The Student Room Group

The world is going to tear itself apart with Islam hate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by an_atheist
Fundamentalists take the literal interpretation of the words in front of them. No manipulation at all, its just that we dont like what happens when people do so, so people call those who do such things extreme and say they are taking things ou of context, when they are just followng the literal interpretation of the teachings

Except there is no literal interpretation that exists for some of these things, holy scriptures written 1500 years ago in a completely different society are ambiguous.
This is why many Muslims have the decency to interpret the Quran with their own peaceful aspirations.
Original post by Robby2312
Maybe if you stopped crying about islamophobia every time there was a terror attack and actually cried for the real victims (you know the ones who died) people would have more sympathy.

Islamaphobia is arguably what alienates some of the potential future malleable young individuals into perpetrators, I think worrying about Islam hate or hate against Muslims is entirely warranted.
Living conditions of people + cultural factors cause wars. Religion is just used as a front-line justification for it all. Once you mix religion with culture, you get comments from bigots. I am not saying that religion does not play a part but its not the sole cause of the problem, its often a cover.
Original post by an_atheist
It legitimises hateful feelings, but lets not point out what is wrong with it after someone acts on those feelings.
Really?
I get its 'not all muslims; and so on, but still, your head might need to be removed from your rectum.
Where is the teachings of the Qu'ran and Haddiths manipulated to support extremism. A literal reading of quite a few bits wil give support to most of the Islamic extremism that occurs, as you noted, so?

A lot of the verses of the quran e.g. the one saying to kill all the non believers is actually to be interpreted contexually. Please research the topic you're writing about before commenting.
Original post by alevelstresss
Except there is no literal interpretation that exists for some of these things, holy scriptures written 1500 years ago in a completely different society are ambiguous.
This is why many Muslims have the decency to interpret the Quran with their own peaceful aspirations.

There is always a literal interpretation mate.
By ignoring the bits that say stuff to the tune of 'strike at the necks of the unbelievers' (i believe that is the actual phrasing) and just generally promote violence against all who don't follow the Qu'ran.
Reply 25
They aren't 'wholly incompatible', we have millions of Muslims living in Europe, the UK and the USA who have never done a harmful thing to their society.

Its a completely unwarranted statement to say that Islam can't integrate with democracy, it is and it has been for ages.

Living in a shadow society does not mean they are integrated. It is widely accepted that even in Germany integration has completely failed. For years we have issues with Turkish families not sending their daughters to school. And in light of recent events in and with relations of Germany/Turkey it has become evidently clear which country these people you call integrated really feel for. France, Belgium, all countries with completely unintegrated Muslim immigrants.

And that's just where there are a minority. What do you think will happen when they become a majority? No thanks, we can never allow that to happen.
Reply 26
Hate is path to evil, avoid hating anyone, even your enemies.
Original post by inhuman
Living in a shadow society does not mean they are integrated. It is widely accepted that even in Germany integration has completely failed. For years we have issues with Turkish families not sending their daughters to school. And in light of recent events in and with relations of Germany/Turkey it has become evidently clear which country these people you call integrated really feel for. France, Belgium, all countries with completely unintegrated Muslim immigrants.

And that's just where there are a minority. What do you think will happen when they become a majority? No thanks, we can never allow that to happen.

How exactly is it 'widely accepted' that integration has failed? The Cologne attacks, which have not been attributed officially to Islam in any way, are not an example.

An example would be a massive Muslim-only ghetto area where other cultures aren't welcome and they actively evade society.
This doesn't happen.
Reply 28
How exactly is it 'widely accepted' that integration has failed? The Cologne attacks, which have not been attributed officially to Islam in any way, are not an example.

An example would be a massive Muslim-only ghetto area where other cultures aren't welcome and they actively evade society.
This doesn't happen.

Never even mentioned these. Just follow German (oh so left wing let's better not offend anyone) media and you will see that there are more and more people, average Joe as well as experts and politicians, saying that integration has failed.

And that is exactly what the **** is happening. How can you deny this? Are you so blind to the truth?

Here since you are always asking for "proof" and whatnot: as far back as 2010 Merkel said it has failed:

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/integration-merkel-erklaert-multikulti-fuer-gescheitert-a-723532.html
Original post by inhuman

Well done, really well done! Mixing culture with religion. Where in islam does it say muslims cannot integrate with society? They just happen to be Muslims. Good comment mate, well done!
Original post by inhuman
Never even mentioned these. Just follow German (oh so left wing let's better not offend anyone) media and you will see that there are more and more people, average Joe as well as experts and politicians, saying that integration has failed.

And that is exactly what the **** is happening. How can you deny this? Are you so blind to the truth?

Here since you are always asking for "proof" and whatnot: as far back as 2010 Merkel said it has failed:

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/integration-merkel-erklaert-multikulti-fuer-gescheitert-a-723532.html

You realise this article says "the approach to multiculturalism has failed"?

Something entirely different from post-refugee crisis Muslim immigrant integration, which is what I am discussing.
Isn't the OP a Muslim that pretends to not be a Muslim?
Reply 32
Original post by gazebo99
Well done, really well done! Mixing culture with religion. Where in islam does it say muslims cannot integrate with society? They just happen to be Muslims. Good comment mate, well done!

What a fail post. On so many levels. Not even worthy of a reply other than: :hahaha:
Original post by The_Opinion

I'm atheist
Reply 34
You realise this article says "the approach to multiculturalism has failed"?

Something entirely different from post-refugee crisis Muslim immigrant integration, which is what I am discussing.

Yes. I do. And once again you fail to realize what the point is and get hung up on something that is "wrong" or "different".

Integration over time has failed miserably. And all of a sudden forced integration of a much larger number in a much shorter period of time is supposed to be successful? :facepalm:
Original post by inhuman
What a fail post. On so many levels. Not even worthy of a reply other than: :hahaha:

Ok mate ok
Original post by inhuman
Yes. I do. And once again you fail to realize what the point is and get hung up on something that is "wrong" or "different".

Integration over time has failed miserably. And all of a sudden forced integration of a much larger number in a much shorter period of time is supposed to be successful? :facepalm:

You don't seem to understand that the majority of immigrants integrate just fine, and the tiny handful who don't suffer media-political spotlight attention which is what you're basing your assumption of 'integration failing' on.

integration has never 'failed' in modern history as far as I am concerned, it hasn't been a steady ride, but it certainly hasn't 'failed', and the vast majority of immigrants to many countries have integrated with ease.
Reply 37
Original post by The_Opinion

No no, haven't you read the OP? He has been to the heart of Muslim communities. He has seen their beauty. He must now bring forth and protect this beauty in this harsh world.
Reply 38
You don't seem to understand that the majority of immigrants integrate just fine, and the tiny handful who don't suffer media-political spotlight attention which is what you're basing your assumption of 'integration failing' on.

integration has never 'failed' in modern history as far as I am concerned, it hasn't been a steady ride, but it certainly hasn't 'failed', and the vast majority of immigrants to many countries have integrated with ease.

As far as you are concerned.

Alright then, case closed.
Original post by inhuman
As far as you are concerned.

Alright then, case closed.

You can close the case by giving me a specific case study of 'integration failing'.

And my definition of failing is that all immigrants had to leave or they were killed by the locals.

A handful of immigrants causingproblems is not 'failed integration'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending