The Student Room Group

From School To University

Do you have to go to sixth form to be able to get into University? Or can you go straight from year 11? I'm just about to start year 10 and really want to go to University to study History Of Arts so I'm not entirely sure what to expect when deciding what to do after year 11.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KiraCleo02
Do you have to go to sixth form to be able to get into University? Or can you go straight from year 11? I'm just about to start year 10 and really want to go to University to study History Of Arts so I'm not entirely sure what to expect when deciding what to do after year 11.

No of course not! You can go to a normal college (where they do BTEC, CACHE course and more! But it's more vocational based. :smile: ) OR you have the option of doing an Apprenticeship (message if you wanna know more). If you like exams/can cope with it then you can go to Sixth Form, if not then you can head to College. It's best to keep your options open and PLEASE, work/try hard at School. It'll benefit you when it comes to applying for Uni as some Unis can be quite demanding when it comes to grades etc.

Hope I helped. :smile:
Well you need A-levels or equivalent to go, which people tend to do after their GCSE's at sixth form/college. No need to rush, explore your subjects and prepare the best you can :smile:
Original post by KiraCleo02

You can't just go straight from year 11 to university - you need to get more qualifications, generally either A levels or BTECs, in order to be accepted by universities. You don't have to go to a sixth form to get the necessary qualifications (you could choose to go a college instead, which is separate from a school), but you can't go to university before you've gone to sixth form, college etc.
Reply 4
Well, Lord Kelvin attended university at aged ten, but you ain't a genius like he is.
:hand:

Quick Reply

Latest