The Student Room Group

Why TSR will never die

old people leave, new people come ...why?

TSR is fueled by exams and results day from people's anxiety, once people take the bait that TSR helps with exams, these people will then wonder off into the other sections where they'll be sucked into the black hole.

without exams and results day the forum will need to promote the chat forum to stay alive. so basically if you want to get rid of TSR you'll have to get rid of education. TSR = education.

Spoiler

What if someone hacked it? :cookie:
Reply 2
Original post by Warrior Gene
What if someone hacked it? :cookie:

if i was a hacker, what would i do with tsr though? nothing interests me as a hacker hacking into tsr
TSR could die if someone made a website similar to TSR, the website gets more popularity then everyone leaves TSR to join that website
What if someone launches a competitor?

Also there is the issue that it has upwards of 30 employees all of whom have to be paid and if TSR's corporate sponsors backed out or demanded rebates due to the number of dupes it would go under.
TSR will not die, as it's one of the few student forums MAINLY for UK students and any international student moving out or moving here. A lot of other student forums are American, therefore, they will not understand or experience what we are experiencing and visa verse.
Yeah another forum could come along, but NONE HAS! And TSR has been around long enough for competition to start kicking in but nada. So,I doubt it, especially in the next few years.
I do hope we won't :smile:
As long as there are people with no social lives and 30+ A*s at GCSE, TSR will remain for them a safe refuge and somewhere to call home.
No worries, it will be time to procrastinate again soon.
Reply 9
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
As long as there are people with no social lives and 30+ A*s at GCSE, TSR will remain for them a safe refuge and somewhere to call home.

hmmm add oxbridge graduate to the list
TSR will never die:smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

hmmm add oxbridge graduate to the list

Quick Reply

Latest