The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ImagineCats
"Dear Miss X, hope this isn't inappropriate but PLS TELL ME MY GRADE I AM DESPERATE
Love u
x"
That'll do :colone:

Lol, I was actually thinking of send that to my teacher!!! (How desperate I am)

Plus Love you and I'll return the favor, buy you some food or clothes maybe :colondollar:
Original post by Lularose83
What song sums up how you feel about tomorrow?

[video="youtube;9RBzsjga73s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RBzsjga73s[/video]
What song sums up how you feel about tomorrow?

Stressed out by twenty one pilots.... My life right now..
Original post by PQ
[video="youtube;9RBzsjga73s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RBzsjga73s[/video]

That's my favourite song at the moment, had it on repeat for like a week :colondollar::laugh::laugh:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
That's my favourite song at the moment, had it on repeat for like a week :colondollar::laugh::laugh:

I saw her live at Latitude - brilliant :yes:
For me it's the Cinematic orchestra- to build a home. Because all I feel is sadness lol
For me it's the Cinematic orchestra- to build a home. Because all I feel is sadness lol

oh no

Don't make me bring out the cute kitten pictures
Knowing our schools have our grades... I'm shaking so much

I didn't realise that until now......
Posted from TSR Mobile
In my sister's year 2 years ago someone tweeted their uni asking if they got in and the uni said yeah but on track it said no lol peak

SAVAGE
Reply 6769
"Dear Miss X, hope this isn't inappropriate but PLS TELL ME MY GRADE I AM DESPERATE
Love u
x"
That'll do :colone:

Should've signed off "your favourite student and biggest fan" :tongue:
Original post by DonPedroK.
I don't understand why you would check results first though? Because if you think about it, your uni could still accept you even if you didn't meet their conditions, but if you were to check your grades first, you would just think you'd not made it even if you did >.>

So I am definitely checking track first!

Yeahh Good point!

The thing is, it's all about getting into uni, it's just out of curiosity that I want to check my grades hoping my predictions don't fall in place lol but my results are on 6 am so yeah I don't know if I'll keep the envelope closed till I open track.
Original post by PQ
oh no

Don't make me bring out the cute kitten pictures

Sadly I don't even think a real cute kitten would help😥
Original post by mgill17
I'm literally going to be an example of that paragraph if I do get accepted by my firm.

I think if you have extenuating circumstances 'on your side' (I use that lightly because obviously it's better for practically anyone if those circumstances don't come to play in the first place) and your uni still take you then clearly they think you are worth their time. And you also don't know for 100% fact if everyone else is higher achieving than you. Personally, if you think you could've got the grades minus circumstances, or you know you've worked the hardest you possibly could, then why don't you deserve that place? If you think you deserve it then go..but be willing to work hard in your first year if you do feel like everyone else there is going to be higher achieving.

Also, I'm pretty certain even if they take you that you can resit a subject whilst attending uni, but it'd be as a private candidate and you'd have to organise a centre to do that at yourself...someone would have to clarify that for you though

Your last paragraph: You can, but someone I spoke to on here (TSR) said that you risk taking away so much time from your first year work that it affects the latter's performance and it becomes not worth it. If it's just one exam you've done horrendously in, then I suppose you could do it.

I'm concerned because a C or two could affect my chances of entry into graduate programmes after uni; I also wouldn't want it to crop up as a point of discussion/concern in job interviews later on. I might ask to defer if that's the case.

You definitely can get worse combinations, in my opinion, than AAC/D e.g. BBB/BBC - you'd have missed your requirements by 3/4 grades and may have to retake all your A levels.

What are your firm entry requirements, by the way?
For some reason today I'm finding every single one of my usual hobbies incredibly boring :lol:
Reply 6774
Same :frown:
Sadly I don't even think a real cute kitten would help😥
Going to have a nice pamper session now to calm my nerves...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't looked at the Grade Boundaries yet and I am so proud... I swore to myself that I wouldn't, and there is no temptation at all! :rofl: :dancing2:
So I'm A2, I took Music, Spanish, English Language and Music, Ethics&Philosophy at AS only, I will be going to University of Hull to study Music and Theatre. To get in I only needed my grade 8 singing which I passed with Merit so I've already got a place there but I'd like to get BBCC. Would love to get more but I'm dubious. Exams went okay. At GCSE and AS I'd often run out of things to say in the essay papers and would have at least 5 mins to spare but I wrote right up to the end this time. Obviously because I already have a place, I'm not overly nervous but I really want these grades otherwise not only will I feel embarrassed but my dad will kill me. Additionally I want to try my luck at a scholarship. :smile:
if your firm rejects you, is it possible to contact them and change their minds to accept you? I really don't think my grades are going to reflect my potential and i've never wanted something as bad as i want to do this course!
So I'm A2, I took Music, Spanish, English Language and Music, Ethics&Philosophy at AS only, I will be going to University of Hull to study Music and Theatre. To get in I only needed my grade 8 singing which I passed with Merit so I've already got a place there but I'd like to get BBCC. Would love to get more but I'm dubious. Exams went okay. At GCSE and AS I'd often run out of things to say in the essay papers and would have at least 5 mins to spare but I wrote right up to the end this time. Obviously because I already have a place, I'm not overly nervous but I really want these grades otherwise not only will I feel embarrassed but my dad will kill me. Additionally I want to try my luck at a scholarship. :smile:

Quick Reply