The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gorillion
but u don't have a ps4

:smile:

what's your point?
Best MMO: World of Warcraft (specifically Wrath)
Best story FPS: The whole Half life series
Best RTS: Original Starcraft
Best hack and slash: Diablo II or early D3, don't really enjoy RoS
Haven't really played many FPSes other than CS 1.6 source and Overwatch and I'm quite enjoying Overwatch atm

Definitely spent most of my time on World of Warcraft, so I'd like to say it /was/ the best game, but recently I've been turned off it.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
what's your point?

don't be r00d
don't be r00d

don't h8 m8
don't h8 m8

wonderful scenery, did you take the picture?
wonderful scenery, did you take the picture?

Yup, I love the bike service at hyde park :smile: very good source of income :smile:
From my earliest memory to my present day....

1. Street Fighter (Sega)
2. Rayman (PC)
3. Lara Croft Tomb Raider (PC)
4. Gears of War 1 (XBOX360)
3. Skyrim (PS3)
4. GTA 5 (PS4)
5. Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Reply 228
Reply 229
I'd say Final Fantasy 9, FEAR, Rome Total War, Hearts of Iron II, Morrowind.
Reply 230
Hmmmm...

For me it's probably Legend of Mir 2. The community was incredible. Everyone knew everyone, there was no name changes, character changes or anything. If you dirtied your name, your name stayed dirty.

After that I played WoW hardcore for about 9 years straight, raiding hardcore and ending up in some of the top 100 EU guilds as a healer/DPS.

Now I've resigned myself to Xbox as it's easier for me to regulate the time I invest into games, I'm really enjoying SMITE and Overwatch.
Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XIV
Best PS4: Grand Theft Auto V
Best WII: Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games / Mario Kart 8
Best Mobile: Ravensword Shadowlands
Best Indie: Prison Architect/Resogun/Meltdown
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Reply 233
Borderlands, so so so much fun co-op.
Original post by Josb

x

Ugh, the combat in Morrowind is so dire. It's a shame Bethesda couldn't have made a deep game like Morrowind with the much better combat of Skyrim.
Reply 235
Original post by Fango_Jett
Ugh, the combat in Morrowind is so dire. It's a shame Bethesda couldn't have made a deep game like Morrowind with the much better combat of Skyrim.

Yeah, the adaptive difficulty killed Oblivion and I didn't like Skyrim that much.
The Sims 2! I still play that game and I post about it in my tumblr blog. Anyone here plays the sims?
Original post by Josb
Yeah, the adaptive difficulty killed Oblivion and I didn't like Skyrim that much.

The over reliance on quest markers rather than require reading at a 3rd grade level in Skyrim to find out where to go for quests was incredibly annoying. The main plot was pretty dull and uninspiring. I had much more fun just walking around doing all the side quests and DLC (which was actually decent)

Not to even begin on the monotone dungeons that have the exact same puzzles over and over again that you don't even have to think about, since they literally give you the answers.

Though props to Bethesda for improving the combat. Skyrim is hands down the best combat in the series. I tried doing a replay of Oblivion, and it was just painful.
Hate to sound basic and mainstream but for me its got to be GTA 5. Three years on no game comes even close to being as in depth and detailed as that game.
Metroid Prime, or maybe Day of the Tentacle

Quick Reply

Latest