The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Not really sure what to make of the grade boundaries, I just wanted HIS3M to be lower :frown:
Reply 801
Original post by medstudent1010
All of the edexcel markschemes have already been released/leaked ...

You can't say that and not tell us where to get it...
Results plus direct says results will be released at 9.am
Is it british time?(BST)
Reply 803
Original post by DocB

http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html
Can anyone tell me if they've found AQA EPQ grade boundaries? Or do they not get released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DocB

I'm 90% certain people arent allowed to post links/upload them anymore due to copyright claims :frown: I think Arsey had one hell of a time when he tried to upload the edexcel unofficial maths markschemes this year.
AQA maths looks blissful, 59 on C3 for 100 UMS is yummy.
Can't say I'm too unhappy with the Core 3 boundaries for AQA. I'm still annoyed it was so difficult because I now probably won't get an A* in it, but 53 for an A* is reasonable.
Original post by rosemondtan
Precisely! Now I'm not sure if I should be relieved or worried sick, because that probably means I didn't do as well as I thought I did :s-smilie:

I thought the paper was smooth sailing, initially I was aiming for 80% to secure an A and I felt pretty confident. I'm predicting a terribly rigid mark-scheme. Damn AQA
Oh if you haven't already checked AQA have released the grade boundaries! Personally it didn't work on my laptop but weirdly it opened on my phone.
Here is the link since it hasn't been added yet:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF
Anybody got any ccea grade boundaries?
Economics isn't looking too shabby, but I fail to see any boundaries for Geography.
We're the last year to do the old specification; that is probably why.
Original post by Aimee.D
I thought the paper was smooth sailing, initially I was aiming for 80% to secure an A and I felt pretty confident. I'm predicting a terribly rigid mark-scheme. Damn AQA

That was exactly what I was feeling! Ugh, we'll just have to see now. Here's to a dreadful 24 hours to go. What other subjects did you sit for?
Reply 813
Original post by rosemondtan
Whoa why are the AQA AS bio and chem grade boundaries so Low or am I calculating something wrongly

i'm so surprised! chem was always 80% for an A no matter how difficult and although that exam was very difficult, i didn't think they would drop all the way to 60%....
Original post by haes
i'm so surprised! chem was always 80% for an A no matter how difficult and although that exam was very difficult, i didn't think they would drop all the way to 60%....

I know!! 64% is definitely not what I expected, so I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I felt great after the papers but now that I've seen this.....goodbye confidence
Original post by marioman
I can't believe M2 has the same boundary for an A as M1, even though there were seemingly no complaints about the latter.

I know everyone in my school found m2 extremely difficult
Reply 817
How have the grade boundaries for AQA FP3 gone up by two marks from last years when this year was more difficult?
Where can i find the OCR maths grade boundaries? Could you attach a link plz?
(edited 7 years ago)
What could the indication be when the grade boundaries for an exam are suspiciously and unusually low? For example Edexcel Geography Unit 4 and AQA Bio Unit 5. These are simply off. Does it mean that we've all collectively flunked them given that grade boundaries are set according to the cohort's performance?

Quick Reply

Latest