The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I made it into university with AQA keeping the grade boundaries so high for CHEM4. I am lost :'( My firm is King's for Biomedical Sciences which require AAB and I highly doubt I got in there. My insurance is Westminster Uni but they want BBC and I think I got BCC... Do you think I will still be accepted onto second choice because I am so worried now? 😢😢
So I checked the grade boundaries for my subjects and I've got a REALLY good feeling about tomorrow!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DonPedroK.
@C0balt I'm sorry, but how in the diddly dong doo are the grade boundaries for unit 4 and 5 chem the same... >.> <.< O.O

LOL yeah I feel you
If you ended up with grades in the range of ABB - ABC when your firm wants A*AA, would you retake or would you settle for your insurance, because these grades, which quite a few unis would accept, aren't terrible enough to warrant retaking?

Or if they accepted you because they're being lenient due to your extenuating circumstances, would you want to go in with grades in the range of ABB - ABC, knowing that everyone else there achieved much higher grades?

If you ended up with AAC/D/E and your firm still accepted you, would you defer for a year and retake the one A level?

No idea what to do...
Got a good feeling about tomorrow except for Law. The grade boundaries are highest for the exam everyone apparently messed up on 😥
Original post by 89911998a
If you ended up with grades in the range of ABB - ABC when your firm wants A*AA, would you retake or would you settle for your insurance, because these grades, which quite a few unis would accept, aren't terrible enough to warrant retaking?

No idea what to do...

Retake & Reapply. Those unis want those grades for a reason...
Reply 6687
My grade boundries look good but that's made me even more worried that I guessed wrong.
Dont know how physics AS is so high....Everyone said it was much difficult that last year and gb are 10 more than last year....makes no sense.
Prepared to fail and cry
Reply 6690
Ive just checked the grade boundaries but they have no significance. Besides I havent prepared for all the scenarios including the clearing option. I'm gonna gather some good and slightly good unis.

Im just hoping for adjustment to be available for me.
im sorry but can someone please explain how the chemistry unit 4 grade boundaries for edexcel are so high?
Reply 6692

Or if they accepted you because they're being lenient due to your extenuating circumstances, would you want to go in with grades in the range of ABB - ABC, knowing that everyone else there achieved much higher grades?

If you ended up with AAC/D/E and your firm still accepted you, would you defer for a year and retake the one A level?

No idea what to do...

If I got into a uni I like, Im going straight away. Id just have to work harder if I got grades other than the expected.
Grade boundaries higher for economics and History. Still confident for history but a bit knocked for econ/geog. I just hope my pessimism about subjective marking isn't accurate ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6694
Is everyone collecting results first or checking track?😂
Original post by moonandstars
Will it definitely be 8am at the earliest for track to open? I'm hearing a lot of conflicting stuff some people are saying from 6.30am and I remember when I got into uni first time round (this is my 2nd degree) it was earlier than 8am

UCAS wont make track live until their phone lines are staffed.

Their phone lines open at 7:30am tomorrow morning (https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us )
Original post by ryanroks1
Looking through possible Clearing options and just feeling no connections with any of the unis - even though this time tomorrow, I'll be frantically calling some of them :frown:

:frown:

You don't have to go to university straight away....or decide on a clearing option straight away either. It is perfectly ok to ask a university to hold your offers until Monday and use your weekend to try to visit (a lot of universities run clearing visit days over the weekend after results).

And if you're still not feeling it then there's no rule saying you can't take another year to rethink, retake, reapply or find a completely different option.

No idea what to do...

I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though
Where have the Edexcel boundaries gone please
When you take a gap year and don't have the privilege of checking track.....I am so done..

Quick Reply

Latest