my sciences, although I think it may be a C for Geography because there were complications with my coursework ☹️! How come you got forced to do PE?
Original post by beccaaX
when everyone here is predicted all A*s and im sat here feeling glad if i get a C in chemistry

Hey, everybody has their own goals, your C may mean just as much as somebody's A* does to them, don't feel disheartened, we're all here to support each other, not to criticise ! Xx
Original post by beccaaX

Hey, goals are goals, we're all different. I mean if I got an A* in anything, I'd faint. Don't feel bad, you are you and good luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does it not freak anyone else out how English is so subjective. Like if the examiner was tired or something- I don't even want to think about it 🙈🙈🙈
This year I hope to get :

English Literature- A*
Maths- A *
Further Additional Science- A*
Food Tech- A
Sociology- A

In year 9&10 I did early entry for 8 GCSEs and I achieved:

Statistics- A*
RE-A*
English Language- A
French- A*
Core Science- A