The Student Room Group

i hate being a skinny girl! i'm so insecure :/

Scroll to see replies

I've always found a girls confidence far sexier than a girls body. Flaws are what make us human, a 'perfect' body, frankly, disturbs me to look at.
You owe yourself more than your external beauty; everybody does.
In a situation like this, turn to Robbie Williams (Bodies):

Bodies in the Bodhi tree,
Bodies making chemistry
Bodies on my family,
Bodies in the way of me
Bodies in the cemetery,
And that's the way it's gonna be

All we've ever wanted
Is to look good naked
Hope that someone can take it
God save me rejection
From my reflection,
I want perfection
Original post by fr0sr_
On a forum.. :biggrin:Post a picture of yourself then, bet you're ugly as ****.

Being all confrontational on a dweeb website big man :colonhash:. You better watch what you say in the real world, you will piss off the wrong person one day.
Reply 43
Original post by stefano865
Get a decent bf too.

lool i'm already dating someone
Original post by boredasf
that's true :smile:

i never used to hate being skinny tbh, i think i've become insecure from looking at girls on instagram :/

how tall are you? x

I honestly would not go on that site, it's completely unrealistic and will only make you feel bad about yourself when there's no reason to. They tend to make slightly bigger girls feel bad about themselves because they have tiny waists and slim limbs, and they also make skinnier girls feel bad about themselves because they have big curves. It's damaging. And they look completely different in real life, so unrealistic.

Think of all the skinnier actresses and models out there who are gorgeous. :smile:

I'm 5 ft 5. I'd much rather be more petite though, I love the petite, dainty look. Think Audrey Tautou and Audrey Hepburn (although I think she was more average in height).
lool i'm already dating someone

You moved on quickly.

Hopefully he will be able to help you a bit with your self-esteem.
Original post by Harold Godwinson
Being all confrontational on a dweeb website big man :colonhash:. You better watch what you say in the real world, you will piss off the wrong person one day.

Notice how you're diverting the subject? Isn't that a surprise.. :biggrin:
Being all confrontational
How am I being confrontational? I'm pulling you up for being a creep.
on a dweeb website big man :colonhash:.

"Dweeb"? 2002 called, they want their insults back.
Nothing changes when I go online, nor when I go out into the "real world" - Don't need to watch out at all. :u:
Original post by Gorillion
Try to gain some weight. At least 45 but ideally 50kg.

You can't advise someone to put on 10kg without even looking at them.

OP, my sister is really slim and petite, like 5 ft 2. She used to hate being skinny and last year she managed to put on weight, less than stone. And it actually really didn't suit her. She looked way better before and now she's back to her normal weight people have told her she looked chubby before. Even though to someone else that weight would not have been chubby in the slightest, but it just didn't suit her.
Reply 48
Original post by stefano865
You moved on quickly.

Hopefully he will be able to help you a bit with your self-esteem.

haha he's a bit of a **** actually..
feel as though he's using me for sex, but that's a whole other topic -__-
Reply 49
Original post by Twinpeaks
I honestly would not go on that site, it's completely unrealistic and will only make you feel bad about yourself when there's no reason to. They tend to make slightly bigger girls feel bad about themselves because they have tiny waists and slim limbs, and they also make skinnier girls feel bad about themselves because they have big curves. It's damaging. And they look completely different in real life, so unrealistic.

Think of all the skinnier actresses and models out there who are gorgeous. :smile:

I'm 5 ft 5. I'd much rather be more petite though, I love the petite, dainty look. Think Audrey Tautou and Audrey Hepburn (although I think she was more average in height).

yeah instagram is the worst! -__- i guess i should focus less on my physical appearance and focus more on my character.

omg you're the perfect height btw! x
Reply 50
Original post by fr0sr_

Nothing changes when I go online, nor when I go out into the "real world" - Don't need to watch out at all. :u:

lol what is going on???
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

what can i do to gain weight in a healthy way?

thank you xx

At least you have boobs... I just have these pathetic little rasins :frown:

Seriously though, don't be insecure or feel that you have to change yourself for anyone. Body positivity should embrace all shapes and sizes. If a guy rejects you based on your size, he's not worth your time. Love yourself!

EDIT: Just saw your height & weight. You have a BMI of 17.58 which is technically underweight. However, BMI is flawed as this may be a healthy weight for you, especially if you are still menstruating and have always been skinny. If you want to gain weight for health reasons, see a dietitian or visit your GP to find out how to do it healthily.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sod what is on Instagram, don't let anyone make you feel down about your body. I think people have good intentions posting those "Men love curves!!!" Posts but they don't seem to realise that by boosting up one body type's self esteem they are making people with another type feel horrible.

I am size 16 and have felt awful about my weight all my life, my sister is size 10 and gets glared at by larger girls. Basically whatever size you are society tells you it isn't good enough but it's total bulls*it. When it comes down to it men like all sorts of girls of all sizes and aren't as fussy as the media tries to make us believe. *We are all beautiful in our own way and anyone who tells you otherwise is probably just insecure themselves. As long as you try to eat healthily and do exercise you are fine.*
lol what is going on???

This autist is piping up, and getting shirty because myself and someone else are pointing out his idiocy.
I hate being small and skinny! i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is sooo flat! ffs.
i have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore -___- lol

i hate looking like a little girl! the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!!!

recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. i'm very picky.. i don't like vegetables :/ i eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.

i feel as though guys don't like skinny girls. i keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves" :frown:
i'm so insecure.

thank you xx

Perhaps it would be worth asking your GP whether you are eligible for a prescription of nutritional drinks. Perhaps ones with a high amount of carbohydrates (or protein, given that its converted to carbs/fat when your body has absorbed enough). It would really allow you to gain weight pretty quickly. I mean an ass is mostly just fat anyway, so once you've gained the weight you need, you should be good. If it it's not what you want, then you'd probably need to research some exercises to do that will help increase its size.
Original post by fr0sr_

The only creepy thing here is you getting all pissy at a guy you don't even know. You're going out of your way to argue with me and from this point on I'm not going to satisfy the chip on your shoulder. And enough with the emojis, it shows how ****ing angry you are at confident people, because deep down you're a sad lonely person, that wishes he had the *******s to take the plunge and pursue girls and then get jealous at guys that do. I feel really sorry for you mate.
I hate being small and skinny!
What you are saying her is that you hate yourself. What for? It's not your fault.
i'm 22 years old, 5ft, and my bum is so flat!
And why does that matter?
I have alright boobs, but guys don't seem to care about boobs anymore
Maybe those that don't (we all have different preferences) just aren't the right guys for you?
I hate looking like a little girl!
Again, you don't need to self-hate, you have done nothing wrong.
the other day i went to buy some paracetamol and i got asked to show ID.... like wtf! i'm 22!
A lot of people get very disappointed when that stops happening. Someone I know has to ask for ID for anyone who looks under 25.
recently i have lost my appetite, and i don't really eat healthy food. I'm very picky. I don't like vegetables I eat a lot of junk food but i'm starting to realise that i need to change my diet.
OK this is the important bit. Try and eat healthily. If you have lost your appetite then try more exercise? That way you might also gain a bit of muscle and so won't look as skinny?
I feel as though guys don't like skinny girls.
You can't really generalise half of the human race... If they don't like you, then they're not right for you.
I keep seeing comments everywhere that skinny girls just aren't attractive anymore and "a real girl has curves"
Again, for someone to define you as not being real doesn't really deserve your attention.
I'm so insecure.
Have you done anything wrong? No? Then you've got nothing to be insecure about as far as body image is concerned.
Exercise to increase your appetite and give you a bit of muscle.
thank you
No problem.
I know how you feel OP. I weigh about 45kg and sometimes feel a bit down about it. I don't think I look really skinny, not unhealthily anyway...I still have a bum somehow, so any fat I have clearly goes there :lol: but you can make your bum bigger so don't feel too bad about that. If you're really insecure about it then try eating better and exercising more I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only creepy thing here is you getting all pissy at a guy you don't even know. You're going out of your way to argue with me and from this point on I'm not going to satisfy the chip on your shoulder. And enough with the emojis, it shows how ****ing angry you are at confident people, because deep down you're a sad lonely person, that wishes he had the *******s to take the plunge and pursue girls and then get jealous at guys that do. I feel really sorry for you mate.

lmao, are you mad? I think you're mad.*.
Cry a bit quieter please, thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Platopus
At least you have boobs... I just have these pathetic little rasins :frown:

Seriously though, don't be insecure or feel that you have to change yourself for anyone. Body positivity should embrace all shapes and sizes. If a guy rejects you based on your size, he's not worth your time. Love yourself!

EDIT: Just saw your height & weight. You have a BMI of 17.58 which is technically underweight. However, BMI is flawed as this may be a healthy weight for you, especially if you are still menstruating and have always been skinny. If you want to gain weight for health reasons, see a dietitian or visit your GP to find out how to do it healthily.

gain weight if you want boobs, after all boobs are just a lump of fat

Quick Reply