The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingLAWZA
Computer Science, i've wanted to read up on it throughout the summer but the thought of not getting to Uni has just made me avoid it as it seems pointless

Ohhh for computer science then Swansea is an amazing backup choice - they hit WELL above their weight for employment post degree, have work placement options available and a foundation year if things go horribly wrong, their students rate them really highly, they're pretty good at offering accommodation to clearing intakes, the campus is lovely with some awesome new developments, lovely old buildings and the closest beach to any university campus in the UK (have a look http://www.swansea.ac.uk/virtual-tour-stand-alone/ ).
Can someone help me in explaining the protocol when it comes to taking up an AS this year? Basically, I want to take up an AS and an EPQ but I'm not too sure how. Should it be from my school or privately etc?
Please!! Could someone post the grade boundaries? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!
Original post by sophieo128
Is it just me that's fuming about CHEM4 aqa boundaries?!

Could be worse - 90/100 for full UMS is lowest ever by two marks. CHEM5 is scarier with 94/100 for full UMS ngl.
Original post by BB8
Nobody can actually add a clearing place til 3pm so although lines open earlier people will be getting multiple offers at this point and not all of them will choose SOAS

If you have the grades then call them, there is no way to know how kany other people are calling or exactly how many spaces there are but if you call before 3pm you probably have a good chance

Oh okay
Was worried there
Thought all the places could be finished especially since I don't get my results till 11
Original post by nadaezraturner
Please!! Could someone post the grade boundaries? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!

There's a sticky thread at the top of the A-levels forum called "grade boundaries" with links to em all in the first post
Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
I think PSYA4 is decent - 61 for an A* which I am DESPERATE for, or at least an A (that's the only Psychology result I need, as I took PSYA3 last year - this year is a retake for PSYA4). But I mean, the annoying thing about AQA Psychology is you think you've done well but their making is sooo harsh :frown:

So true 😥 I'll feel really disappointed if I don't get the A* because my teachers had so much (too much) confidence in me. I feel like I've let people down haha
Any examiner reports out yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lularose83
So true 😥 I'll feel really disappointed if I don't get the A* because my teachers had so much (too much) confidence in me. I feel like I've let people down haha

I had that last year! :frown: I was always getting really high marks in practise essays and mock exams, etc. but low and behold, the one time it mattered, I ended up with a B overall. Hopefully will have done much better this year! Don't worry too much about other people's expectations though, you won't let anyone down - worry about you, how hard you worked and how proud you can feel regardless! :biggrin:
Original post by PQ
Ohhh for computer science then Swansea is an amazing backup choice - they hit WELL above their weight for employment post degree, have work placement options available and a foundation year if things go horribly wrong, their students rate them really highly, they're pretty good at offering accommodation to clearing intakes, the campus is lovely with some awesome new developments, lovely old buildings and the closest beach to any university campus in the UK (have a look http://www.swansea.ac.uk/virtual-tour-stand-alone/ ).

They accepted me when I put them as one of my 5 choices but sadly when I visited the environment and campus didn't give me that feeling I needed for 3/4 years sadly.
Original post by moeshaaodonkorr
I had that last year! :frown: I was always getting really high marks in practise essays and mock exams, etc. but low and behold, the one time it mattered, I ended up with a B overall. Hopefully will have done much better this year! Don't worry too much about other people's expectations though, you won't let anyone down - worry about you, how hard you worked and how proud you can feel regardless! :biggrin:

I'm sure you've done really well 😊 The grade boundaries aren't great, but I hope we've done enough! I'm going to avoid my psych teacher tomorrow though 😂
Original post by 420memeception69
Anyone else *****ing aqa Chemistry unit 4? 76/100 for an A FML!!

also the chem6 empa has 3 mark grade boundaries :'(

Yeah I am very surprised. I personally found it okay, but the uproar about it made me think the grade boundaries would be rock bottom. But examiners are weird.
Reply 6732
Just a head up guys but our centres now have access to our grades... Printing them off as we speak 😩
Original post by Lularose83
I'm sure you've done really well 😊 The grade boundaries aren't great, but I hope we've done enough! I'm going to avoid my psych teacher tomorrow though 😂

You too ahahah, good luck to us! :smile:
Original post by NHM
Just a head up guys but our centres now have access to our grades... Printing them off as we speak 😩

On the Edexcel website why doesnt the link to 2016 grade boundaries open? Can anyone send me the link thanks!
Did anyone do AQA AS chemistry retakes? The grade boundaries are ridiculously low considering that everyone who did the exam was an A2 student
Reply 6737
Original post by Jaz203
Did anyone do AQA AS chemistry retakes? The grade boundaries are ridiculously low considering that everyone who did the exam was an A2 student

They have used the same boundaries as for the new spec that's why which imo is so wrong...
Original post by NHM

Oh Dear :frown:
How have the last three months gone by so fast and slow at the same time ?!
All I keep doing is looking at this forum then looking at my watch...
And looking at this forum and then looking at my watch.
It's agonising.

Quick Reply

Latest