The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Okay.. so the philosophy grade boundaries aren't too bad. One mark down from last year. English lit is quite generous, but we were given horrible texts.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
What does 'notional' mean?

Those are referring to the new two year specifications. :smile:
Original post by Phil_M
Is it OCR Physics A you are talking about?

Yeah! The A* grade boundary for unit 5 is the 2nd highest since june 2010, beaten only by January 2013.

June 10 - 81
Jan 11 - 73
June 11 - 71
Jan 12 - 82
June 12 - 84
Jan 13 - 88
June 13 - 82
June 14 - 77
June 15 - 78
June 16 - 86
Original post by string210
Anyone know how to get the grade boundaries for a2, and non linear as exams!

Click the notional link at the front of this thread for non-linear, and you should find the A2 ones in the other link. :smile:
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
On my browser it says "page not found". Is this because the servers are down?

It must be im assuming there are a lot of people looking right now. Try going directly on to Aqa website if you havent already
Original post by mariarose_
i thought unit 4 grade boundaries would be lower! :frown:
but im happy that unit 3 grade boundaries stayed the same

Me too i think its only like a 1 or 2 mark difference to last year but lets hope for the best:biggrin:
Anyone know when AQA's UMS Converter will be updated?
Where did you find this out !?
I'm... Not going to get a grade for the AS exams I've done? On my results slip there will be no grade letters, only numbers?

I didn't know this.
Original post by kiwifruit99
AQA Physics grade boundaries are so high #killmenow
Truss me it ruined my string of potential As. Think I got closer to a D than a C. Wbu?
I'm... Not going to get a grade for the AS exams I've done? On my results slip there will be no grade letters, only numbers?

I didn't know this.

Me either O.o

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Francesca2298
It must be im assuming there are a lot of people looking right now. Try going directly on to Aqa website if you havent already
Yeah it's better now. Thanks

I didn't know this.

I think you get the grade on the sheet but if you are carrying it on next year you lose it. Because bearing in mind that the AS counts if you are dropping a subject and the exam boards dont know which subject you are dropping so have to put them all on,
is that right ?:smile:
Reply 753
Original post by youreanutter
for further maths fp1 was 60/75 marks for 80ums
how many marks wud u reckon for 90ums?

Likely 67

I didn't know this.

No you will get a grade. Basically there isn't any UMS so your grade will be dictated by the TOTAL raw marks of your exam rather than the UMS.
Original post by askhelpsuccess
and the layout suggests that theres no way the ones published are legit because as and a level are now separate so thy'd get separate pages

The new spec AS grade boundaries are on a diffierent document aren't they? Thought the AS ones on that document were the AS resit ones. If that makes sense.
Original post by money-for-all
This is for old modular OCR Chemsitry, where is the NEW AS Spec OCR Chem grade boundries ?

If you go on the website there is a different PDF for it. Or click on the word 'notional' instead of OCR in th original post.
Original post by carolind
guys quick q .... do UMS stay the same every year or do they change with grade boundaries ? x

80 UMS is always an A, 70 is always a B and so on. What changes is how many raw marks are needed for the same UMS. So the grade boundaries show how many raw marks in this years exam are needed for each grade (so the minimum number of marks needed for a grade B gives 70 UMS). If that makes sense.
OCR English lit and EDEXCEL history grade boundaries are ridiculously high. AQA Philosophy sounds reasonable, but I know I did really badly in the exam so I'd need a miracle to save me.
What do people think about chemistry?? (AQA)

Quick Reply

Latest