The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS and A-Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics grade boundaries

Here's the pdf: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf

Attatched are the pictures for AS and A-Level Mathemtics and Further Mathematics.

Discuss:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yay I probably got a B for FP1 ^_^
Reply 2
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Yay I probably got a B for FP1 ^_^

Was you expecting it to be 60 for an A? I didn't sit the paper so I wouldn't know. Was it difficult?
Original post by edothero
Was you expecting it to be 60 for an A? I didn't sit the paper so I wouldn't know. Was it difficult?

Nah it was a fairly standard paper. I just lost 8 marks on a question because I found the argument of the wrong line, messed up an easy argand diagram. I might have gotten the A if I just read the question correctly.
Hello darkness my old friend...
I didn't do Edexcel but I've heard C3 was pretty bad? Are the marks fair in your opinion?
Reply 6
C1 - A
C2 - A
D1 - C/D
Hopefully an A in maths

Fp1 - C but close to B
M1 - just an A
D2 - B

Hopefully a B in Fmaths
I don't want to speculate this early, but I thought I had full on flopped my exams and touch wood that I haven't. The exams were indubitably more difficult - or maybe it's just hit me how big the step up to A level is and that you have to work bloody hard. Let's not talk about AS physics though, that was hell..

A maths, B fmaths. Preparing for B in maths and C in further just in case.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I'm 1 mark off of an A* in maths.

I predicted C4 and S2 correctly. I'm Surprised c3 is so low, but I'm not complaining and C4 looks about right.

D1 is surprisingly low, FP1 is also lower than I thought it would be.
Reply 8
I'm just sitting here laughing at how before today I thought there was a chance of me getting in my first choice uni 😂
Reply 9
Original post by NotNotBatman

I predicted C4 and S2 correctly. I'm Surprised c3 is so low, but I'm not complaining and C4 looks about right.

D1 was my worst one - near 40 marks but that was due to lack of work and I accept that. Idk I found FP1 brutal for some reason, I guess it was like a shock to the system and I've got like 50 marks in it so definitely need to resit it.
Reply 10
So happy for S1.. the exam was an abomination and hopefully might be able to scrape an A now. Kinda surprised C1 is at 61 tho.. Expected lower :/
Reply 11
Original post by RDKGames
I didn't do Edexcel but I've heard C3 was pretty bad? Are the marks fair in your opinion?

I sat C3 and in my opinion it was of a similar standard to last years paper. Some tricky trig but the rest was okay. I thought it would be higher tbh because one of the questions was practically a duplicate of a question set a decade ago. Also drawing an inverse trig graph caught loads of people in my SF out.

I feel the grade boundaries were very fair if not slightly generous.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
LOL I got 72/75 in FP3, 65/75 in FP2 and 64/75 in S2.

Thought the grade boundaries for FP2 would be around 66-65 for an A*, and that 72/75 would land me a solid 95 UMS for FP3.

Apparently not lmao. RIP my Further Maths A*

gg brb gonna kill myself

On the bright side, I averaged 99 UMS between C3 and C4.. (100 and 98 respectively)
(edited 7 years ago)

Thought the grade boundaries for FP2 would be around 66-65 for an A*, and that 72/75 would land me a solid 95 UMS for FP3.

gg brb gonna kill myself

On the bright side, I averaged 99 UMS between C3 and C4.. (100 and 98 respectively)

Still there some outstanding marks mate, well done

gg brb gonna kill myself

I'm surprised by how high FP2 is too, and the less said about FP3 the better. Good luck for tomorrow 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Also, why aren't the raw marks shown for 100UMS?
Reply 15
Original post by TrueDAN
Still there some outstanding marks mate, well done

Cheers bro, good luck to you.

Original post by somevirtualguy
I'm surprised by how high FP2 is too, and the less said about FP3 the better. Good luck for tomorrow 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Also, why aren't the raw marks shown for 100UMS?

No idea, use the Edexcel mark converter, they've updated it to include 2016 results. Or you can tell me what modules you wanna find out and I can find out for you now

Good luck to yourself too!
M1 and FP2 have much higher boundaries than I thought they would have :eek:

Hoping for 90 in C3 and 100 in C4 for maths, and 96 in D2 and 92 in S3 for further maths. Got 98 in S2 last year so if all goes well I should get A*A* :biggrin:

Good luck to everybody on results day!
Original post by NotNotBatman

That would freaking suck. I would be gutted.

I think I've scraped A* by about 4-5 marks atleast. Gave C34 IAL.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow, the grade boundaries for D1 are quite low, I know not many people finished it but I still thought it was a fair paper, all of the questions had come up before in past papers.

But I'm disappointed about C1 and C2, I thought they would be lower seeing as they were rather difficult but fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
My thoughts (from papers I sat this year):

C1 and C2 grade boundaries reflect the papers well.

C3: Quite low, I thought the paper was fair.

C4: A little high, I would've placed this one at the same marks as C3.

M1: OK.

M2: Quite high, I found this paper tough.

D1: 53 lol. Incredibly low. I thought the paper was OK except that tedious critical path question.

D2: A* boundary is a little high, but otherwise fair.

FP1: Quite low, it was an OK paper.

FP2: Too high giving the shitstorm this paper produced.

FP3: An easy paper, with grade boundaries to reflect. The top grades on this paper may be tough to achieve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending