The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceWhoMusic
This Simon titley? https://gb.linkedin.com/in/simon-titley

If you actually looked you'd see that he works in recruitment and other NON EXAM related areas

Why is the UMS converter showing the same marks then?
Explain
could anyone attach the link for ums converter
Original post by PlayerBB
THEY'RE SO HIGH, I'm legit dead now like 80 for an A* for BOTH chem4 and chem5

Posted from TSR Mobile

You take IAL Chemistry, though - it's 76/79 for us :yep:
when are the result are officially announced
Original post by Ayman!
You take IAL Chemistry, though - it's 76/79 for us :yep:

No, it wasn't IAL
Original post by mercuryman
Why is the UMS converter showing the same marks then?
Explain

Honestly I don't know it's doesn't actually affect me that much. But I just think that it doesn't seem right. Personally as unlikely as it is I've seen a few things that have made me think that the websites been hacked.
Reply 626
I opened the UMS converter on my phone in an iPhone app called numbers - it changed his format so basically showed grade boundaries but they are completely different to the apparent boundaries we've all seen?
Original post by angoranimi
No, it wasn't IAL

I'm aware of the UK boundaries. PlayerBB does IAL, so she was looking at the wrong boundaries.
Still gobsmacked at the fact that last year it was around 116/160 for an A in bio now new spec i only need 86/160:smile:!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Honestly I don't know it's doesn't actually affect me that much. But I just think that it doesn't seem right. Personally as unlikely as it is I've seen a few things that have made me think that the websites been hacked.

To claim it is hacked would be a drastic assumption to make. If someone can hack edexcel what's stopping them from hacking UCAS and leaking everyone's offers/rejections?

Edexcel have underwent colour and logo changes by the looks of it. That's why everything seems different, (a bit obvious since they're opening up for the new alevels/gcses)
am i the only one who did edexcel english lang- child lang + context and identity AND CANT FIND IT ON THE GB?? Mind you english lang has been reformed
Original post by Ayman!
I'm aware of the UK boundaries. PlayerBB does IAL, so she was looking at the wrong boundaries.

Oh ok, well you're lucky!
can we talk about WJEC FN3, where 48/60 raw marks will yield you a C grade.
This Simon titley? https://gb.linkedin.com/in/simon-titley

If you actually looked you'd see that he works in recruitment and other NON EXAM related areas

It says he works in Student Services and that part of his role is 'Improving customer experience by designing and managing initiatives to make complicated and regulated process processes more transparent. This included managing the creation of digital content.'

The UMS calculator probably comes under that sort of thing.

But either way, we will find out tomorrow anyway. No use debating it now.
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Making random guesses about my history AS performance

Doubt if I just scraped an A (which I think I have, if I'm lucky) there's much point in a Cambridge application this October eh :angry: wanting to apply for history...

There'll be people with 99/100 :s-smilie:

Why will there be? What board did you do?
Original post by eddso
I opened the UMS converter on my phone in an iPhone app called numbers - it changed his format so basically showed grade boundaries but they are completely different to the apparent boundaries we've all seen?

Did you scroll right to the bottom on the 'Raw' tab? Because that tab shows all the grade boundaries of all the series since 2001. I looked at the maths boundaries on there (took an age to get to them) and they seemed to be the same as the ones in the grades boundaries document thingy.
http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/LCCI/LCCI-Grade-Boundaries-June-2016.pdf
Other gradboundaries for June 2016 where in the old Design whereas the a level ones are the only ones in that design
Reply 637
OCR A chem grade boundaries -_-
Does it really matter if the grade boundaries are fake? The grades you receive will be the same
This is for old modular OCR Chemsitry, where is the NEW AS Spec OCR Chem grade boundries ?

Quick Reply

Latest