The Student Room Group

A levels for law

I want to keep my options open as i don't definitely want to do law however, would politics maths biology and chemistry be suitable, I'm not 100% sure I would do well at maths and I have heard grades matter more than the subjects but I really don't know what else to take any suggestions?

Also is politics a 'soft subject' and how up to date would you have to be with the news
(edited 7 years ago)
There aren't any required subjects for Law degrees, however I would suggest History or English Literature. They are both well respected, and useful for Law and many other degrees :smile:
Original post by Zeqa11
I want to keep my options open as i don't definitely want to do law however, would politics maths biology and chemistry be suitable, I'm not 100% sure I would do well at maths and I have heard grades matter more than the subjects but I really don't know what else to take any suggestions?

Also is politics a 'soft subject' and how up to date would you have to be with the news

It all depends on what university you want to go to. Elite universities want traditional subjects, which typically includes one essay based one rather than maths based. Also if your not sure that you'd do well in maths, then don't bother taking it, because j really regret doing so.

Religion and or philosophy goes quite nice with law, especially when learning about the aims and changes of law. And if you apply to a university some require you to sit an LNAT and a generous amount is about religion, so it would become quite helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest