The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

So I'm a bit confused, for reformed AS level i.e. physics and chemistry will there not be UMS marks on our results slip?
Original post by jackf9283
how did you manage to view the a2 edexcel grade boundaries?

I wasn't looooool, I was saying thanks for letting me know that it was somewhere in the OP. I'm still confused as hell 😂😂😂😂
Original post by Pentaquark
AQA boundaries are nice af
Like chemistry my god. They are low.
If only there was UMS :angry:

Whaaaat aqa chem4 is 76/100 for an A! I was expecting 72≈
Original post by 420memeception69
Whaaaat aqa chem4 is 76/100 for an A! I was expecting 72≈

He's talking about the new AS.

CHEM4 isn't too bad, 90/100 UMS cap is lowest ever. CHEM5 is a bit nasty, but I sort of expected that tbh.
The Edexcel AS Maths grade boundaries 😂😭😭😭😭 I've not done well
Reply 905
Original post by MoonVirgo
I'm very worried though that we've collectively mucked up that paper, cos it (the 67/100 CAP mark) is the lowest out of all years', also it's 5 UMS lower than the second lowest (which is 72/100 that has stayed the same for the past 3 years). This is creepy...

That's weird, I came out of that exam thinking it went really well and that grade boundaries would be high. I mean it's good they're low I suppose but it does make you wonder if we all mucked up the essay or something
Original post by angoranimi
Only ray of hope are the AQA Biology unit 5 boundaries, 67/100 is the CAP mark

I don't get why the Unit 5 boundaries are so low :redface: The essay question I did (Importance of Ions) was absolutely beautiful!
Original post by minjinoor
omg maths?!?! wtf 87% for an A in edexcel C4...
and chemistry?? AQA chem 2 is 71/100 for an A, last year 85/100... where is the justice??????

I got 140 in CHEM2 last year, but I know people who are resitting and 71/100 is an unbelievably low grade boundary.
Original post by AshEntropy
I don't get why the Unit 5 boundaries are so low :redface: The essay question I did (Importance of Ions) was absolutely beautiful!

Questions leading up to it were rather difficult, I seem to remember.
Original post by askhelpsuccess
i cant work out if thats good or bad like 30s for an A? is that good?

Exactly! It's not like the sciences or maths where I can be certain, history is really confusing.

Looks like we'll just have to wait and see :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MoonVirgo
I'm very worried though that we've collectively mucked up that paper, cos it (the 67/100 CAP mark) is the lowest out of all years', also it's 5 UMS lower than the second lowest (which is 72/100 that has stayed the same for the past 3 years). This is creepy...

..........sh*t
Reply 912
Original post by AfcFob

Keep the faith!
Where is the edexcel as maths gb?? The link on the first post doesn't work for me?!?
Original post by AfcFob

Where did you find them?
Original post by JMate
That's weird, I came out of that exam thinking it went really well and that grade boundaries would be high. I mean it's good they're low I suppose but it does make you wonder if we all mucked up the essay or something

I feel the same. It was a standard paper with a really lovely essay question. Nearly everyone on the exam discussion thread of this exam agreed the boundaries would stay the same as the past 3 years if not even higher. This is really very surprising and worrying. I wonder what has gone wrong...
Original post by AshEntropy

Exactly. I'm very concerned.
Original post by joddcfc
Where did you find them?

can you link them or post what they are pls
Original post by Cadherin
I got 140 in CHEM2 last year, but I know people who are resitting and 71/100 is an unbelievably low grade boundary.

i didn't resit it but i got 84 marks last year so you can imagine my disappointment because it's 1 MARK OFF... for this year's A2 resit to get an A for 71 marks is beyond unfair, especially while the other units are high...

as for maths, are you joking? 86% for M1 and 75% for S1! but S1 was wayyyy easier than M1 wtf are they on??? (i did both)
could someone pls help me out
if i got an E on one paper and a B on another, what are the chances of me passing

Quick Reply

Latest