Very worried about AS result maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by 04MR17
Does it say Edexcel?
The most important pages are 4 and 5.

Spoiler

sorry i wasn't sure if it was aqa or edexcel , anyway thanks
i done AS maths in year 11 (( c1,c2&&d1)) If i decide to resit and start as again in year 12 ( likewise everyone else) will universities know ive resat it && will it affect my chance of getting into a russel group university alot :-( ?
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Even an A grade itself won't look very good for an Oxford Physics course.

its an A for AS theres no A* in as mate this is as much as i can get lol
Original post by NatoHeadshot
its an A for AS theres no A* in as mate this is as much as i can get lol

My bad, I thought you were talking about A2 for some reason (despite the title lol)

But my initial statement still stands :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by 04MR17
Boundaries compared to mean boundaries (from Jan05-Jun15) are as follows:
C1
A 60.7 average to 61 this year
B 52.9 average to 55 this year - but lowest since January 2013
C 45.2 average to 50 this year - but on par with last 2 years
D 38 average to 40 this year
E 30.9 average to 40 this year - highest ever
C2
A 61 average to 63 this year - highest in last two years
B 53 average to 57 this year - same as above
C 46 average to 51 this year - highest since 2006
D 38 average to 46 this year - highest ever
E 31 average to 41 this year - highest ever

hmm:s-smilie: I seriously messed up the C2 exam and consequently I am dreading seeing that sheet of paper tomorrow. Tbh, C1 didn't even go that well for me either. I was on track to get an A... but I think I'm looking at a C tomorrow. Quite disappointed at this as I have been looking at applying for AAA courses. Do you think I still have a chance at receiving offers if I do get a C in Maths?

More importantly, with a C at As-level maths is it possible to get an A or B as a final grade if I resit the c2 exam and maybe c1?

Thank you.
guys will the results be avaliable on results plus site after the countdown clock is done?
I feel exactly what you feel. This year I feel they were a bit harsh, there were lots of differences in the papers like on s1 there was only 6 questions when there is usually 7 or 8. What kills me most is the uncertainty, I have no idea what I will get tomorrow.
Reply 27
Original post by h1347698
So i'm getting my AS results tomorrow and I'm really worried about my maths as I think the grade boundaries are high, whilst I found the exams (edexcel) far more difficult than the past papers and mocks. I tried so hard for a B so I will be so sad if I get less than a C. I feel like this may mess things up and I will have no chance of getting into uni.

I actually enjoy maths and am not bad but I feel those exams were harsh.

I'm sure there will be people on here who have been through this, so if you have any advice I would be grateful.

Anyone else feeling the same: best of luck for tomorrow!

I feel the same, don't worry you are not alone :smile: Seriously hope we all do okay though!
Original post by L_frank
hmm:s-smilie: I seriously messed up the C2 exam and consequently I am dreading seeing that sheet of paper tomorrow. Tbh, C1 didn't even go that well for me either. I was on track to get an A... but I think I'm looking at a C tomorrow. Quite disappointed at this as I have been looking at applying for AAA courses. Do you think I still have a chance at receiving offers if I do get a C in Maths?

More importantly, with a C at As-level maths is it possible to get an A or B as a final grade if I resit the c2 exam and maybe c1?

Thank you.

Yes.
Reply 29
Original post by fawazatanda
I feel exactly what you feel. This year I feel they were a bit harsh, there were lots of differences in the papers like on s1 there was only 6 questions when there is usually 7 or 8. What kills me most is the uncertainty, I have no idea what I will get tomorrow.

the suspense is truly killing me inside haha.

I did the D1 module... i know excuses don't matter but- although the level of difficulty of content was decent , in my opinion Edexcel added in way more time consuming questions than any previous d1 paper (many diagrams to draw and long algorithms to work through) which resulted in many students feeling pressurized and missing small questions out which equates to lots of little marks being lost.
Luckily I personally finished, but it was very rushed and I am scared to see what mark I have got now!
Reply 30
Original post by L_frank
I feel the same, don't worry you are not alone :smile: Seriously hope we all do okay though!

Good luck!
Reply 31
Thanks everyone. I have no idea what to expect but I tried my best and can re take modules next year.
Well, if it makes you feel better it's 71/75 for an A* in FP3... XD although it wasn't that hard as it usually is (last year it was 59/75 for an A*)
Original post by L_frank

Thank you.

This is exactly my position, I messed up C2 soooo bad but really wanted to go to a uni Eg Warwick which needs AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
bye why are the mechanics boundaries so high?? am i the only one found it the most difficult out of the three?
Reply 35
Original post by emilylunny
bye why are the mechanics boundaries so high?? am i the only one found it the most difficult out of the three?

I did mechanics and found it hard. The grade boundaries seem high, i'm worried about not reaching a good grade :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h1347698
I did mechanics and found it hard. The grade boundaries seem high, i'm worried about not reaching a good grade :frown:

No, I remember coming out and my teacher stopped me and I just .... laughed about it. Like that's how bad it was. I genuinely think I've gotten an E because I remember coming out and thinking I got about 58% and those marks turn out to an E this year which is... fantastic. Cried after C1 but looking back I reckon it was my best paper :frown:
Reply 37
You can probably resit next year. Don't worry at all. You'll probably understand it a lot better naturally as you learn more maths without having to put as much work in as you did in AS into it. Don't not work, but don't stress it so much.
Reply 38
Original post by emilylunny
No, I remember coming out and my teacher stopped me and I just .... laughed about it. Like that's how bad it was. I genuinely think I've gotten an E because I remember coming out and thinking I got about 58% and those marks turn out to an E this year which is... fantastic. Cried after C1 but looking back I reckon it was my best paper :frown:

Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I personally think the grade boundaries for C1, C2 and S1 are quite reasonable (although I think C1 should be a tiny bit lower) but I am so annoyed at how many silly mistakes I know I've made in each of the exams. My sixth form don't let you resit exams either unless you resit the ENTIRE year for all of your subjects which is just ridiculous. Usually in C1, I was getting at least 68/75 in practice papers but in the actual exam, I've probably got around 57/75 UGH. Same with S1.

Quick Reply

Latest