The Student Room Group

OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemari1
they do give error carried forward marks, I will get them I think, now I've seen some mark schemes

Hey! thats good then
So what do we reckon guys? 43 for an A??
Original post by Cadherin

Let's hope!
Anybody do OCR chemistry, AQA physics or OCR MEI Further Maths? Predictions for A* grade boundaries/full ums? My Predictions:F324 A*: 54/60F325 A*: 85/100PHYA4 A*: 59/75PHYA5 A*: 60/75DE full ums: 72/72FP1 full ums: 70/72FP2 full ums: 70/72??M2 full ums: 70/72S2 full ums: 72/72S3 full ums: 72/72
Reply 304
OMG Grade boundaries have just been released and I can't believe what I'm seeing ;( http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/322747-as-a-level-grade-boundaries-june-2016.pdfI it should have been 48 for an A, not for a C.EDIT: Wrong link. Try this one: http://www.ocr.org.uk/ocr-for/exams-officers/stage-4-results/results-statistics/
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 305
Original post by Cadherin

Unfortunately it's 43 but for a D! This is absolutely unbelievable. I hate MEI ;(
Original post by Mii11
Unfortunately it's 43 but for a D! This is absolutely unbelievable. I hate MEI ;(

The ******s, how does a boundary of 82% for an A justify a paper that difficult... But I'm not too cross with MEI as C3, C4, FP2, FP3, S3 and S4 are lovely.
wtf..... i was expecting a LOT lower boundaries.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
wtf..... i was expecting a LOT lower boundaries.

Yeah, I was expecting minimum 10 marks lower haha
Got 100 ;p
Got a U (38) on this and had an E (43) last year, despite getting 100 in C4, S4 and FP2...

FP1 just really doesn't agree with me!!
I got 43/72 and should be at least a C! That was the hardest FP1 paper ever, even harder than the January 2013 paper (48 for an A). Bull. I'm in year 12 and resitting it next year.
Original post by Adam_AFC
I got 43/72 and should be at least a C! That was the hardest FP1 paper ever, even harder than the January 2013 paper (48 for an A). Bull. I'm in year 12 and resitting it next year.

Don't worry. I got a U in FP1 last year (Year 12). I retook it this year and got 98. next year you'll kick yourself as to how easy FP1 is when you've done FP2.
Reply 313
Lol After all I got 88, which is not that bad considering how difficult the paper was.
Reply 314
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Got 100 ;p

You are a genius! :smile: Congratulations
I got a ****ing E after doing all of the past papers possible.
Resitting it next year I guess..
I know this is an old thread, but I just did this paper as a mock and I really didn't get one of the questions.
I believe it was question (7)(iv):
"Write down the roots of the equation f(w/j)."
There was no reference to any equation involving w in the rest of section B. I just wanted to check what it was actually looking for.

Thanks!
Original post by Don John
OCR MEI FP1 Thread - AM 20th May 2016

I didn't see any other 2016 threads for this module, please let me know if one is already established!

Timetable (skip to page 9)

---

Also, I've written an Enhanced Examination Paper for this module, specifically including MEI questions to help you all :smile:

It is meant to be a significantly more challenging examination of general concepts specified by different boards. It is fully doable for students with knowledge of standard FP1, C1, and C2 material.

Being able to make a good start on all of the questions is a good indicator that you are on track to a strong A in this module.

https://www.furthermathstutor.co.uk/fp1_enhanced.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions on the paper.

I know this is a really old thread but I did this paper as a mock. Could anyone PLEASE help me with that last question, if you even remember it. As far as I remember it was:

45/(39*41*43) + 46/(40*42*44) + 47/(41*43*45) + ... + 105/(99*101*103)
with NO formula whatsoever.

The reason I can't do it is because I've only been taught how to do method of differences when there is a given formula, but what I wrote above was the entire question.
I get my mock back tomorrow before it gets marked, so I still have a chance to do it right. I asked my friends who sat this paper as well as the TSR Maths forum and everyone said it can't be done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending