The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dawideksoltysik
Could you send it to me?

I could send you the link, but whoever put the papers up has taken them down :tongue:. The only AQA 2016 papers I have on hand are C1, C3, M1, D1, D2, FP1 and FP3.
If you don't make your grades and want to phone up your first choice university, do you contact general undergraduate admissions, or do you phone up your subject department directly? Thanks
What the hell just happened? Anyway, here is the one-hour-old thread.
Original post by Dapperblook22
I could send you the link, but whoever put the papers up has taken them down :tongue:. The only AQA 2016 papers I have on hand are C1, C3, M1, D1, D2, FP1 and FP3.

Please could you send me the link, I just need to do something
If you don't make your grades and want to phone up your first choice university, do you contact general undergraduate admissions, or do you phone up your subject department directly? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Alexoso
Just got an email from Lincoln saying your journey is about to begin, don't tease me like this lads have some respect.

I'd love an email like that from my firm.
Original post by kingLAWZA
I'm really into anything with a decent reputation but as long as I get that feel when I visit then I know it's right lolI'm interested in pretty much all of those you sent me, and from my research before my initial application but considering my grades (lets say BCC at a worst case scenario) I doubt many will be achievable?Looking at the website for southampton, it states the grade but would you recommend calling if you are slightly off or wait until they lower it if they wish for universities in general?

I was also interested in A&F as well as Economics prior so would those be easier tto access? (Sorry i'm spamming i'm at work at the moment)

It's worth a phone call - I'd recommend getting a dead cert or two offers before ringing the riskier ones but universities like Sussex, Essex, Reading are excellent universities that for some reason just don't have the clout/attraction of the bigger russell groups.
There was also Aston, Glasgow and Goldsmiths if you're up for a slightly bigger city.

I don't know as much about A&F but unlike compsci they're less restricted by lab space for teaching capacity so there's even more chance of a place if a university is looking to fill up
Original post by jenny01
Say if you did better than you expected, do you have to sign up to adjustment or can you just start to call the unis up?

There's a button appears on Track if you get accepted onto your firm. If you hit it then you're in adjustment and can contact other universities....if you either don't call or don't take up a place elsewhere then it times out after 5 days
Original post by patricio_miguel
What does UCAS say if you get into your insurance but NOT your firm?

Does it say "Congratulations! Your place at (insurance) has been confirmed"?

^ that would annoy me lol

It does congratulate you - UCAS consider any place a good place
Original post by lottie.13
If you don't make your grades and want to phone up your first choice university, do you contact general undergraduate admissions, or do you phone up your subject department directly? Thanks

see
Original post by PQ
Check their website for a clearing/confirmation hotline number - that's the number where all the staff will be (other phone lines are likely to be sent straight to voicemail or not answer or redirect to the hotline).
The only exception to this is if your university have an "offer holders" or "confirmation" webpage or sent you an email or portal (if they have an applicant portal) message with a different number

Original post by Absent Agent
What the hell just happened? Anyway, here is the one-hour-old thread.

Someone sat on the server at TSR towers
Can someone post a link to Edexcel's grade boundaries?(sorry if this has already been asked)
Original post by Optimistsan98
Lmao,, I suggest u avoid tsr at all costs if u don't wanna look at grade boundaries

Ahahaha that is true! IT'S EVERYWHERE! :rofl: but what I have found is the majority of people who are talking about the grade boundaries did subjects such as Maths, Law and Sciences etc. I didn't do any of those, so I think I'm good :smile:
Original post by NickLCFC
Can someone post a link to Edexcel's grade boundaries?(sorry if this has already been asked)

There's a trending post on this a lvel grade boundaries http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4236276

cute kitties for stress relief

Original post by Masterbob
I think Edexcel took down the grade boundaries because the link is not working, did anyone manage to download it?

Is this the one you want?
Original post by QuantumSylar
There's a trending post on this a lvel grade boundaries http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4236276

Thanks, but I really wished I hadn't looked at them now :colonhash:
Original post by whydoidothis?
Grade boundaries are ok, apart from economics. way too high for both papers.

Are you talking about edexcel's papers and if so may I know what the grade boundaries for them are as the link on the website isn't working :frown:
The grade boundaries shattered my confidence. Ridiculously high for Edexcel Chemistry. Looks like I'm probably headed into clearing.
Reply 6878
Does your firm and insurance always consider you for other similar courses if you don't get on your first choice course?
Original post by JPFM
Does your firm and insurance always consider you for other similar courses if you don't get on your first choice course?

It's normal practice (but not every university does it - and what you consider similar isn't always considered to be similar by universities) - but if there's a course you definitely want to be considered for then contact your universities today to let them know.

Quick Reply

Latest