The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Cost of field trips

Hi all,

Do you know how the field trips are paid for? And whether they're subsidised? In that, are they generally affordable for students.

I'm going to be starting Marine Biology with conservation and there might be some international field trips that I would have to pay for. I'm just wondering how much they ended up costing last year's students.

Thanks,
Reply 1
Hi, I can't speak for your particular university but I went to an open day at the University of Manchester and one of their international field trips cost around £1,000. If you're worried you should contact the university :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
Blimey! That's a lot of money. Presumably then a lot of students don't end up going because they can't afford it?
Well for earth sciences at imperial all of the trips are paid for by the university :smile: hopefully that will be the case for you as well
Reply 4
Apparently at Anglia Ruskin we have to pay for the trips.
Original post by wahaj17
Hi all,

Do you know how the field trips are paid for? And whether they're subsidised? In that, are they generally affordable for students.

I'm going to be starting Marine Biology with conservation and there might be some international field trips that I would have to pay for. I'm just wondering how much they ended up costing last year's students.

Thanks,

Hi wahaj17

All international field trips that are at an extra cost and are usually anything from £300-£1,500 depending on where in the world you'll be going. ]

You can email [email protected] to find out roughly the trips might cost you if you're thinking about going.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you, I have emailed them.
Original post by wahaj17
Thank you, I have emailed them.

No worries at all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending