The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reasons

Hello, How and where could I get an application for Compelling Personal Reasons?
Original post by Yxerp
Hello, How and where could I get an application for Compelling Personal Reasons?

You send a covering letter and all relevant evidence to Student Finance England's London address quoting your customer reference number
Reply 2
I would like to inquire further:
1. My financial circumstances, i.e. household income have not changed, but why is my funding decreased a lot?
2. I have three kids, the eldest is going to uni this academic year too, and as a result, my dependant children will decrease to two, but I still need to support him and count as one of my adult dependant.
3. My wife is listed as my adult dependant and her financial circumstance did not change, but why is it that my adult dependant grant reduced?4. Regarding special support grant, before I was only asked to provide a letter from my GP saying I am incapable of working due to illnesses, which I did and it was approved. This time they are asking me to provide any benefit entitlement, which I do not have, because according to DWP I am not entitled because my wife works 24 hours each week. Even I could not work due to medical reasons and I do not have any income, they kept saying that I am not qualified.I hope you could give some answers to the following. I have limited minutes to call your office. Thank you very much.
Original post by Yxerp
1. My financial circumstances, i.e. household income have not changed, but why is my funding decreased a lot?

Are you in your final year?
partly correct but wrong address - there is no london address

The cover letter and evidence needs to be sent to the Darlington address - po box 210

and you can only apply for for compelling personal reasons once per year

Original post by Yxerp
2. I have three kids, the eldest is going to uni this academic year too, and as a result, my dependant children will decrease to two, but I still need to support him and count as one of my adult dependant.
3. My wife is listed as my adult dependant and her financial circumstance did not change, but why is it that my adult dependant grant reduced?4. Regarding special support grant, before I was only asked to provide a letter from my GP saying I am incapable of working due to illnesses, which I did and it was approved. This time they are asking me to provide any benefit entitlement, which I do not have, because according to DWP I am not entitled because my wife works 24 hours each week. Even I could not work due to medical reasons and I do not have any income, they kept saying that I am not qualified.I hope you could give some answers to the following. I have limited minutes to call your office. Thank you very much.

1. Either it's your final year or your application is now non income assessed or some of your grants are missing such as the childcare, parents learning allowance or adult dependent grant (You should phone and chat to an advisor to get this checked for you as that's the only way you can know for sure why it's less)

2. You can apply for adult dependents grant - however you can't apply for adult dependents grant if your adult dependent is also a student (Again, phone up and discuss this)

3. Phone up and this can be checked
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
Are you in your final year?

No, I am not. 2nd year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending