The Student Room Group

Adjustment - Advice NEEDED

Hello

So on the off chance that i exceed my target tommorow (AAA) and want to apply elsewhere (i have a few unis in mind) how would i go about asking them and more importantly making myself appealing to them?
So when i phone them what should i say and what sort of questions should i be prepared for
If anyone who has been through adjustment can give me some advice that would be much appreciated
Original post by 1LawStudent
Hello

So on the off chance that i exceed my target tommorow (AAA) and want to apply elsewhere (i have a few unis in mind) how would i go about asking them and more importantly making myself appealing to them?
So when i phone them what should i say and what sort of questions should i be prepared for
If anyone who has been through adjustment can give me some advice that would be much appreciated

Adjustment is just like clearing.

Hit the button on Track once it appears and then ring up universities you're interested in and explain the course you're interested in, your grades and that you're in adjustment.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4520-Are-you-ready-to-upgrade-Why-now-is-the-time-to-get-ready-to-use-Adjustment-on-A-level-results-day explains more
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Adjustment is just like clearing.

Hit the button on Track once it appears and then ring up universities you're interested in and explain the course you're interested in, your grades and that you're in adjustment.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4520-Are-you-ready-to-upgrade-Why-now-is-the-time-to-get-ready-to-use-Adjustment-on-A-level-results-day explains more

Hi you know like you know what youre talking about; I am hoping to exceed so what are my chances (i know you can say exactly) but at universities like Warwick, Nottingham, KCL etc for Law?
Hi you know like you know what youre talking about; I am hoping to exceed so what are my chances (i know you can say exactly) but at universities like Warwick, Nottingham, KCL etc for Law?

Only they can answer that. Sorry.
Reply 4
Going through adjustment is fine.
They might ask you why you're interested in studying your course at their uni.
Tbh if you meet the requirements then there's very little chance they'll reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by HAnwar
Going through adjustment is fine.
They might ask you why you're interested in studying your course at their uni.
Tbh if you meet the requirements then there's very little chance they'll reject you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, i am more worried about how i would go about starting the conversation as you only really have a few lines to sell yourself over the phone and thats making me anxious
Reply 6
Thanks, i am more worried about how i would go about starting the conversation as you only really have a few lines to sell yourself over the phone and thats making me anxious

Just have something written down and prepared beforehand and try and exaggerate lol
If one place turns you down for whatever reason, don't dwell on it and quickly move on to the next uni as good places will run out quick.
Btw you can call the same uni again and re try, just pray you don't get the same person on the other end of the phone lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll probably be talking to a tenp or a student when you first get through.

Quick Reply