The Student Room Group

Anniversary gift

It'll almost be my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend soon and I'm not sure what to get him. I brought him a watch on his birthday and thought of getting another one since he's a watch and socks kinda guy. As well as maybe a cake because that's what he likes. The thing is, is that ordinary or does anyone have any other suggestions? (it's my first time being with someone for like a whole year so i'm kinda lost)

Scroll to see replies

Congrats!

Even if other people think it's ordinary, if it's special to him he will love it regardless. I personally like to buy merchandise based on different shows and games and stuff he likes. MenKind is a great place to go! They have a website too.

Does he like any particular shows/films etc? You could try getting themed stuff.
Reply 2
Original post by PandaCalavera
Congrats!

Even if other people think it's ordinary, if it's special to him he will love it regardless. I personally like to buy merchandise based on different shows and games and stuff he likes. MenKind is a great place to go! They have a website too.

Does he like any particular shows/films etc? You could try getting themed stuff.

From what I remember, he is a sherlock fan and he likes cynaide and happiness , but I'll ask indirectly but yeah, that's cool :smile: , didn't think of that
Ooh they have some good C&H stuff on their website! Not sure about Sherlock merch but there must be some stuff out there. Wish you luck!
Reply 4
My boyfriend and I made each other little books as keepsakes - with photos and messages and things.
Are you in a long distance relationship by any chance?
Reply 6
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Yeah, Until september because of uni. But really it's couple of months until teh 1 year anniversary, I just like to plan ahead and know how much to save for it.
Reply 7
Original post by vlb206
My boyfriend and I made each other little books as keepsakes - with photos and messages and things.

Yeah, that's cute. Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I'm one of those girls that would rather he wore or had things that were from me, so when he wears them, it'll remind him of me and a indirect blockage in case he gets hit on my other girls lol.
Reply 8
Original post by PandaCalavera
Ooh they have some good C&H stuff on their website! Not sure about Sherlock merch but there must be some stuff out there. Wish you luck!

yeah, i'll look more at it and see what I can find. Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, Until september because of uni. But really it's couple of months until teh 1 year anniversary, I just like to plan ahead and know how much to save for it.

So you can do two of the things

1) Make open when envelopes. They cost very little which is good if you're on a budget. And they're pretty heartfelt and romantic. I've done these before and they went down well https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=open+when+envelopes&client=opera&hs=pTk&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE4v-u4sjOAhXFDxoKHfD0DjkQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=658#imgrc=Tb8y1o59w6QzsM%3A

2) Keychains. Buy one for you and your boyfriend and get your coordinates put on them. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/199276672/long-distance-relationship-keychains?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=long%20distance%20relationship&ref=sr_gallery_25&source=aw&awc=6091_1471447979_f681e799539df68f7b934673e0ccb910&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=uk_location_buyer&utm_content=61664

These ones are fairly expensive but I know some companies do some cheaper :smile:
So you can do two of the things

1) Make open when envelopes. They cost very little which is good if you're on a budget. And they're pretty heartfelt and romantic. I've done these before and they went down well https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=open+when+envelopes&client=opera&hs=pTk&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE4v-u4sjOAhXFDxoKHfD0DjkQ_AUICCgB&biw=1366&bih=658#imgrc=Tb8y1o59w6QzsM%3A

2) Keychains. Buy one for you and your boyfriend and get your coordinates put on them. https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/199276672/long-distance-relationship-keychains?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=long%20distance%20relationship&ref=sr_gallery_25&source=aw&awc=6091_1471447979_f681e799539df68f7b934673e0ccb910&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=uk_location_buyer&utm_content=61664

These ones are fairly expensive but I know some companies do some cheaper :smile:

I don't get the coordinates thing if i'm honest
From what I remember, he is a sherlock fan and he likes cynaide and happiness , but I'll ask indirectly but yeah, that's cool :smile: , didn't think of that

Get him the boxset for the show (its like really cheap for all 3 seasons around 15 quid i spent over 30 to get all three) and some merch (there are tons of things you can buy on the internet)
I don't get the coordinates thing if i'm honest

What do you mean by you don't get it?

You get the longtitude and latitude of his uni city and get it engraved. You keep that one. Then you get the longtitude and latitude of your uni city and get it engraved on another one (your boyfriend keeps that)
What do you mean by you don't get it?

You get the longtitude and latitude of his uni city and get it engraved. You keep that one. Then you get the longtitude and latitude of your uni city and get it engraved on another one (your boyfriend keeps that)

We both go to the same uni. so maybe it wont work..unless I do hometown or place of birth..
Original post by retro_turtles
Get him the boxset for the show (its like really cheap for all 3 seasons around 15 quid i spent over 30 to get all three) and some merch (there are tons of things you can buy on the internet)

Yeah, that could work :smile:, thank you

Awww, that's so cute! Yeah so happy now I can bookmark this for later :biggrin: . He'll love it! And saves me money on buying another watch
Awww, that's so cute! Yeah so happy now I can bookmark this for later :biggrin: . He'll love it! And saves me money on buying another watch

You're welcome :h:
And just a random question, do people celebrate 9 months in a relationship or something? Just curious lol.

LDR expert ^

I'm in LDR... I'm not going to say here because someone will peek on here and read but I do something for 6 months; 1 year; 2 years if you private message me I might have some ideas (warning: I'm hopeless romantic but realistic)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending