The Student Room Group

Muslims "in the crosshairs of bigotry"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
Suharto made sure everything he did was supported by his Muslim Clerics.

Well obviously they'd support him, he would've probably killed them if they didn't.

I don't see what your full point is though, are you trying to say that all muslims do is takeover and conquer by any means?
Reply 121
Original post by inhuman
No. You are quite right, it is not.

But within our society it is the only way. We have every right to protect it as much as possible. And if they don't want to accept our way, then they can **** off to some country that is ok with archaic ideas.

An ideology that actively preaches hate of women and gays, and well frankly anyone that isn't a follower (and before you say most Muslims aren't hateful of non-Muslims, well that's just because they choose to be, it is not what their religion says though), has no place here.

I disagree with you . Islam does not preach hate of women because in islamic ideology a women is guaranteed heaven just for being a mother. And Muhammad is said to have said that the person you should love most after God and Muhammad is your mother, your mother, your mother and then you love your father. Three times more than the father.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gazebo99
Well obviously they'd support him, he would've probably killed them if they didn't.

I don't see what your full point is though, are you trying to say that all muslims do is takeover and conquer by any means?

I'd like to see proof for that given I know he had to keep THEM happy not the other way round

My point was to confirm another group of Muslims committing genocide in what a troll poster claimed was a trouble free country (But yes in general I would push the point in that all muslims do is takeover and conquer by any means and if you want to start a thread in History I'd be happy to show you why this is the case)
Original post by MMM1997
I'm disagree with you . Islam does not preach hate of women because in islamic ideology a women is guaranteed heaven just for being a mother. And Muhammad is said to have said that the person you should love most after God and Muhammad is your mother, your mother, your mother and then you love your father. Three times more than the father.

:biggrin: so a Muslim women who is a mother can kill someone and still get into hell

I don't believe this is the case for a moment
Original post by MMM1997
And Muhammad is said to have said that the person you should love most after God and Muhammad is your mother, your mother, your mother and then you love your father. Three times more than the father.

why would someone love mohammed before their mother and father- thats just nonesense
Reply 125
Original post by JoshDawg
Worst thing Islam could have done was start moving into Western society. In their own little (3rd) worlds they could fester alone, sold their oil and got on with life. But Western society as a whole is cracking down a lot on societal cancers, especially one so outdated as Islam. Only thing them doing arriving in Europe is putting their own religion under immense scrutiny which they won't come back from, and it's just gonna build up tensions to a breaking point, and they'll be the ones breaking.

If Islam went under immense reform I wouldn't have a problem, it is how it is right now that is the problem, and you cannot say that Islam has nothing to do with recent terror events because there is one religion that is consistently inspiring them.

Also as a side note any country that has adopted Islam has basically turned to crap. Sorry but not sorry it's true.

Actually countries like Iraq were one of the richest countries before the western world intervened in their bid to get rid of "their illegal weapons" Now they are amongst one of the poorest countriesin the world.
Reply 126
Original post by Chakede
why would someone love mohammed before their mother and father- thats just nonesense

In terms of religion your are meant to please your God before everyone else. Same in Christianity.
Reply 127
:biggrin: so a Muslim women who is a mother can kill someone and still get into hell

I don't believe this is the case for a moment

How their God will judge them no one knows. However she will get heaven for all the hardships she went through from pregnancy to raising them
Original post by MMM1997
How their God will judge them no one knows. However she will get heaven for all the hardships she went through from pregnancy to raising them

Apparently you know given you claimed they WOULD get into heaven even if they killed a few people had a bit of fornication on the side and the odd drink here and there.

'a women is guaranteed heaven'
Original post by alevelstresss
You realise you said I was a Muslim? I was just clarifying something simple which evidently confuses you. :rolleyes:

"and the systematic discrimination and oppression inherent in the ideology you subscribe to (as a Muslim)"

Are you even reading what I am typing, or are you another troll?

So what? You doesn't always mean you personally...

Not to mention, and I will only for the last time now, you not being a Muslim is neither something you should use as an argument, nor does it matter one bit. If anything, it makes it worse that you pretend to be some sort of uber tolerant good guy defending the oh so poor Muslims.
Reply 130
Original post by D3LLI5
Indonesia is the equivalent of a barrel of petrol and you're pointing to it saying "look petrol is so safe this barrel hasn't exploded". Just wait for the match and you'll eat your words.

If the opposition forces in Syria were advocating a democracy like the founding fathers of the US how long do you think this war would have taken? I'm not focused on what will help the situation, i'm focusing on the truth, and the truth is that mohammed raped a 9 year old girl and both the quran and hadiths support the subjugation of women and execution of gays and non-muslims. The quran in the islamic faith is the literal word of god, you can't just not "incorporate the bad parts of the Quran". Jesus and mohammed were very different people, jesus was a peaceful hippy, mohammed was a degenerate warlord. An extreme christian following the teachings of jesus would become extremely charitable, an extreme muslim following the teachings of mohammed would blow up innocent non-muslims to spread islam and cleanse their sins, hence we probably wouldn't see the same terrorism problem. I'd ask you to point out where the bible advocates the equivalent of jihad.

The killing of non Muslims is never mentioned. if you actually read the arabic it says polytheists i.e. the people who betrayed muhammad. If at any point they sought forgiveness or asylum the Muslims had to give it to them.
If you think the bible is a very peaceful book you obviously havent some part which are very extreme.
The subjugation of women believe it or not is actually because of cultural beliefs. Islam placed women in a very high place. In Islam men and women are equals.
Original post by MMM1997
I disagree with you . Islam does not preach hate of women because in islamic ideology a women is guaranteed heaven just for being a mother. And Muhammad is said to have said that the person you should love most after God and Muhammad is your mother, your mother, your mother and then you love your father. Three times more than the father.

And for every verse that says something good for women you can find one that says the opposite.

And all you have to do is look at women's rights in Muslim countries.

Not a place I would want to live in as a woman. Would you?
I'd like to see proof for that given I know he had to keep THEM happy not the other way round

Orthodox Muslims were some of the strongest opposition to Suharto. Suharto was a member of the Abangan who practiced a syncretised form of Islam that borrowed from earlier Hindu and Buddhist influences in Java. Suharto's main strength was the military, although he did make use of Muslim anti-communism/anti-atheist sentiments to do away with the PKI (Indonesian communist party). Suharto however took a very strong stance against Sharia, hence there was no autonomous Aceh region which implemented Sharia like we see now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 133
Apparently you know given you claimed they WOULD get into heaven even if they killed a few people had a bit of fornication on the side and the odd drink here and there.

'a women is guaranteed heaven'

Please don't misquote me. I said one who is a mother. Not just a woman. In Islam you can ask for forgiveness. They will be punished for what wrong they have done which God hasn't forgiven but in the end they will go to heaven. Going to heaven in Islam doesn't mean that they won't be punished at all but that they will go after their punishment. Its not the same as Christianity where everyone goes to heaven because of Jesus
Original post by MMM1997
Please don't misquote me. I said one who is a mother. Not just a woman. In Islam you can ask for forgiveness. They will be punished for what wrong they have done which God hasn't forgiven but in the end they will go to heaven. Going to heaven in Islam doesn't mean that they won't be punished at all but that they will go after their punishment. Its not the same as Christianity where everyone goes to heaven because of Jesus

Yes I know and that's what I'm talking about

the 'women' is actually part of your quote

You said she is guaranteed this means as long as she is a mother she can do what the hell she likes and according to you she's already in
Original post by MMM1997

And what happens to the gays that ask forgiveness before being beaten? Is it given to them?
Reply 136
Original post by inhuman
And for every verse that says something good for women you can find one that says the opposite.

And all you have to do is look at women's rights in Muslim countries.

Not a place I would want to live in as a woman. Would you?

Womens rights in muslim countries isn't reflective of what is actually in the Quran. On Christianity alcohol and pig isn't allowed but in England its allowed. Isn't England a Christian country?
Please give examples of things that say different regarding womens status in Islam taking into consideration the fact that the english is different from the Arabic so please reference the verse and chapter numbers
Reply 137
Yes I know and that's what I'm talking about

the 'women' is actually part of your quote

You said she is guaranteed this means as long as she is a mother she can do what the hell she likes and according to you she's already in

After being punished.
Original post by inhuman
So what? You doesn't always mean you personally...

Not to mention, and I will only for the last time now, you not being a Muslim is neither something you should use as an argument, nor does it matter one bit. If anything, it makes it worse that you pretend to be some sort of uber tolerant good guy defending the oh so poor Muslims.

You literally said I was a Muslim and now you're denying it.

Why should I waste a single second more on someone who doesn't at least admit the blatant mistake made? Why should I continue discussing with someone who evidently isn't reading a thing I'm saying?
Original post by MMM1997
Womens rights in muslim countries isn't reflective of what is actually in the Quran. On Christianity alcohol and pig isn't allowed but in England its allowed. Isn't England a Christian country?
Please give examples of things that say different regarding womens status in Islam taking into consideration the fact that the english is different from the Arabic so please reference the verse and chapter numbers

Assume you are right, and the Quran is this wonderful, magnificent book with the most amazing morals.

How come Muslims that are meant to live by it, have such **** culture? How come so many interpret it in such disgusting ways?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending