The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

This time last year this thread was blowing up (and in some cases giving people nightmares)...
WJEC anyone? Specifically mathematics
Original post by L33t
They'll come out at one minute past midnight, they'll probably be leaked at two minutes past midnight :biggrin:

Depends if @Absent Agent is around!
Original post by Hey111
Apart from the one marker from the first question and the last question, I thought C3 2016 was quite straightforward. Although, the last question was almost a complete repeat of a question from 2006. Nothing that hard to spot at all if you compare it to June 2013 and June 2015 in my view.

C3 June 2016 was doable if you did enough past papers. 2013 and 2015 singled out a big number of people fairly quickly when it came to their unusual range and domain questions and sneaky trigonometric identities in both papers.

C4 June 2015 was an absolute bloodbath and still shocked people with the grade boundaries. Therefore, I can only assume that with a standard C4 paper set in 2016, they will be merciless.

C2 2016 was unprecedentedly easier than 2015 and I think that will likely have very high grade boundaries.

No I don't agree with C2 having a vet high grade boundary. Higher than last year obviously but the hard questions at the end will have stumped people. I'd say 63 for an A. It could potentially be 65 IF the mark scheme is kinder this year (ie. Giving out method marks galore) but not higher.
Reply 164
Original post by emiloujess
This time last year this thread was blowing up (and in some cases giving people nightmares)...

That's because last years A2's suffered a lot of casualties from abysmal exam questions :frown:
Reply 165
Can someone please establish at what time we would be able to get the grade boundaries for AQA or Edexcel?!
Original post by L33t
That's because last years A2's suffered a lot of casualties from abysmal exam questions :frown:

Nearly all of my exams (AQA Physics A, OCR Chemistry A, OCR non-MEI Further Maths) were quite nice this year.
Original post by L33t

SCLY4 this year though :angry:

Original post by Al_YG
Can someone please establish at what time we would be able to get the grade boundaries for AQA or Edexcel?!

AQA: website says 8am but twitter says 9:30

Edexcel: Anytime on the 17th but for the last 2 years it's been at midnight
Reply 168
Original post by Al_YG

Around midnight for Edexcel. AQA will either be leaked tonight (they are released at 00:01) or available in the morning for all to see I believe :smile:
Original post by Al_YG

Should be midnight (an hour) for Edexcel. I swear someone posted the AQA ones, maybe 9am but it's at some point tomorrow morning.
Reply 170
Original post by marioman
Nearly all of my exams (AQA Physics A, OCR Chemistry A, OCR non-MEI Further Maths) were quite nice this year.

That OCR F324 paper was beautiful wasn't it?
Reply 171
Cheers guys/girls
It's obviously gonna be 9am, please stop being pedantic over these things, they wouldn't release it early midnight 😂😂😂😂
Reply 173
Original post by studentsixth
No I don't agree with C2 having a vet high grade boundary. Higher than last year obviously but the hard questions at the end will have stumped people. I'd say 63 for an A. It could potentially be 65 IF the mark scheme is kinder this year (ie. Giving out method marks galore) but not higher.

You only have to look at the number of private school students who probably most of have understood the last question. They represent at least 10% for academic subjects like A Level Maths, and so being at the top end of the Mark spectrum they will decide who gets the As.
Original post by L33t
That OCR F324 paper was beautiful wasn't it?

Loved it! Fully expecting it to be 50 for an A though... :colonhash:
Reply 175
Original post by OddFuturez
It's obviously gonna be 9am, please stop being pedantic over these things, they wouldn't release it early midnight 😂😂😂😂

That's obviously plain wrong edexcel will be midnight based off the last 2 years and the rest may or may not be leaked? So no one really knows now do they?
Reply 176
Original post by marioman
Loved it! Fully expecting it to be 50 for an A though... :colonhash:

Probably :/ when do OCRs get released does anyone know? I haven't heard anything about them yet :frown:
Original post by L33t
Probably :/ when do OCRs get released does anyone know? I haven't heard anything about them yet :frown:

By 08:00 (at the latest) according to the Twitter feed.
Oh yeah, AQA saying on twitter they won't release until 9:30am.

For God SAKE AQA WHY DO THIS.
Reply 179
Anything released for Edexcel Maths and OCR A Chemistry ?

Quick Reply

Latest