The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6600
Original post by xxvine
I heard uni's can take as many students as possible
Like they have an unlimited number

Yeah there isnt an official limit but they cant just take in masses of clearing students - there wouldnt be enough facilities, accommodation etc. So unis will set their own limits on how many clearing places they have.
Original post by Cadherin
Well, PHYA4 and PHA5A are exactly as I predicted with 120 UMS being 65/75.

CHEM4 is two marks higher, CHEM5 is two marks higher.
The ISA boundaries are disgusting...

i didn't do chemistry or ISAs so i didn't realise, sorry :/ i'm on about physics, maths, further maths and german which are all really quite nice
Any AQA Computer Science students? 100/150 is reasonable
Edexcel chemistry grade boundaries make me wanna kill myself, I really don't wanna know out what I got xD
u can find the mark schemes on bilal ahmed blog its the first link and then choose which exam u are giving
Original post by medstudent1010
Thanks but those are the grade boundaries and I'm looking for the edexcel markschemes :smile:
Original post by xxvine
I see
I'm looking at SOAS for clearing law. They say they have limited spaces on their website and their lines open from 7am tomorrow
I get my results at 11 so I'm scared the places will fill up

That is quite late - are there no options to allow you to collect earlier?

Places wont fill up that quickly though - noone can officially refer themselves on Track until 3pm. Until that point no clearing place is official.
Me after opening my results: Well there goes my future at university...
Have any mark schemes leaked yet?
Reply 6608
Original post by xxvine
I see
I'm looking at SOAS for clearing law. They say they have limited spaces on their website and their lines open from 7am tomorrow
I get my results at 11 so I'm scared the places will fill up

Nobody can actually add a clearing place til 3pm so although lines open earlier people will be getting multiple offers at this point and not all of them will choose SOAS

If you have the grades then call them, there is no way to know how kany other people are calling or exactly how many spaces there are but if you call before 3pm you probably have a good chance
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pijktmyha
Universities can't have unlimited spaces. They haven't got the funding or the facilities for an unlimited number of people.

There used to be a governmental cap on the number of students a Uni can take. That has been lifted this year. So in theory they can take an unlimited number. Obviously logistically they can't due to funding, accommodation etc etc, but most Unis are expanding.
Original post by nihil_nimis
Edexcel just uploaded there new UMS convertor, which corresponds to the grade boundaries in the links posted , so I CAN CONFIRM THEY ARE LEGIT

Link please ?
Someone leak OCR/AQA Examiner Reports 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milutin767
Someone leak OCR/AQA Examiner Reports 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seconded!
24 hours to go and I'll be walking to school as my friend can't give me a lift :'( First time walking since June as he always gives me lifts.
What time are people collecting their results from their sixth form/college? Mine isn't opening till 10 which I think is way late?
Original post by Cadherin
Seconded!

Thirded(?!?)
Original post by empressbethie
Have any mark schemes leaked yet?

the edexcel mark schemes were leaked 1 month ago but I dont know about the rest
Original post by JMACM98
What time are people collecting their results from their sixth form/college? Mine isn't opening till 10 which I think is way late?

AS students at our school collect from 10.30-12.00

A2 students at our school collect from 8.00-10.00
My friend says his school just emailed them their results.

Wtf i swear that's illegal
anyone have the links to the aqa mark scheme pls?

Quick Reply

Latest